“Friendly but inexperienced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta

Save Saved
You added Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta to your Saves list
Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Capitol Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30312 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Ranked #73 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
“Friendly but inexperienced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was looking forward to some southern hospitality, however while the service I received was friendly and warm, I was disappointed at standard service levels. No one at the desk could recommend a restaurant or even knew what might be close by. Service in the hotel restaurant was poor - I had soup served with a teaspoon that was already dumped into the bowl! While my room was acceptable, at least one morning, no dirty towels were replaced. The existing ones just rearranged.
It felt like the effort was there, but lack of experience and training led to inconsistencies at every turn, from pricing to food to room cleaning.

Stayed July 2014

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The best part of the stay here was the staff. They were all very friendly and accommodating, especially Janet Wright in the Grill restaurant. If you stay here, ask for her! She goes above and beyond, always greets you with a smiling face and has one of the most positive attitudes I've ever come across. After a long day of battling the crowds, she was a breath of fresh air!

• Stayed July 2014
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My family stayed at this hotel for our visit to Zoo Atlanta, Georgia Aquarium and a Braves game. The hotel itself was very nice, clean, good food, great hot breakfast buffet. The hotel provides shuttle service, which got us to the aquarium, Turner field was in view from our room, walking distance. But the best thing about this hotel is the people. I told the manager I didn't know how he got such a nice bunch of people in one place, but he'd better keep them. Every employee we came in contact with greeted us with a smile and were so friendly and helpful. I felt like we were staying with family. My next trip to Atlanta will definitely be spent at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jody H, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

While travelling to Atlanta for the Brave's game recently, I stayed at the Capital Park Hotel. Getting to the hotel an hour before the game was difficult and a lesson learn but the service at check in turn things around for us. We didn't realize how close we were to the stadium and was able to walk thus avoiding the traffic and parking fees. The manager at the desk was very helpful; not sure her name but remember it started with "C". Thanks to her and the entire team our experience was great and looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lawrence C, thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on one of our staff members. This feedback will let us know what our staff is doing right and we like to reward employees for a job well done. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forwarding to welcoming you back soon.
Beaufort, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and got a great deal on a three night stay. I was in Atlanta for a large conference and since I waited until the last minute, hotel choices in the city were limited. This hotel is within walking distance to Turner Field, which is great if you're in town for a Braves game. It's less than a 10 min walk to the stadium, super convenient! However, it's not within walking distance to other attractions or any restaurants. They do have a free shuttle service which is nice, it runs about every 30 min. If you park your car, they do charge $18/day to park at the hotel which I thought was a bit high considering the location.
The property is dated but clean, however, the AC unit in the my room was extremely noisy. I had to get out of bed to bang on it to quiet it down in order to sleep.
The back entrance to the parking lot had a sign that said "This door remains locked for security reasons. You must use your room key for entry." It was always unlocked.
There were room service dishes that remained in the hallway for 2 days!! I was grossed out every time I walked by that.
The staff was extremely friendly and it was nice to have a restaurant on site to grab breakfast.

Overall, for the price I paid I would stay here again. I wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel for $88/night. The drive to downtown to the conference center, Phillips Arena, and the aquarium was about 10 min so for that reason it was a great value to me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear threemonkeys278, thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay. Parking charges are standard for downtown Atlanta hotels. We do our best to ensure that our parking charges are listed on the websites that we manage and I apologize if that information was missed. I am sorry about the AC unit and that it was so noisy. The back entrance is open during the day, but it is locked at night, and can only be accessed through room key entry. The issues you raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel is under renovations, and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.
Schoharie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We had a wonderful experience at Hotel Capitol Park. We were in town to watch the NY Mets play the Braves. It was an easy walk to Turner Field with police directing traffic at every corner so you could cross the streets. The Hotel was accommodating with the shuttle van taking us to the World of Coca Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The drivers were great! All the staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Diane B, thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We really appreciate the kind words that you gave about Latasha and Julius, and even more thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back, the next time your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.

Been to Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta? Share your experiences!