“Very Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Winterville, NC
“Very Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this area was to stay. Close to the Marta, eating and the mall. Very nicely priced and satisfied with the room. The only complaint I had was we had to get our room key reprogrammed two times for some reason, but staff was friendly. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed here on New Years Eve. I just needed a bed and a bath. I chose this place because it was dirt cheap for Atlanta on 12/31. Hotel was clean, rooms are small, staff was nice, bed was comfortable and it was quiet. I'd stay here again but not for longer than 1 night. Breakfast was very limited: Frozen sausage and biscuits (microwavable), 1 flavor of muffin, 1 flavor of bagel, hard boiled eggs, cereal, coffee and juice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

NOT one of the best hotels in the area. This location has 4 hotels within a close perimeter (like side by side). We just wanted a place to stay near downtown ATL to watch the Peach drop for New Years. Anyways here's the scoop:

Location: Always a great location, near a lot of restaurants, interstate, malls, and shopping areas.

Price: reasonable

The Staff: did not seem happy at all. was not greeted upon entering the hotel. Basically the first attendant just asked us for our names. Did not smile, did not welcome us to the hotel, and did not event tell us about the room we were staying in. Just handed us the keys and told us the check out times. When we checked out, met another staff same predicament no greeting, just held out his hand for the hotel keys. He had a lip ring (which I think is unprofessional to have facial jewelry at work). We he answered the phone he just stated "front desk" not even the hotel name. We he handed us our receipt that was it, no "have a great day/ How was your stay?/ or come again".

The Room: the hall to the hotel had a musky, damp odor. The room was small and not what I expected. Just the basics: old box tv, small desk, microwave, bed, and bathroom. The bathroom was disgusting. The tub had hair in it and the floor of the tub was stained and still looked wet. Needless to say no shower was taken in there. The bed was adequate. Obviously no one takes time to fluff out pillows because they were balled up inside of the pillowcases.

The offered breakfast bar but we decided not to go.

OVerall, will not be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Maywood, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed for one night.

The rates were reasonable.

We had a nice room. Had a fridge and microwave . The bed was very comfortable.

Tomato Restaurant,(buffet style) was walking distance.
We ate at Chin Chin (Chinese restaurant) about 1/2 mile away in a mall. There was a Publix store in the mall for groceries and a few other restaurants.

We found the clerk lacking people skills. She was more concern with her reading.
I did not feel welcomed, but other than that the room was fine.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This hotel/inn was peaceful. The set up was great: mini living room area and then the bed, with a small fridge and microwave. The staff was pleasant. I have not gripes, complaints whatsoever. It's by a nice strip mall with a grocery store and a few eateries and the mall is just around the corner. I definitley would stay here again.

Room Tip: They don't offer a complimentary breakfast...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel 3 times during 3 consecutive weeks, for a total of 9 days. Clean, but the housekeeping is not the best. They frequently forget to replenish coffee, towels, and amenities and often fail to even bother rinsing out a used coffee pot. The front desk staff are friendly. Unfortunately, on my last night in the hotel, I was eaten alive by bed bugs -- my neck, arms, and back were covered in those tell-tale, itchy red welts in linear patterns. In my other visits, I stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors; this occurred on the 2nd floor. Management wasn't the least bit sympathetic. Needless to say, I will not stay here ever again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay off the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
QualityAssurance4U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
This is the General Manager of the Microtel Inn & Suites and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay. If you don’t mind I would like to speak with you regarding your last stay with us. I would love for you to stay at our property again so we can wow you and provide the service that you deserve. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

As I entered the door, I could feel the warmth coming through the lobby. The hotel rep. Sophia was a comfort in my time of need. I am grateful for her excellent customer service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites Atlanta/Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!