“Overall good property & stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

You added The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North to your Saves list
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Concourse Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Perimeter Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #85 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Overall good property & stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were recently in town and decided to try the Westin after staying at other nearby hotels previously. This hotel was well located for us and is in a well known office park. They offer both valet and self parking (and many of the self parking spaces are also covered).

The prices during our visit were attractive and we are glad that we gave it a shot. We were greeted nicely upon our arrival. The front desk was very friendly and helpful as was most of the staff. The rooms too were nicely appointed and the bed & pillows were comfortable. They also had a nice rainfall shower head. One problem for us was that there were no real suite options with a second bed other than a pull out couch or roll away which may impact our decision to return if we come back with the family (as we may need two rooms).

We did have several issues during the stay:
- It took several hours and two calls to make our room feather free and get foam pillows.
- they didn't seem to stock the club room on the 1st floor as the refrigerator was about empty twice when we stopped in there.
- It would be nice if they had more options to order for breakfast if you have a breakfast package included with your room. They had 2 options and we would have preferred to order something else up to the same dollar amount.
- nice bar area with TV's although the drinks were small and expensive.
- they still have some work to do with their renovations and need to pay more attention to the details. We noticed molding falling off/coming apart in the elevators and issues with the carpeting.
- our TV kept going in and out but we tightened the cable in the back and fixed it ourselves.

We recently checked the rates for an upcoming trip and noticed that they went up considerably. Therefore we may not stay there again this next visit however we will certainly keep checking as we liked the hotel and are members of the STG program.

Green Features: They had a recycling garbage can in the rooms and gave you the option to not have your room cleaned or towels changed.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Modern, clean with nice comfortable rooms. Very nice staff and a huge fitness facility. Beautiful surroundings with a little lake and a nice staff. Nothing to write home about but for you Tripadvisor followers - it's a decent option in the Perimeter area

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ABD119,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your short review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, the location, hotel & great staff. Our best wishes for continued safe travels.
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm not sure what level of excellence some of these folks leaving negative reviews expect for this property, but they must be royalty or something because this is the best overall hotel experience we've ever had. Let me preface my review by saying that we were here over the weekend, so I know it's a completely different environment during the business week. However that's one of the reasons we always stay in the Perimeter area when we visit Atlanta on weekends because of the great hotels and restaraunts in the neighborhood that aren't as crowded as they usually are during the week (So there's a general tip for any weekend trip to Atlanta for you). From the moment we walked in we were greeted by every employee we passed. We were quickly checked in by Ingrid who was very tentative (& gourgeous BTW) and explained everything we needed to know. The room was beautifully appointed with excellent detail and the beds were very comfortable. The entire facility was absolutely a 4.5 star with walkways around the lakefront and throughout the adjoining areas, a beautiful lobby area, and a large choice of amenities. We didn't try the restaraunt while we were there so I can't comment on that except that it looked great. Here are 2 examples of the detail and service that impressed me the most. Ingrid let us know that we could use the Athletic Club next door for a fee, but that we should take a look at their on-site gym first because of how nice it is. And boy was she right! We belong to the nicest fitness club in Augusta and the hotel's gym has the exact Life Fitness weight station and cardio equipment that we use back home. That was a nice surprise especially with the professional grade rubberized dumb bell set, the large assortment of towels, and even refrigerated moist hand towels to cool off with. I enjoyed being in there so much that my wife had a hard time getting me back up to the room. The other pleasant interaction I had was when I used the business center, which actually gives you a choice of a Windows or an Apple machine. I was trying to print out some documents late Saturday night and was having trouble. One of the guys up front, Gerald, tried to help but when it was taking too long he just let me use their computer and laser printer at their own work station to get what I needed. He was a very nice guy and went out of his way to help which I greatly appreciated. I usually don't write this much in my other reviews but I just wanted to make sure that The Westin at Perimeter North gets the accolades that it and its management and employees deserve. We will definitely be staying with them for years to come and I highly recommend them to anyone staying in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are awesome
Green Features: I don't pay much attention to enviromentally-friendly practices and I doubt many people do when rating a hotel so that seems like an out of context question (hint hint TA)
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Chuck30813,
Our amazing Team & I are delighted with your review and your recent above & beyond experience. Our location & hotel are very conducive for both business and leisure travel. We appreciate the recognition and all the descriptions you provided of the services and building features. They are all spot-on and I am thrilled we delivered on our promise and your expectations.
I hope we will see you soon for a return visit .
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past before the upgrades. The upgrades are nice. The bar is downstairs now with seating and tvs everywhere. I don't like that you can't people watch very well down there. We hung out up stairs where there is seating and tvs by the check in counter. There are tables there as well so that you can enjoy the tvs and drinks. The rooms have new furnishings as well. I am a gold member with SPG and when I checked in they didn't have any king beds as I requested so they upgraded me to a junior suite on the corner. This room was very spacious and clean. Will be staying here again. I also left something in the room and the girl up front went out of her way and got it back for me as well. Great customer service.

