“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Florida
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Hilton Atlanta was actually better than I expected, given the outside. It's an older hotel, but most of them in downtown Atlanta are, so don't expect it to be super updated.

That said, the rooms are better than the hallways.

Was here for a tradeshow, so was staying on-site for business for four days. Room, on the concierge level floor, was nice, with a big TV with HD.

Bed was pretty comfortable. Bathroom a bit small and the bath amenities are all Hilton (i.e. kinda cruddy). Nice desk and desk chair.

Concierge lounge is fairly nice. It's great to be able to go get a free coffee or tea when you need it. Breakfast had a nice variety of stuff. Missed the evening spread, but nice to know it was there. The lounge floors are 3 floors, though, so you may have to go up one or down one to get something.

Location is a bit suck if you have to go out for something. You can hike it down a couple of blocks to Peachtree, but it's not right there.

My room was pretty loud. On 27th floor, near the area overlooking the lounge, it could be quite loud. But again, hotel was full for this tradeshow, so I expected it and packed earplugs.

Overall, not bad, but I wish all these hotels didn't feel the need to jack you for internet. It's offensive for a hotel catering to business travelers. Definitely makes you want to step down to a Hilton Garden Inn--still get a big TV and a comfy bed, but you pay less AND get free internet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010 via mobile

I was worried about staying at this hotel based on reviews I read on this site before I went. I was there October 15-18, 2010 for a conference. However, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. Unlike what previous travelers experienced, I found the hotel staff to be friendly, helpful and treated me with respect. I ordered room service twice: the same staff member brought it to me each morning, was on time, called me by name and even asked me about my kids (since I had mentioned being away from them).

Further, the hotel has been updated and renovated. The furnishings are modern and very tasteful.

The one awful thing is the location. It is in the middle of nowhere. Even the little mall nearby was closed on the weekend. I spent $60 roundtrip to take a cab to an area with shopping (Lenox mall). The saving grace is that it is attached to the Marriott, which is a great hotel. I had a massage at their spa, and ate dinner there and did some shopping in their gift shop.

• Stayed October 2010
Dothan, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, room was clean and comfortable. Easy access to downtown.

Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

The clerk service was excellent and very accommodating. The service was better than we could ever expected. The room was very clean and comfortable. We highly recommend this hotel for your special occasion.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
hiltonatl, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Thank you for your comment. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Atlanta. We hope you come back and visit us again soon.
knoxville, tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Don't even think about bringing a car to this hotel. We made a reservation over the telephone. When we arrived at the hotel the valet said that valet parking was full and that we'd have to drive to a private lot a block away. Not too easy, not to mention not safe at all to be walking around the downtown Atlanta streets at night. Of course, the private lot (not owned by Hilton) doesn't have in-and-outs, so be prepared to pay out the teeth. Just not worth the risk if you're bringing a car.

As others have written, the service is just horrible at the hotel.

Interiors are VERY dated and worn.

I would consider staying at the Marriott across the street, which connects to the Hilton via a tunnel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for posting your comment. We sincerely apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We always welcome the opportunity to improve upon our services when guests express their dissatisfaction. We hope you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to make your stay a positive one.
Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

The service was better than average. The room was comfortable, with great views of downtown Atlanta. Of particular quality and convenience was the conference facility within the hotel that made it very convenient to get from room to meetings with only a short walk. The restaurant at the hotel was above par.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Was working an event last week at the Hilton Atlanta. I was in a meeting room working backstage. The session ended, and I ran to the restroom. When I got back my laptop and the cellphone attached to it was gone. I ran through the back hallway and found my mouse and connector cable. I notified security and they came and helped me look for it. The security people got the guy walking through the Marriott connector on video. But I never heard anything about what happened. The Hilton sales manager was awesome. But the house security was a little unprofessional at best. He wrote down my infrmation on a hotel napkin. In this day and time I think security should be beefed up. If you are ever there please lock up your belongings, or you will never see them again

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thanks to the quick notification from our guest and swift action from our security team, we were indeed able to investigate the situation and track down the perpetrator on camera. We sincerely apologize that you were not given an update regarding the investigation. Hilton Atlanta prides itself on making the safety and security of our guests as top priority. Our security team works closely with the Atlanta Police Department to resolve any issues that may occur on the premise.

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!