“Not What I Expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not What I Expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Check in lady snooty, used points for suite but it smelled horrible had to open window, breakfast typical and young lady was very nice, pool area very nice, no security to speak of, front desk empty for long periods of time, its next to a risky hotel, parking lot shenanigans, wouldn't adjust rate for 2nd stay, left to go somewhere else...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms was very nice. The hotel it self was pleasant. the only thing we did not like was the breakfast. The Breakfast was nasty!! bitter frozen canned fruit, powered eggs, they did not have a big section to put from at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Macon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Started out great with the person who made my reservation at the Country Inn direct in Atlanta and went downhill from there. Front desk made promises to put crib in room, which the reservationist said would already be in there, and after numerous request I finally went and got it myself. If front desk had been busy I could understand but I watched while personal phone calls and just sitting and reading went on. The pool deck was extremely slippery and yet no one had been in pool since it had been lighting and thundering and raining all morning (inside pool). Hot tub was not hot. The hot water in the shower in room was tepid at most. Room was comfortable and clean. A few broken fixtures in bedroom and the tv remote didn't work. Didn't notice any bugs other than the one flying around. Breakfast person did not anticipate number of people eating and ran out of coffee almost imediately and when ask how long said "it'll be out there when I have it ready" and she only made one container at a time.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, plenty in area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
James Z, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-Airport North, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
First I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and let you know I am extremely sorry for the issues you experienced while here.We are looking into the maintenance issues. I regret that our staff didnot provide the quality of service expected. I have brought your concerns with the crib as well as breakfast to the general managers attention and he is addressing your complaints. We value you as a guest and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you the exemplary service that we can provide.

Stephanie Rogers
Sales Manager
Columbia MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from August 21 - 25 for a business conference at the Hilton down the street. All the staff was fantastic, went out of their way to help you (thank you Cierra!). Called a cab when needed; offered to set up a cab for the return ride; etc. Always a good morning/evening; great attitudes; called out 'welcome' with a smile. The breakfast was typical of CI&S, however, they did seem to offer more choices on a daily basis. I would highly recommend this hotel. I will stay there again when in the Atlanta GA area!

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor that looked out at trees and a yard. Very nice to have that view because...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at this property August 16, 2013 for one night only. I typically stay at Country Inn Suites when traveling with the kids because of the hot breakfast and indoor pool. For this property that is the only two standard qualities that were met. I was looking forward to arrival, because someone from the front desk called me prior to arrival to make sure I was still coming and offered me an upgrade. That was a nice gesture but upon arrival that same clerk at 10PM in the evening after hours of travel continued to ask unnecessary questions about my discounted rate when her job was to check me in I had already been approved for my rate. We went to the pool because it does not close until 12AM and towels were not available so I asked the same front desk clerk and she said I would have to wait until someone else came in at shift change. Not sure why she could not just walk over and bring towels next door, but that person finally arrived and brought towels about 11:15PM. Upon entry into the room I immediately noticed the old and worn furniture and white refrigerator and microwave that needed to be replaced. It seemed cheap and below the standard. The furniture appeared dirty and I did not want to sit on it. There was a blood stain on the shower curtain. There were different types of hair all over the sheets. I called front desk to get more sheets and the night clerk said he would check housekeeping but he could not guarantee me more sheets. I never heard anything else about the sheets and I had to go downstairs and get my sheets. For a property near the airport I expected a higher standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James Z, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-Airport North, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had while staying at our property. we appreciate and value your feedback. We have shared your review with our staff and have taken steps to address your issues. We also are currently making upgrades to our property. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show you this the next time you travel into our area. If you would like to discuss this further I can be contacted at the hotel.

Stephanie Rogers
Director of Sales
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Me and my family visited this hotel from Aug 7-9,2013. We were leaving the morning of Aug 9,2013. We woke up at about 5:00am. I had noticed a bug on my grandson's shirt my mother stated that it was a bed bug. I pulled the covers back and they the bed bugs were crawling all over the mattress. My sister called down to the manager on duty to inform him. We had took videos and pictures of the bugs and the many, many, many, many bites that where on our body. To this day we are still starching from those little creatures whom have left RED marks all over us. If you do decide to stay there please don't go in room 202. The manager stated that he was going to go to the room and take his own pictures and inform his manager. I am sorry, but I do not believe him, they probably cleaned the room up after we left and rented it out. Oh the beds had lumps in them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James Z, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-Airport North, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Maria O;
I and the entire staff, graciously apologize for the problem you had at our establishment I pray the return trip home was pleasant and your family is doing well.
It is by no means acceptable circumstances when any one of our guests comes upon an unwanted pest issue on the hotel premises. A pest free environment is basic for a good stay, especially since this was your first visit to our property.
I wish all hotel patrons had the initiative to contact us immediately as soon as they encounter unpleasant and unsatisfactory situations. The sooner we know about a problem, the sooner we can begin a resolution. In your case, we began procedures upon your initial notification at our front desk.
We hope you can see by our quick reaction to the problem you mentioned, that we take this issue extremely seriously. Room 202 was immediately quarantined by our staff until our contracted professional extermination company could conduct their own analysis and treatment as necessary. This task was accomplished quickly, thoroughly and completely.
I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review because your input is valuable to us. We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and only best wishes for you and your family. Please contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns at all.

James Zeigler
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just stayed overnight but was pleasantly surprised. The staff that we met were very nice and we were settled quickly. Our suite was clean and comfortable. Since I had a very early morning flight I was so happy that there were no problems with our accommodation. The hotel is very 'homey'. Parking is free and the shuttle service is also free. We were even allowed to leave our vehicle there for someone to pick up. It was great value for money and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-Airport North? Share your experiences!