“Mixed Feelings About This Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

You added The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North to your Saves list
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Concourse Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Perimeter Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #95 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Georgia
“Mixed Feelings About This Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stay in Atlanta about once a month for a getaway. This was our first experience at a Westin hotel or any hotel in the Starwood Hotel group.

We got a deal on the hotel's website for a one bedroom suite on a Saturday night that included wifi and breakfast. Wifi was fast and reliable. We didn't use the breakfast coupons because we checked out early.

Pros -

Property
The property is beautiful. Located in the city where you can see the lights of the city at night, yet surrounded by trees and a small lake which make you feel like you are far away from the actual city. The hotel itself is beautiful as well. Nice furnishings an elegance/contemporary feel throughout the hotel. We loved the mix of wood with silver metals, we really felt relaxed.

The Room
The suite was spacious with a huge living/dining room area (the bathroom was a little small for such a large living area)

We ordered food service for dinner and the food was great. We had the buffalo wings (great flavor and the blue cheese dressing was great, not overpowering, just perfect), chicken quesadillas, and asparagus (a little overcooked, limp)

Customer Service
There was an incident at the hotel which was out of the hotel's control and everyone working at the hotel took great stride in making sure that everyone affected were treated properly and in a timely manner. There could not have been better customer service during this time. Very professional, compassionate and really impressed with management and checkin/out staff on December 20th.

Cons -

The Room
While the room was large and spacious, just what we wanted for an anniversary weekend, there were a few problems inside the room. The room seemed clean overall, until you stepped into the bathroom. For a nice hotel such as this, the bathroom was a let down. Not only is it small, it was very dirty. Broken tile in the shower, hair from someone else still in the shower when we arrived (we didn't complain, just cleaned it ourselves before we showered), dirty shower walls and floor and after we took a shower, we noticed blood on the wall beside the sink. Not only was it on the wall, blood appeared to be on the floor on the grout of the tile and on the tile outside the shower base that someone didn't clean well. This was bad. Someone (presumably housekeeping) had obviously cleaned the area and should have noticed the rest of the blood in this bathroom. We didn't complain because our night was cut short by an emergency at the hotel, but housekeeping really needs to pay attention to these things, especially when you have a white floor. Everything shows!!!

NOISE
During the week, this is a business hotel and may be quieter during the week as many have noted in their reviews. But since we were there on a weekend, there was a lot of noise. There was a charity event in the lower level and we were on the 8th floor, so we didn't hear the noise directly from the party. Instead we heard noise through the air ducts from either the floor above or below us. It was a full on party. You could hear 10-12 different voices, laughing music, screaming. We even had the TV up and you could still hear it. We did call downstairs and 10 minutes later the noise stopped, so we assumed security handled the problem.

Since there was an event in the lower level, many of their attendees were staying at the hotel overnight and there was a lot of noise in the hallways as well. A lot of people drinking and having a great time, which is GREAT unless you are at hotel trying to enjoy a romantic night away for your anniversary, then it's a little disappointing. Many others have complained about the noise on the weekends, so maybe it's just the way it is at this hotel on the weekends.

Food Service
While the food was great - they did forget our asparagus and had to bring it up 5 minutes later after a call was made to the lobby. While this is a quick fix, we only ordered three items and one of the three items was missing. Not a big deal, but something that we feel shouldn't have happened.

Overall
Beautiful hotel and property, great customer service. We might try this hotel again if we are in town during the week, but we aren't sure if we would enjoy a weekend away at this particular hotel if we are looking for a relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: One Bedrooms suite was very spacious and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear akerr8787,

I can't thank you enough for your extremely thorough and fair review of your experience this past weekend. I am thrilled about the recognition of our team, the great customer service, location, design,room and very important to me personally; how the emergency was handled.
Your constructive comments have been reviewed with our team and we appreciate your precise feedback. Please accept my personal apologies for the items we could have done better. In regards to this past weekend's activities, it was indeed the busiest weekend of the season with the largest charity fundraiser of its kind in the City of Atlanta taking place. We are proud to support this cause, but understand that it might have been overpowering to others. I would highly encourage you to experience the hotel under different circumstances and I am convinced that you will review the hotel at the full 5 stars then.

