“Excellent downtown location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
ohio
“Excellent downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was recently in town for the MODEX conference and this proved to be a great location to stay. There was a shuttle pickup about 100 yards away that was the first for pickup and drop off, so no problem getting a seat. I found a number of good restaurants within easy walking distance. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The Hilton Honors lounge was very busy during breakfast and the evening happy hour. This was probably due to the fact that the hotel was sold out. I would say that the breakfast selections were a little more limited thsn I expected. There was not much in the way of hot food that morning.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so glad that our location proved to be helpful to you for your conference! We hope to see you the next time you are in Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Check in was not handled well. They did not ask me was if I was a Hilton Honors member or say thanks for being one. It was not until I was conversing with two very helpful gentleman at the bellman stand did I find out about the parking in and out privileges. The young lady who checked us in did not even ask if we drove, needed parking, etc. Got to the room and there were no towels. Water pressure in bathroom toilet very low. Thanks Keith and Bryant for your help on the parking situation and recommending restaurants you guys were great. When we told manager about the problem, kind of dismissive, and then handed me a card to right a review. Never addresses the bathroom.

We came down to go on college tours with my son. It is centrally located if you are going to do that, but the amenities are not good if bad or cold weather. Everything is outside even the pool. Fitness center nice.

Left out at 8:00 AM and did not return until after 10 PM that night. Walked in and room had never been cleaned. Went to front desk to get resolved. manager that night said 20 minutes. We were tired. They were not done until almost midnight. To spend the time the we went to the Southern Elements Bar and Grill in the hotel. Fred Collier and Ernest Oliver were great. They apologized for our experience and provided us with a complimentary beverage while we waited on our room.

Long story short, they have a few really awesome employees that I mentioned above that get the concept of customer service. I would not recommend the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for recognizing Keith, Bryant, Fred and Ernest, we know that they will be delighted that they made such a positive impact on your stay. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Rockmart, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I am a resident of Atlanta GA and own six businesses throughout the city. I travel often and stay in hotels throughout Atlanta approximately three months out of the year. I love Atlanta and have built six businesses throughout the city. This has been a blessing to me and one thing that I have learned about business is that I would have never prospered without giving back to those who deserve it. The staff at the Hilton Atlanta always remind me of that. During my most recent stay I had the distinct pleasure of being checked in by an exceptional gentleman and his colleague. His name was Mark and his colleague was Serena. Mark was an outstanding representative of this fine hotel. He was dressed immaculately and his polished appearance reflected the professionalism that he displayed. Besides his immaculate appearance he was both affable and amicable. Serena was equally as friendly and the both of them made me feel exactly the way any patron of this fine hotel should feel. They made me feel valued and special. On a personal level, the two of them made me feel as if I was appreciated. This makes them exceptional and very worthy. Worthy enough for me to certainly spend the time out of my schedule to recognize the both of them, when I imagine that countless times throughout the day they demonstrate the same exceptional level of service to hundreds of other people. Albeit, these people may be good people themselves, and appreciate it, sometimes they may lack what I feel every day when I see what God has done for me. They may lack GRATITUDE. Congratulations Hilton Atlanta for doing what I try to do every day to achieve the level of success that you have by hiring employees like Serena and Mark. They are the reason that I delight in staying at the Hilton Atlanta. They are the reason that I will keep coming back over and over. They maker me feel worthy. They are too. You should be GRATEFUL to have them. Undoubtedly they are GRATEFUL to work for you. They demonstrate it.

Room Tip: Go see Mark of Serena when you check in.
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for your review and more importantly for your loyalty! We have made sure to share your kind words for Mark and Serena with our Team. We cannot wait to see you again soon!
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

A group of us stayed here for training and what a joke. It is not a business hotel at all. Here's why:

1) Wifi doesn't work ANYWHERE. I couldn't use it on my computer, mobile phone (I'm from abroad so this was even more critical so that I could contact my family). The only way I had free internet was plugging my laptop in with the ethernet cable. I live in Africa, so for me to say that the internet is bad, it must be REALLY BAD.

2) Noisy rooms. I stayed on the 24th floor and I could still hear the traffic. The walls are paper thin, so you can hear everything. Many of my colleagues heard their neighbors partying DURING THE WEEK while they were trying to resource from a long day of work. You just couldn't rest well here.

3) Horrendous service in the restaurant: We waited forever. We waited for our food forever. When we asked to move because we were under a vent that was apparently turned on with A/C in March while we're having below average temperatures, the waiter was very rude and almost condescending. Not everyone enjoys a frosty environment year round.

4) The clientele is trashy. Just plain inappropriate for a purported business hotel. I think I saw more butt cheeks and cleavage here than I've ever seen because so many people were dressed inappropriately. Between the parties and what we believe were acts of prostitution or outright debauchery happening in the rooms next to us, my colleagues and I felt that we were in a brothel. Not a place you want to be when you are on a business trip.

I couldn't wait to get out of this hotel. We have told our boss that we never want to stay here again when we come in for a global training, and our boss was just mortified that she put us in such a horrendous hotel. I certainly will make my way to Midtown for future business travel. I know I'll just get some mechanized response to the above, but just thought I would put it out there that you will pay quite a bit to have interrupted sleep, feel as if you are in some sort of brothel, and minimalistic rooms with zero amenities. And possibly parking if you have a car. Not worth it.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the issues you encountered during your time with us. Although we cannot control or predict guest behavior we always take steps to ensure that guests do not impact other guests. We apologize that these steps did not make for a quiet stay during your visit. We are currently in the process of updating our network to provide an improved connectivity experience for guests. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Sloatsburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Beautiful view, ice available, staff is very friendly, clean and roomy. Nice choices in the hotel for dining or snacks. Extremely helpful staff for directions and recommendations. You will enjoy this hotel.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that the next time you’re in Atlanta we can welcome you back!
Alma, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked this hotel for my 5th wedding anniversary getaway with my husband. Upon check in and learning the reason for our stay, we were upgraded to a room on a Hilton Honors floor. It was the quietest hotel room I've ever stayed in with lovely view of the Atlanta skyline. The staff from valet to housekeeping were pleasant and accommodating. We dine at Nickolai's Roof and found the food to be superb. We will be staying at this hotel again.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you so much, Kimberly, for sharing your kind words with us! Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for spending it with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Winston Salem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was AMAZING!! We only stayed overnight, but we were very satisfied. The staff that we interacted with was more than friendly. This high quality hotel was cheaper than the crap Motel 6 that is a few blocks away. The hotel is also within walking distance of The Hard Rock Cafe in Atlanta. Just all around the best hotel experience I have ever had.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your stellar review, Christopher! We are so pleased to hear that our staff was able to meet your expectations and contribute to making your stay wonderful! We can’t wait to see you again soon!

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!