Room Tip: higher rooms; junior suite
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Drewbreez,
Thank you for your review, your loyalty to our brand & hotel and your recent return visits. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our complete renovation & transformation, the spacious room, lobby and restaurant. We are thrilled with the results and it appears you as well.
We look forward to continued future visits.
Martin
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm a Starwood Platinum business traveler. I travel into Atlanta every 3 weeks or so for a few nights. I've stayed here at least a dozen times and seen dramatic improvements. For me this property can't be beat. Convenient location, great rates, newly renovated top to bottom, clean comfortable rooms with the Westin Heavenly Bed, free parking, club level with free breakfast, free access to a real health club adjacent to the hotel, hotel restaurant is a great choice when you don't want to go out, super friendly & service oriented staff. Very consistent. A great value. To get more, you'd need to pay allot more per night and I'd lose all the free stuff which I love. So if there is something they missed in the renovation, a bit a frayed carpet or a worn night stand, I don't stress it. It's till a great overall place and value for me.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Wnt2GoHme,
Thank you so very much for your loyalty to the Brand and our property combined with this awesome review. The recognition all-around is truly appreciated. I am thrilled you have noticed the dramatic improvements in product, service and restaurant.
We hope to see you back soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was certainly the best deal of any hotel I have ever stayed at. I got a special deal on a 3rd party site for around $60 per night and was wowwed at what I received for the price. The property itself has been totally remodeled very tastefully and is just gorgeous. I dont normally stay in remodeled properties but they did a beautiful job. The staff was SUPER friendly and very helpful. I have no complaints about this property at all. The location is super nice and convenient as well and I would certainly stay here again in a heartbeat. Great part of atlanta and close to so many great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Vin_Lincoln,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us. I appreciate the recognition of our product quality & design, our friendly staff, the convenient location and your recommendation.
We look forward to your future visits.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was looking forward to staying there again especially since my first stay in February 2015 went so well. First I must say the hotel front desk staff were always polite and courteous. The following are a few things I noticed: The carpet in the hallway needs some attention from housekeeping it's not something you'd expect to find at this star level, front entrance door lock triggers the security latch when existing the room, the refrigerator compressor unusually loud, room safe doesn't work, bathroom has a musty odor and the shower wall tiles appears to have mold and mildew and could use a good scrubbing. In fairness to the hotel management I did not share this with them during my stay but hope they will address the issues soon. I also should have asked them if this should be expected for rooms purchased on Priceline.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear BVG_beantown,
Thank you for sharing your comments and for recognizing our great Front Desk staff.
I have forwarded your observations to the appropriate team members and I am very sorry that our delivery was not as crisp compared to your last visit. I wish we would have known as all opportunities were minor and easily correctable. Either way we should have done a better job.
I hope to see you soon again for a return visit and an opportunity to regain your full confidence.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager

Been to The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North? Share your experiences!