Thank you so very much for staying with us and for taking the time to review the property.
I trust we will see you in the future when your travels take you back to Atlanta.
Stay well and best wishes for a great Holiday Season.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here on a weekend. We were quickly checked in and upgraded to a suite. It was a busy weekend with three events going on, but everyone was very friendly from the reception to the valet. The room was nice with a great view of the king & queen buildings. The bed was fabulous as always. Linens were clean. It would be a nice touch to have a throw on the couch. I was a bit disappointed there was no dinnerware in the room. Room service brought up wine glasses quickly on request. My only real complaint was that we had requested late checkout and also put the do not disturb placard on the door yet cleaning still knocked on the door waking us up. Other than that, great stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim R.

Thank you for your review and recognition of our staff, especially at the Front Desk and Valet. We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and we are thrilled you had a pleasant stay. Please accept my apologies though for the early knock on the door. This should not have happened. Your comments were reviewed with our team.
I am glad however that we were able to upgrade you to a suite and that you enjoyed your overall stay. I trust we will see you soon for a return visit.
Stay well and best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I think this was my first stay at Westin. Things have not changed and that is good. Rooms were good size and clean. Bathroom was spotless. Wifi kicked butt in a good way. Hotel gym options are good. Good access to highway. Mall and grocery stores within 3-5 drive. Hotel is set in wooded office park. Very nice overall.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear LeroyK,
We appreciate your comments and are thrilled we were able to create great memories.
Thank you for staying with us again. We hope to see you soon again.
Best wishes for a great Holiday Season.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Trendy hotel in north Atlanta, a little hard to find at nighttime.
Check in was fast. I had a simple and fairly large room. The bathroom was great.
There is a nice gym, great treadmill! There is a charge for wifi... I do not understand about this... The $99 hotel will give you free Wi-Fi but not the more expensive ones...
We had a business meeting there and everything went great!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lucybelle1,

We always appreciate the reviews from a Top Contributor, so thank you once again for taking the time and for your feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel, the check-in, the room, the bathroom, the WestinWorkOut and especially that you had a great business meeting at the property.
I trust the next time you travel from Tampa our way that you would consider staying once again. See you soon and best wishes for a great Holiday Season.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in this hotel 3 months ago with my 3 year old daughter and mom , Firstly , important call needed to be made to Europe upon arrival , went down to reception, 3 hours later, still no phone and maintenance man was sent to wrong room 3 times . Second night , Wedding in the hotel, people next door came back to the room at around midnight and at 2am , Room service starting banging loud on our door, waking me and my mom. Then they proceeded to Call the phone in the room, which almost woke the 3 year old. I quickly went to the door and said it wasnt for us. No sorry, nothing. It was for our neighbours, and after their snack, they proceeded to what i can only put in a nice way, very loud adult activities , from 3am all the way till 7am, we eventutally feeing the room with 3 year told that was starting to ask questions. Numberous complaints to front desk, did nothing.. no sorry at checkout either, we then proceeded to the airport , completely sleep deprived for a 20 hour in total , one stop over to Amsterdam. Thank you Westin! Back home, complained to hotel for a refund, as we stayed 2 nights , and one was a complete disaster which resulted in a disaster flight home , the least they could was offer a full refund.. well folks.. after being bounced between hotel and head office for 3/4 months now, dont bother.. first they promise you rewards... ( why i dont know as we will never return.. then they promise one night refund... well ofcourse one night, i paid to sleep in your hotel and that didnt happen , but no compensation , many emails , many promises , nothing NADA . I have nothing to loose writing this truthful review as i never am going to see my refund anyway. Please be warned! This is a adult hotel! aka brothel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Vlietman,

