“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3405 Lenox Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #81 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I agree that it would be nice for Elite members to have free parking. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and there were extra pillows and towels as requested. We had no problem with noise on a Friday night.
The banana and pretzels and small bottle of wine was inadequate for 4 people but an appreciated gesture just the same. The hotel shuttle took us across Peachtree Rd
to Phipps Plaza for shopping and dinner. That was a very appreciated amenity. There was some confusion as to whether the free breakfast was only available to the Elite member or all people (4 total) staying in the room. The dining room finally honored breakfast for all 4.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

This refurbished/rebranded hotel is now a Marriott but was at one time a Sheraton. The hotel itself looks very nice. The lobby is trendy, with a Shula's 347 restaurant. The hotel is in an excellent location, across the street from Lenox Square and a short walk to Phipps. Access to GA 400 and I-85 is easy as well.

Check-in went ok. The staff person was a little snobbish. This hotel offers none of the perks to its Elite Marriott Rewards members that most Marriott properties do (i.e. free parking, free internet, bonus points, etc). They said it was their policy not to give free parking until one has stayed over 400 nights at their individual hotel. Yes, 400 nights, they really said that.

The rooms are decorated well and clean. The beds were comfortable. What you won't realize right away is that these rooms are VERY, VERY loud. Like someone else mentioned, anytime someone talks, showers, uses the restroom, etc, you will know about it. We had some obnoxious neighbors who came stumbling in around 3am and thought it would be fun to yell at each other down the halls. I called the front desk and security was sent immediately threatening to remove the guests from the property. Staff handled this very well, and we did not hear from them again. The only bad thing is that we heard the early risers as well. It is just a loud, older hotel.

We had reserved two nights, but ended up only staying one, and moved over to the JW Marriott across the street. It is worth noting that the front desk staff to whom we voiced our concerns to the next morning were very helpful, apologetic, and accomodating.

Marriott needs to have a chat with this franchise on the way they treat their elite members. We pass over a lot of other hotel brands to stay with you, a little bit of appreciation in return is not asking much. Im sure management will respond, but since this seems to be a reoccuring problem according to reviews here, it seems that you're not getting it.

Overall, I would advise picking another hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Booked through Expedia for a great rate of $99/night (Fri & Sat). Perfect location, extremely fast check-in/check-out, parking deck included, very nice rooms. Originally booked 2 queen bed room, but was asked if I preferred a king room instead which was really nice. Lovely decor, comfy bed, very clean.

Down side: Got ZERO sleep due to noise (normally very heavy sleepers). For the 8 units above, below and on either side of your room, you can hear every door SLAM (expect incosiderate guests throughout the night), every toilet flush, every conversation your neighbor (or the people down the hall) is having, every shower being taken in the room above you. The walls are PAPER THIN - BRING EAR PLUGS. Due to the fact the hotel is in a trendy area people are up all night long, coming in from evenings out at all hours. The last time I looked at the clock it was 4:47am the following morning on our first night. Second night was wakened out of a dead sleep at 3am due to 5 drunks in the jacuzzi at the pool. We were on the 6th floor of an 8 floor building, and the pool area was off to the left of us (not directly below). I will say security/management responded quickly when I called down to the front desk to inform them of the party at the pool at 3am, but then heard security/management pounding on a door a few rooms down about 30 minute later threatening to kick the guests out due to numerous noise complaints.

Another con: It was prom night in Buckhead and a prom was being held at the hotel. No issues with the kids, however there were ZERO parking spaces when we returned to the hotel after dinner at 9pm. This could also become a problem due to the trendy restuarant in the lower level of the hotel. Was luckily able to park in a valet spot after speaking with a manager.

Overall beautiful hotel, friendly/responsive staff; however, will not stay again. Way way WAY too noisy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
I want to apologize for the lack of sleep during your visit to our hotel. Our team works hard to insure all guest have a great experience, and when they do not, we take the necessary steps to make sure your inconveniences are fixed. We have now added additional security to the hotel to help eliminate the late night noise and we are also looking at fixing the loud door closing.

