“Hotel okay” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Marys, Georgia
“Hotel okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my first time going to downtown Atlanta. The agency I worked for recommended this hotel. Overall the hotel was clean, my room was large, and the staff was wonderful. Really nice people. On the downside, the bathroom was so small, I have never seen a bathroom only big enough for the tub, toilet and enough room for the door to open. The shower/tub was rusting where the handicap bar was on the wall, when you stepped into the tub the bottom of it would pop and give way and I felt as if it would break through at at any moment. The glass above the tub was broken and you could see out of it where a small chunk of glass was missing. On the outside, the hotel is in downtown Atlanta so you have the homeless folks around. They even have razor wire around part of their parking area to keep people out. A couple of the people that was there got bothered by the homeless folks asking for money. I will not be staying at this hotel again because of the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mountain Brook, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean, regular room. Perfect price and place to stay for football games .
Standard room. Nicely appointed furniture and high speed Internet. Breakfast limited but served its purpose. Car was safely parked and fee wasn't too high

• Stayed February 2012
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Words cant explain the good time I had>I wanna thank Andrea and Dashawnna both front desk agents for making my stay extra special,they were both so helping and willing to go over and beyond to assist you in any way possible!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I originally chose this place based on all the great reviews from others who said the restaurant next door, Max Lagers was great. I'm happy to say we made the right choice to stay at the Hyatt Place. We didn't rent a car since most of the attractions we wanted to visit were in walking distance. The train is also not far. The Peachtree station is a less than 10 minute walk. I was truly impressed with the train system in Atlanta, coming from NY its hard to compare the train system with New York's. It was clean and easy to use and for the most part all the attractions were in walking distance from the train. The Hotel is very clean and the service was great. They were very kind and since our flight was later in the afternoon, we asked if we could leave our luggage while we did some shopping and they were more than happy to help. We were on the 10th floor and had a nice view of the park right across the street from the hotel. I felt safe once we were in the hotel, yet we did see a lot of homeless men, since there is shelter about 15 minutes away from the Hyatt. We didn't feel threating in any way and in fact they were very polite, but it was annoying after a while being asked for money. Not what I look forward to on vacation. The area is somewhat desolate which we are not used to since NY is soo packed all the time. At Max Lager's the food is delish. Please try their lamb Sliders! They were amazing. They also sell Microbeers which my husband and I love. We enjoyed the Max Red Beer. Overall, I would recommend staying at the hotel, if you are staying a couple of days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We got room 410-It's was a very nice one! clean and large (2 adults, 2 kinds+ one infant).
The staff were very friendly, except for one awful lady how works at the food area that basically took my appetite away. I didn't like the fact that they are rolling back all the food on 9:30am- sharp! No matter what!
Location-it's relatively close to all major sites in downtown Atlanta-even with kids! The problem with the hotel's location is its proximity to the homeless shelter. I wouldn't recommend any women (and even men) to walk alone at this area, especially at night. Supermarket can be found around a mile from there.
Price- for its location and the fact the room was large and clean+ breakfast it was really good ! Less than any other hotel at that level around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The property is just on the northern edge of downtown. Homeless people abound. I would question safety for single women, or anyone for that matter. The homeless are plentiful outside the hotel, and aggressive.

Furthermore, the gate to 'secure' the hotel...is broken. Apparently, it has been for some time. :(

The lobby is nice. The staff was SO FRIENDLY and warm. They get an A+ here...

Unfortunately, the rooms are smaller than the average Hyatt Place. The bathroom is ridiculously small. Wow.

A bit of a funky property. :) Not awful, but certainly not great.

I love the Hyatt Place Brand. This one just doesn't seem to meet their typical standards. :)

Room Tip: Not sure. I was on the 10th floor (top). Maybe there are larger rooms/bathrooms somewhere on the p...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here only one night, but I thought the hotel was very nice and the staff was exceptional. Here's the good. The hotel is convenient to the Interstate system, downtown and the entire western half of Atlanta. The rooms are very nice. I was very impressed with the comfort of the bed, the size of the room, the cleanliness and the amenities, like a sofa and large television. There's a great restaurant next door - Max Lager's - that I highly recommend. Wood-fired grill with good steaks and micro-brewed beer.

What's bad? Not much. It's a little difficult to find. I drove by on the first approach and had to circle around. The neighborhood isn't the best, so park in the enclosed, secure parking.

That said, I would gladly stay here again and recommend it to others. You can do much, much worse in the downtown Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Eat at Max Lager's next door. Good food and drink.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Downtown? Share your experiences!