Thank you sincerely for your posting.........hartelijk dank!
Please accept once again our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience during your 2 day stay at the end of September. I assure you that after you received a previous apology letter from our Manager on Duty, that arrangements were made with your third party booking agent to refund you, as the reservation & payment was not made through our reservations channels.
We will once again follow up with them to ensure that this transaction does take place and to ensure your satisfaction. I am extremely sorry for the situation and totally understand your frustration having to travel to Holland unrested, as I have done so myself many times myself with young children.
Even though it is unlikely that you will travel to our destination again in the near future, I do want to assure you that we have a zero-tolerance policy as it relates to disturbances and interfering with other guests' comfort, specifically after hours. While I agree & understand your concerns that we could have taken swifter action, I do take strong issue with the description of the hotel being a weekend adult hotel or brothel, which is certainly not the case.
Thank you again for bringing the opportunities to our attention. I assure you we will close this in short order.
Stay well and best wishes for a great holiday season.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my second trip to the Westin Atlanta Perimeter North. The first was in 2011. I was pleasantly surprised to see many improvements in the hotel on this trip. The hotel underwent a fairly extensive renovation in the lobby and dining areas, as well all the guest rooms and halls. The hotel has a more up-to-date look and feel. There is a well-equipped business center in the lobby as well as some space for guests to hang out, mingle, etc. I was disappointed that the very nice bar that was previously located in the lobby has been moved to inside the restaurant downstairs. (I didn't make use of the bar or the restaurant on this trip.) Personnel at the front desk were friendly and efficient. I tried to check in when arrived in Atlanta at 12:30 p.m., but found that my room would not be available until 3 p.m. However, the front desk representative did a pre-check in for me so I would only have to stop to get my keys at 3 p.m. That worked very well.

The Internet was an issue as it almost always is in hotels. Wi-Fi is usually my most consistent gripe with hotels. Generally speaking, you can get incredibly good Wi-Fi in your home for $70 a month. The Westin charged $12.95 per day, which equals about $390 per month. For that rate, the service should be FLAWLESS. It was not. I was in the hotel for three days and subscribed to the Internet for only one 24-hour period because it was so bad. When I mentioned upon check out that I had problems with the Internet, the representative just shrugged, apologized and charged me $12.95 plus tax anyway.

Parking seemed to be an issue at the hotel. In addition to guest rooms, there is a good bit of meeting and event space on the property. I had to park my car in a garage next to the free guest parking when I came in at 8:30 pm on a Thursday night because there was a large event taking place. I had no problem with this as the garage was actually more convenient to the hotel than the guest parking and they had opened it for free. However, I was warned that I would have to remove my car ASAP the next morning or they would start charging me to park there. I don't think that was a particularly good way to treat guests.

My room was on 1705 and looked out on a small pond and other buildings in the office park where the Westin is located. It was very comfortable and relatively clean. I liked that the room had a walk-in shower rather than a tub/shower combination. (NOTE: I had requested a walk-in shower and that request was cheerfully accommodated.) Because I was up fairly early every day and out of my room until late afternoon or early evening, I experienced few problems with housekeeping, with the notable exception of a towel that looked dirty when I opened it.

The hotel is located near two MARTA train stations. There is are a lot of dining and shopping venues very nearby. The hotel has a shuttle that will drop you off in the area and pick you up when you call them to come back...a very nice touch for people without cars.

My stay at this property was booked through Hotwire, so I had no idea what I was getting until I paid the $72/night for the booking. For that much money, the hotel was an extremely good value.

I would stay at the Westin Atlanta Perimeter North again, especially for the rate I got on this trip.

Room Tip: The hotel staff was very accommodating of requests at check-in. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for w...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear MarComTraveler,
Thank you for recognizing our staff and for taking the time to review the property. We highly appreciate the feedback and I have shared your extensive review with our entire team. I am very sorry that you experienced some inconsistencies throughout your stay but I am glad you recognized our recent extensive renovations. While the previous upstairs bar was very popular it is obvious to us that after a few months open, our new Savor bar & kitchen concept downstairs was the right decision. I encourage you to visit it during your next visit.
We hope to see you for another visit in the future.
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here on a Saturday night. I thought our room was very clean which is my chief concern. I was on 14th floor in room closest to elevator ( probably because I paid half the rate by going through Priceline) and you could hear the elevators operating. For me it was not a big deal because it was not loud and I did not find it unpleasant. It was almost like background noise, very low rumbling sound but did not bother me. Anyway just be aware, I think my room # was 1403. The water pressure was not great, way too weak for that waterfall type shower head but we were able to rig the detachable wand type head so it would function as a regular shower head and it was pretty good pressure that way for a hotel. I have had better "dream beds" but we had 2 beds and one was more comfy than the other. Still better than the average hotel beds. Did not eat there. I did not have much contact with the staff but they were always smiling and said hello. The common areas looked very clean. I would stay here again for the rate I got.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, providing us with your feedback and for staying with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay overall and will consider to return, should your travels bring you this way again. I have shared your positive housekeeping & cleanliness comments with our team. We will also have a look into our elevator noise and see how we can minimize it even more. See you soon.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager

Been to The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North? Share your experiences!