I am glad that you did have a great experience with our staff and I hope that you come back and visit us again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I just used this hotel to host all the wedding guests for our large wedding. I was so impressed with everything about the hotel and its staff! The hotel is gorgeous- newly remodeled- with really nice amenities for a great price. The location was great- an easy walk from Marta and with the hotel's free shuttle, my guests didn't have to rent cars. Most importantly, the staff made all my guests feel very welcome, and took care of all the little extras, such as calling my guests who had already checked in to let them know that their gift bags were now available. Casie did a fantastic job managing all the group details such as our hospitality suite and reservation changes- she made my job hosting all these people SO much easier, and she was awesome to work with! I couldn't be any happier with this hotel and its wonderful staff!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments. I was able to share them will all of our team members who were very appreciative of your accolades. I hope that you come back and visit us again in the near future.
Atlanta, GA USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

From check-in to check-out, nothing but problems. First of all, the employee who checked me in was unaware of unwilling to acknowledge my Marriott Gold status - advising me incorrectly of member benefits. After being given a lecture as to how to use the parking facilities, he failed to activate my room key cards for the parking deck, causing me to be stuck at the exit with lines of cars blowing their horns behind me. This happened repeatedly with other guests who were unable to exit the parking lot - cause lines and delays. Only when a Marriott employee happens to pull in to valet a vehicle is anyone at Marriott aware of the issue. The excuse I got from management is that the parking lot is not Marriott-owned - but that a parking management company controls the lot. If Marriott is sending their guests to this parking deck, then they should have some control over the facility as to not inconvenience guests.

I called down for the room to be serviced at 3:30 PM one afternoon by using the "At Your Service" button. In addition, when I left the room I personally spoke to the housekeeping attendant with her cart across the hall and told her I was leaving the room for a couple of hours and requested service. When I returned at 7:00 PM - you guessed it - nothing had been done. Dirty towels piled on the floor in the foyer and the trash cans full. Again, nothing but hollow excuses from management and an apology.

This is a franchised hotel - while it has the appearance of a Marriott - in reality it is not. Even the email addresses of managers I communicated with are not Marriott email addresses. Obviously, there is a huge lack of training and pervasive unfamiliarity with Marriott benefits and standards at this property.

The location is terrific if you are utilizing the many shopping, restaurant, and other facilities of this nature in the area. However, do not plan to enjoy the hotel as one would expect from a typical Marriott. I have stayed over 400 nights worldwide in Marriotts, and unfortunately this supposed renovated superior property is one of the worst for level of service and staff competency I have every encountered.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
The hotel would like to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott being a Gold Member. As a member of the Marriott family, we have put our team through extensive Marriott Corporate Training to insure all guest receive Marriott's level of service. I do apologize for the lapses that occurred during your stay. We will use your comments to help better train our team to insure your next experience with our hotel lives up to your expectations. I will also speak with our parking company to make sure that all of our equipment is working to avoid any further inconveniences.

Thanks you again for choosing the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel and we hope that you consider us in future travel plans.
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

From the start, I knew I was going to have a great stay. I took the Metro that is approximately one block away, as I was walking towards the hotel the bellman ran quickly and helped me with my luggage. Front Desk Agent, was friendly, she asked if It was my first time staying at the hotel, and yes it was my first time. She immediately pointed out local restaurants and shopping places and gave me all the information and location of the conference room. Later on I went back to front desk and asked where the bussiness center was..I found it instructions were very clear. When I got back to my room the front desk agent called to make sure that I found the business center. I really liked that she followed up with me. I truly felt pampered and taken care of.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This hotel is very lovely. I was there in February of this year & I thought it was spectacular. I will definitely stay there again & tell others visiting ATL all about it. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!