“Holiday Short Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #112 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Rosedale
“Holiday Short Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Visited family for Thanksgiving holiday. Wanted to rest before joining family on Thanksgiving Eve. Microtel was recommended by my sister who stayed there in May. The furniture was old but clean and the service was wonderful which made up for furniture and limited TV channels.(I was able to watch Law and Order so I was fine.) Rested well. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel stay was arranged through a corporate travel company for a single night stay arriving late in the evening. We arrived about 10:00 pm and were informed that the hotel was overbooked and we didn't have a room. The Front desk said every hotel within the Perimeter was full. Considering we were surrounded by hotels, we didn't believe her until we started calling ourselves. During this time two other parties tried to check in and were told the same thing. We were told we could go to their sister property in Norcross as they had rooms reserved for the Perimeter overflow. Considering we had a 7:30 am meeting within walking distance from the Perimeter hotel, going to Norcross was not convenient. Did I already mention we had no rental car? We took the Marta from the airport and then walked to the hotel. There was some confusion and arguing as to how we would get to the other property and who would pay. But one of the other guests without a room offered to drive my husband and I to Norcross and drive us back in the morning since he had an early meeting as well. So we all drove out to the Norcross hotel and guess what? We were informed that not only were there no rooms available but they had been full since about 4 that afternoon. Only after an attempt at a respectful, but understandably frustrated conversation with the very rude "I hate my job so screw you" front desk person did I finally loose my temper. I hate to admit it, I know it wasn't her fault. But her entire attitude and demeanor was horrid. Terrible customer service. She made no attempt to help at all or even pretend to care. So long story short, we ended up at the Days Inn next door. The experience at both the Perimeter and Norcross Microtels were horrible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
QualityAssurance4U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I am very sorry to hear of the experience you had while here. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests even though things happen out of our control. I would love to have had the opportunity to hear from you at the time of your experience or at the very least shortly thereafter to offer some compromise and/or compensation, as this is the first time I have been informed of the situation..

Should you desire to contact me I would be happy to discuss this further with the hope of obtaining some measure of favorability and indemnify your sufferances

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center

Address: 6280 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30328
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#11 Best Value Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Atlanta
Microtel Inn And Suites Atlanta Perimeter
Microtel Atlanta
Atlanta Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.