“Thanks Mr D!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park

You added Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Capitol Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30312 (Formerly Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #121 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Thanks Mr D!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Ramada this past weekend for a girl's weekend. We were rather disapointed by the walkability of the hotel (and the sketchy neighborhoods surrounding the recomended MARTA station), and the lack of hot water in our room (reported to staff twice, without any solution), however, this hotel's saving grace is Mr D. He was invaluable to our time in Atlanta. Providing us with not only a reliable shuttle, but advice on where (and where not!) to go. He always had a smile on his face and was enthusiastic to help!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Ian R, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Katie,
It’s hard to find a better representative of the Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown then Mr. D – his laugh, smile and knowledge of the city of Atlanta is invaluable. Even his shoes can be a great source of daily entertainment! I’m sorry about the water issue, I’ve asked my Chief Engineer to investigate as I hadn’t heard anything about this. We hope to see you again – come up in the summer for a Braves game.
Happy Holidays,
Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Customer Service at its best. From the beginning to the end, the staff at the Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park took care of every need we had and more. From directions over the phone, which GPS didn't cooperate with, to an easy check in, the staff was not only efficient, but truly pleasant to deal with.
Our room was exceptional! We had a gorgeous view of the city lights. Our suite was spotless and noise free.
We came to run the Atlanta Half Marathon for Thanksgiving and wanted to be close to the start/finish line. A friend had stayed here 6 or 7 times and highly recommended the location and the staff. We have to agree that the location is perfect and the staff is awesome.
We enjoyed eating in the hotel. The food was good and not overpriced. Our host/server was very pleasant and knowledgeable of the area.
We will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for the wonderful review – every day the team at the Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown strives to make all of our guest’s feel at home. Our location is excellent for the Thanksgiving Day Atlanta Half Marathon as the start/finish line is visible from the front door of the hotel. We hope you come back again soon, maybe for a Braves game or an exciting event at Phillip’s Arena – either way, we've got you covered.

Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is a waste of money and time. I stayed here last week Tuesday- Thursday, it's totally a waste of money and time. Entering the hotel there are two different signs (it's a Ramada and a Hotel Capitol). The outside is old and needs a bad coat of paint. The welcome at the desk from a black guy was one of the worst in history. After giving me the key he never stated where the elevators were non did he greet me. I had a room on the 7th floor, WOW is dated in history. Everything in the room was OLD, stained, cracked, old furniture, carpet smelled and just overall not worth the $109.00 rate offered. I would not ever in my life stay here again. Oh, the food is the worst and the bar/lounge has old smelly furniture and the staff was rude. Asked how I was paying, why does that matter. This place is just not worth anything and needs major help. Save your money and time. Also it's not close to walking into downtown Atlanta (as indicated by the GM on other comments). it rather far and not safe to walk. There is shuttle and it takes you around but not that dependable at all. At the end of this and I say save your money and time. I wished I had of spent the additional $20.00 and stayed at hotel located in downtown.
Never again

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Blake,
You’re correct – there are 2 signs on the building, the good news is not for long. The new Ramada Plaza signage will be up very soon. I’m sorry you didn’t find the accommodations to your liking. Our Sealy Emerald Plush mattresses with crisp triple sheeting and our 37” flat panel TV’s are all less than a year old. While it’s true that our case goods aren’t brand new they are certainly very functional – our photo’s on Ramada.com reflect our current room product as they were just taken in October for the brand change. The complimentary shuttle runs 16 hours a day and I can set my watch to Mr. D walking in the front doors calling out “it’s that time, it’s that time for the xxPM shuttle”. We wish you the best and I ask that the next time you find yourself having any issues, at an establishment, that you ask to speak with the GM directly to assist with immediate resolution.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here in May as a one night stop on our road trip. After driving in the car for 6 hours we were greeted by two long faces at reception. We forgot our ID before we left the hotel to go out that night and when asked if we could get it back out the security cupboard again we were met with long faces. Once we were checked in we went up to our rooms which were nice and spacious and very clean and the beds were really comfy. The bar man Julius there was lovely and once we got into the bar he ensured we had a good time. Also the minibus drivers were lovely, good fun and did all they could to ensure you got around ok.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ian R, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
IzzoBizzo,

May 2014 was a long time ago and so much has changed since you were here; the hotel is now the Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown. What hasn’t changed is our rooms continue to be large, clean and comfortable. Julius is still rocking the bar and the complimentary shuttle team remains committed to getting each guest to their destination within 3 miles of the hotel. Thank you for the review. As a seasoned traveler with contributor status on TripAdvisor your review and your opinion is taken very seriously – we’re hoping you can visit us again soon from London.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here almost two weeks ago over the weekend. I had my sleeping room almost broken into by a stranger. Reported to the front desk and their response was did the person get in. I am a women and was traveling alone. front desk did not care nor did they send security to my room. I asked for another room for my safety, front desk stated I had to pay that room in order to receive another room. worst staff and wasn't concerned of anyone safety. I will NEVER in my life book another hotel called Ramada especially one of this nature and lack of concern in Atlanta. In the part of town where this hotel is located I now understand why the staff is the way they are, it's no excuse for overall bad service. Should I comment that the room are OLD, lamp shade cracking, paint peeling, bed mattress old, stains on chair in room and over all furniture is just OLD from the 80's or something. this hotel needs an over haul. Save your money and stay downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I checked in Friday, it's not worth it. Bad service, food vad, rude staff and most of all bugs in room. My next visit I will pay the extra and stay more downtown. This place is worst than jail. Management needs to work on overall customer service.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Hello Kevin2877,
I’ve never been to jail but if I ever find myself there I can only hope that my room is as large as the ones at the Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown. In addition, I’m sure they won’t have Serta Plush mattresses and triple sheeting. I doubt that the LED 37” TV will have expanded cable and lightning fast high speed internet. As a new member, as of this week, to TripAdvisor I welcome your comments. I would like you to know that issues, of any sort, can be handled professionally and effectively in person – so the next time you find yourself travelling and you run into a problem ask for the manager and seek immediate resolution.
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here in late October and it's bad. Do not stay, not in good area and downtown is not close as they say. you can not walk anywhere but to see the Braves play. Otherwise dangerous part of town. Stay else where bad service, old rooms and dirty beds and bathroom. Three hundred dollars wasted. Never again

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Hey Vance,
While I’m not sure who “they” is, the Downtown core has always been the same walking distance from the hotel. Our location between Turner Field (where the Braves play) and the State Capitol (where the politician’s play) is very convenient, as well as a safe. Many of my guests forego the complimentary shuttle and stroll into the heart of downtown. I see that you are a new TripAdvisor member, you can always view the current hotel photo’s that show our rooms to be tastefully decorated, our beds made with crisp triple sheeting and marble throughout bath rooms. If you wouldn’t mind giving specifics and greater detail I would be most appreciative. I can be reached on my direct line at 404-591-2011
Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park

Been to Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park? Share your experiences!