“Awesome place to stay with fantastic staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

You added Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3405 Lenox Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #69 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome place to stay with fantastic staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I just used this hotel to host all the wedding guests for our large wedding. I was so impressed with everything about the hotel and its staff! The hotel is gorgeous- newly remodeled- with really nice amenities for a great price. The location was great- an easy walk from Marta and with the hotel's free shuttle, my guests didn't have to rent cars. Most importantly, the staff made all my guests feel very welcome, and took care of all the little extras, such as calling my guests who had already checked in to let them know that their gift bags were now available. Casie did a fantastic job managing all the group details such as our hospitality suite and reservation changes- she made my job hosting all these people SO much easier, and she was awesome to work with! I couldn't be any happier with this hotel and its wonderful staff!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for the great comments. I was able to share them will all of our team members who were very appreciative of your accolades. I hope that you come back and visit us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Atlanta, GA USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

From check-in to check-out, nothing but problems. First of all, the employee who checked me in was unaware of unwilling to acknowledge my Marriott Gold status - advising me incorrectly of member benefits. After being given a lecture as to how to use the parking facilities, he failed to activate my room key cards for the parking deck, causing me to be stuck at the exit with lines of cars blowing their horns behind me. This happened repeatedly with other guests who were unable to exit the parking lot - cause lines and delays. Only when a Marriott employee happens to pull in to valet a vehicle is anyone at Marriott aware of the issue. The excuse I got from management is that the parking lot is not Marriott-owned - but that a parking management company controls the lot. If Marriott is sending their guests to this parking deck, then they should have some control over the facility as to not inconvenience guests.

I called down for the room to be serviced at 3:30 PM one afternoon by using the "At Your Service" button. In addition, when I left the room I personally spoke to the housekeeping attendant with her cart across the hall and told her I was leaving the room for a couple of hours and requested service. When I returned at 7:00 PM - you guessed it - nothing had been done. Dirty towels piled on the floor in the foyer and the trash cans full. Again, nothing but hollow excuses from management and an apology.

This is a franchised hotel - while it has the appearance of a Marriott - in reality it is not. Even the email addresses of managers I communicated with are not Marriott email addresses. Obviously, there is a huge lack of training and pervasive unfamiliarity with Marriott benefits and standards at this property.

The location is terrific if you are utilizing the many shopping, restaurant, and other facilities of this nature in the area. However, do not plan to enjoy the hotel as one would expect from a typical Marriott. I have stayed over 400 nights worldwide in Marriotts, and unfortunately this supposed renovated superior property is one of the worst for level of service and staff competency I have every encountered.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
The hotel would like to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott being a Gold Member. As a member of the Marriott family, we have put our team through extensive Marriott Corporate Training to insure all guest receive Marriott's level of service. I do apologize for the lapses that occurred during your stay. We will use your comments to help better train our team to insure your next experience with our hotel lives up to your expectations. I will also speak with our parking company to make sure that all of our equipment is working to avoid any further inconveniences.

Thanks you again for choosing the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel and we hope that you consider us in future travel plans.
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

From the start, I knew I was going to have a great stay. I took the Metro that is approximately one block away, as I was walking towards the hotel the bellman ran quickly and helped me with my luggage. Front Desk Agent, was friendly, she asked if It was my first time staying at the hotel, and yes it was my first time. She immediately pointed out local restaurants and shopping places and gave me all the information and location of the conference room. Later on I went back to front desk and asked where the bussiness center was..I found it instructions were very clear. When I got back to my room the front desk agent called to make sure that I found the business center. I really liked that she followed up with me. I truly felt pampered and taken care of.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This hotel is very lovely. I was there in February of this year & I thought it was spectacular. I will definitely stay there again & tell others visiting ATL all about it. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Right from the start, the lady who checked me in made me feel welcome. The bell staff were there to answer any questions and show me to my room. My room was BEAUTIFUL. Very clean and the bed was comfortable. I slept very well as the hotel was quiet. I had lunch at the restaurant twice and the food was so good. I was tehre for a conference and teh confrerence staff were very friendly and helpful. I really liked the food that was available in the conferene center - so convenient. The hotel is located in a great area as I could walk to great shopping and i could get there from the airport using MARTA.. I will definately stay there again when I visit Atlanta!

dtw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza, both shopping mecca's for women and men alike. The hotel is on the newer side with one flaw. The central air does not shut off. I'm writing this at 5am in the morning because I cannot sleep due to the blowing of warm air throughout my room. I wouldn't mind if it was colder, seeing as today's temperature was over 80 degrees. Most rooms don't have balconies but I'm on the concierge level. Thank goodness or I'd have to change rooms in the middle of the night. My second gripe is the front desk forgot to bring my platinum amenity gift upon arrival. All in all the hotel is worth the $100 a night I paid to stay here. They're giving me free Sunday breakfast because the concierge lounge is closed on the weekends. I'll stay here again but I'll make sure the a/c is working first.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you for your coments regarding our hotel and great location. We pride ourselves in having one of the best locations in Atlanta for shopping and dining.

I do apologize for the issues you had with your heating/cooling system. We have looked into and made the necessary changes to the room's thermostat to insure future guests are not impacted by this inconvenience. I have also advised our front desk team on your arrival gift.

Thank you again for choosing the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel. We hope that you keep us in your future travel plans.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

1.There was always someboby greeting us in the Lobby.
2.the rooms were great,beds were very comfortable.
3.The service was outstanding,with veryfriendly people.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!