I booked a conferece for this location because they gave us a GREAT price. There are 2 Marriott Properties right across the street from one another. The JW Marriott is decidedly more upscale but the rooms seemed small in the pictures. I LOVE a spacious hotel rooms and so I opted for the conference center.
The lobby was beautiful. Check in was smooth. The staff was attentive and helpful with anything I could think of. I work in NYC so the Atlanta hospitality was a bit disarming. All that "how are you" and mindless chit chat certainly takes some getting used to, but i'm willing to go with the flow.
When I asked if there was a Target near by the bellmen grabbed his keys and drove me there. (It was only 2 blocks away). Now that's service! It probably didn't hurt that i'm a cute middle ages woman and he was an attractive middle aged man. Later he offered to drive me across the street to the mall. The idea seemed ridiculous until I realized that this is NOT a walkers city. Driving across the street is probably the best way to stay alive when visiting this location.
I stayed on the 8th floor where the concierge lounge is located. The concierge lounge had snacks and drinks available at all hours of the day and night. I particularly enjoyed the late night appetizers and dessert. Not having to fight the crowd in the main dining room for breakfast was also a treat.
Now for the things I didn't really like:
My room was fine. Not great, but fine. I had a concrete balcony that looked like something out of a prison movie. When I entered the room all of the lights and the tv where on. I thought i'd gone into the wrong room and called out "hello" to make sure that no killers where hiding out of sight. I turned off all the lights and the tv to begin to unpack. Later when I went to turn the tv back on it wouldn't come on. I called the front desk for help and the phone rang and rang. Eventually someone picked up and promised to help someone right away.
Half an hour later someone showed up to fix the tv. By that time I got it to work. The next time I turned it off and back on the picture came on but no sound.
Co workers of mine told me that they had similar problems with their tv's. There was a short power outtage during our stay. The power was out for maybe 10 seconds. For several of my co-workers the tv was out for the rest of the night.
The bathroom was clean but the shower head leaked and sprayed water all over the entire bathroom.
The bed was VERY soft [not in a good way] and squeeked every time I turned over.
There were very loud people in the hallway pretty late at night. Just as I was about to call the front desk they seemed to quiet down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center is located in the heart of Buckhead, the shopping, dining and entertainment district of Atlanta, walking distance to Lenox Square Mall, Phipps Plaza and MARTA- Lenox Station. The Atlanta Buckhead Hotel just completed a multimillion dollar renovation, offering upscale amenities. Enjoy fine dining in our signature restaurant, Shula's 347 Grill and the latest sporting events in Shula's 347 Lounge. The hotel has covered self parking and valet parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Atlanta