“Great experience at the Hilton downtown Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Atlanta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Courtland Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3X Hhonors Points & More!
Ranked #96 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Mountainside, NJ
“Great experience at the Hilton downtown Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a great hotel especially if you are going to the Americasmart, it's a quick walk & if it's a rainy day you can walk through two other hotels via bridges without getting wet. The service was very good & the staff most polite. The bed was extremely comfortable. We will be staying there again on our next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Easily accessible location for downtown. Room & bathroom are very clean. Nice complimentary robe. Felt very comfortable and relaxed. Was able to walk to market through walk ways and hotels without getting caught outside in the down pours. Only thing that I would say negative is - don't bother with the executive floor. Continental breakfast in the morning is not very nice and it is crowded. Room coffee is just as good as the service coffee. Visit the Nicholas restaurant and bar on top level. Great view! Bar open nightly even if the restaurant is not.

• Stayed July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the Atlanta July Gift Market. Given my trust of the Hilton brand, I figured this was a good choice.

Check in was a breeze. After we got settled in our room, we headed down to the restaurant (Southern Elements) in the lobby.

Unfortunately, what started as great service at the bar quickly deteriorated once we were seated. First, we had to wait thirty minutes..no big deal, really. Once we were finally seated, the restaurant was only 1/3 full. Our server was a little abrupt while taking our order, but we could hear him being friendly to the guests around us. We figured everything would be fine.

Once our food arrived, I noticed my side salad was without dressing. The food runner quickly offered to bring some. He never returned. Neither did our server. In fact, our server NEVER came back to check on us. He simply took our order and handed us the check. At one point, I tried to get his attention to request dressing. He seemed super annoyed and said "One moment," kept walking, and never came back. And the most awkward part of the night? After he dropped off the check, he actually came back and STOOD over my husband's shoulder while he signed the tip receipt. Unacceptable.

The room was updated, which was nice. The shower seemed dirty and outdated--all tile and lots of mildewed grout. And while stepping into the shower one morning, the glass door actually cut my foot. Watch out for sharp corners!

The beds were decently comfortable and I slept well. I feel compelled to note that my husband slept horribly both nights. He said that the place just gave him a bad feeling. A simple Google search of this hotel uncovers some unsettling history (If that kind of thing freaks you out.) Let's just say I was happy to be checked out and on my way home by the time I discovered it.

Bottom line: For the price, the service and accommodations leave a lot to be desired. Do your research and find another hotel. There are plenty of other options within a few blocks.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Myrtle Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were very pleased with our service at the hotel while on a business trip. We will return again in the future! From check-in, restaurant, and the bell staff, we were always greeted with a smile. The location of the hotel was great as well.

South U.S.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton for a romantic weekend getaway with my husband. I paid $200 for the room, including tax and a breakfast. For that price, I expected better service and amenities. It wasn't a horrific experience, but there were a ton of small issues that added up.

The most distressing had to be the parking deck. I self-parked, and there were no signs pointing me in the direction of the elevator. None. I essentially got "lost" in the deck, and ended up hiking up a very steep incline in five-inch heels. Not a good way to start my vacation.

After the long check-in process, I boarded the elevator with several other people. I inserted my key-card and pressed my floor, only to have it not work. After trying several times, the others and I decided to try another elevator (it didn't occur to me that my card was the problem). We all got off and onto another elevator. It was not only embarrassing, but it was a great inconvenience to the other guests.

I finally made it to my room on the 18th floor, only to have my key not work in my door. Yay... I had to trek all the way back to the desk for a new key.

After settling in, my husband and I decided to check out the pool for a night swim. When we arrived at the pool, all of the towels were gone. Yay! We trekked back up to our room, and then all the way back down again.

The next day, we went down for breakfast. We weren't sure how it worked and looked for an attendant. After waiting at the front of the restaurant for over five minutes, we assumed decided to seat ourselves. Wrong! "Excuse me! Excuse me! That section is closed!" Yay again!

At check-out, I expressed my concerns, only to have them overlooked. I was told, "We don't own the parking deck," and "I let my manager know." That was all.

All of the above being said, the rooms were superbly clean and the beds were comfortable. The view of Atlanta was amazing, and the hotel is conveniently located to the downtown tourist stops.

The Hiton is a nice hotel, but I expected way more service for the $200 I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you again for alerting us to your concerns. It's only with guest feedback that we can identify some challenge areas and opportunities. Please know that your comments will be reviewed by our team to ensure such missteps do not continue. We would be happy to speak with you in greater detail and hope we can invite you back for a much better experience.

Kind regards,
Tamekia Massaline
Tamekia.Massaline@hilton.com
Riverdale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel needs an upgrade infrastructurally. The door cards do not work and need to be reprogrammed time and again. Also the billing system need to be worked on. I had a colleague whose credit card was billed twice and that affected his spouse who wanted to use money from that same account outside the hotels location - it was quite embarrassing and shocking! Though it was resolved but such anormaly should be avoided to keep up with the high standards of Hilton Hotels worldwide.

Harvest, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at the Atlanta Hilton this past weekend while I was in town working an event. My wife came in for one night and we stayed here whole she was in town. Our room was great, had an awesome view, and the bed was really comfortable, but we had a ton of small issues that really brought down the whole experience.

I'll just make a list in the order that they happened:

1. I had reserved a bed and breakfast package that would get us tickets to have a nice breakfast in the lobby restaurant in the morning. When checking in, it took over twenty minutes for my tickets for breakfast to be printed.

2. There are no visible signs in the parking garage that lead to any elevators to the lobby. My wife and I basically got lost in the garage looking for any direction, and ended up having to walk up the steep ramp to the front of the hotel.

3. After being issued my card keys, I went all the way up to the 18th floor to find out that they wouldn't work. After being forced to make the long trip back (luggage in tow) on the somewhat slow elevators, the lady working the desk asserted that my cell phone demagnetized them, even though I explained that it was in a different pocket.

4. We went down to the pool, only to find that no attendant had checked to see if there were any towels available. Yet again, I was forced to take the slow elevators all the way back up to the 18th floor to supply my own.

5. After leaving the pool, we found that, again, our keys did not work. Made the long and slow trip down again to have them fixed.

6. When using the bed and breakfast tickets the next morning, we found that there was no one at the entrance of the restaurant. After waiting five minutes to find that no one showed up to greet us or escort us to a table, we seated ourselves. A waitress finally showed up at that point to rudely tell us that we couldn't sit there.

7. My wife checked out later in the day, and tried to explain to the lady working the desk why all of these things were problematic, only to find that her concerns were entirely shrugged off.

If any one or two of these things happened, I'd have not been too displeased with my stay. But after all of them happened, it adds up. My stay at the Atlanta Hilton was entirely frustrating, and I'm likely not going to be back or will recommend it because of it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!