“A fine place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
“A fine place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Overall I would consider it a good stay. However there are things that could have been better. One day I left the room late and on my return found the room not done by the housekeeping. The room design does not feel good with having the washbasin within the room. Bathroom is also a bit small. Free shuttle is a good thing as the hotel is a bit away from the convention center that I was visiting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bathroom the smallest I have ever seen (I'm a world traveler). Nice free shuttle service in area.
Nice breakfast. I would recommend this hotel because the staff was very helpful in directions to restaurants and suggestions for menu items.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt Place June 13-16. Overall I would say it was a pretty average hotel. Service: It was completely booked and they appeared to be short staffed but everyone was friendly and helpful. Great guest services. Rooms: nice layout could use some updating but the bathrooms were insanely small. If standing in the shower could touch the bathroom door easily. Gym: much room for improvement. Three machines in a very tiny hot room. Breakfast/room service: free breakfast was great also liked the fact of a 24 hr menu. Ordered late dinner one night and was plenty of food, very tasty. Overall not a bad place to stay but would have preferred something closer to the GA dome.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Although the hotel staff is very friendly, they have a thief amongst the housekeeping staff. We left our room to go sight seeing only to come back and find that the housekeeper had stolen one our drinks. She knew very well that we were coming back because our bags were still there!!! Needless to say, we will NEVER go there again. If she stole something as small as a soda,i'm sure she will steal more valuable things

• Stayed June 2013
Chattanooga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great location and very comfortable room with plenty of space. Bathroom is small but it didnt really bother us in any way. Quiet and comfortable. Staff were very friendly. Would not hesitate to stay here next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

After reading reviews after reviews I finally gave up and told my son to pick a place. I'm not a fan of Atlanta traffic and wanted a place where we just park and walk. I was shocked to see the photos and the price of this place when he showed me. So I was concerned as to what we would actually get when we arrived. This deal was too good to be true. After touring all day we arrived in the evening. We got the floor I requested and the room was beautiful. The staff was very helpful in giving us directions to a restaurant. The hotel is close to everything. We could see the aquarium from our room. We had a king room with a sitting area with a pullout sofa for my son. I loved the bed! Slept so well. The rooms really do look like the photos! We were on the top floor and I was concerned about water pressure - no problem. Folks commented the bathrooms were on the small side but didn't notice that being a problem. I'm a country girl in the big city and was a little concerned about walking around the area after reading some of the reviews. We had no problems or concerns. We watched a beautiful sunset with downtown ATL city views. Later the full moon come up and added more to the beautful night sky. The kids enjoyed a big breakfast. I thought at most we would have free cereal, donuts and coffee and was pleasantly surprised at the free, big breakfast the hotel provided. Free Wifi was another plus. It was Memorial Day weekend and busy but it was very quiet. I was really pleased with our hotel. I loved the price too! Staying downtown can be expensive and this place was everything I had hoped for in keeping costs to the minimum while enjoying a little R&R.

Room Tip: The top floor had a beautiful view of the Atlanta.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights and 6 lovely days. This place wasn't what I expected. The outside isn't extravagant but the inside is very nice and neat. The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint was the small bathroom. It did have a shower/tub combo, but the toilet was so close to the tub that you had to practically step in the tub to close the door behind you. It was peaceful and relaxing. The free shuttle was a blessing also. I didn't have to walk if I didn't want to. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel doesn't have a swimming pool so don't bring your swimming suit unless you plan to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Downtown? Share your experiences!