We were recently in town and decided to try the Westin after staying at other nearby hotels previously. This hotel was well located for us and is in a well known office park. They offer both valet and self parking (and many of the self parking spaces are also covered).
The prices during our visit were attractive and we are glad that we gave it a shot. We were greeted nicely upon our arrival. The front desk was very friendly and helpful as was most of the staff. The rooms too were nicely appointed and the bed & pillows were comfortable. They also had a nice rainfall shower head. One problem for us was that there were no real suite options with a second bed other than a pull out couch or roll away which may impact our decision to return if we come back with the family (as we may need two rooms).
We did have several issues during the stay:
- It took several hours and two calls to make our room feather free and get foam pillows.
- they didn't seem to stock the club room on the 1st floor as the refrigerator was about empty twice when we stopped in there.
- It would be nice if they had more options to order for breakfast if you have a breakfast package included with your room. They had 2 options and we would have preferred to order something else up to the same dollar amount.
- nice bar area with TV's although the drinks were small and expensive.
- they still have some work to do with their renovations and need to pay more attention to the details. We noticed molding falling off/coming apart in the elevators and issues with the carpeting.
- our TV kept going in and out but we tightened the cable in the back and fixed it ourselves.
We recently checked the rates for an upcoming trip and noticed that they went up considerably. Therefore we may not stay there again this next visit however we will certainly keep checking as we liked the hotel and are members of the STG program.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North is situated on a private lake and is the premier choice when searching for hotels near Atlanta. Our hotel is conveniently located less than 2 miles from the Perimeter Mall and just 30 minutes from downtown Atlanta, the Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta's retail and entertainment district - Atlantic Station, and many other things to do in Sandy Springs area. We're a welcome retreat whether you're traveling for business or leisure. The hotel features a new Southern influenced farm-to-table restaurant, Savor Bar & Kitchen, featuring the flavors from the Low Country, Bayou and the Gulf. The most recent transformational renovation of the hotel was completed in September of 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Starwood so you can book your The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Atlanta North At Perimeter Hotel Atlanta
- Westin Atlanta North
- Atlanta Westin