“Average... or you could do worse.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Rates from $69
Ranked #99 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Average... or you could do worse.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Time travel seems to be a theme for this trip to Atlanta. I'm guessing the Atlanta Hilton was built for the Olympics that were held in Atlanta in the 90's. The hotel is build with LOTS of concrete. It has a distinctive 90's feel. It is clean but nothing exceptional. Parking is VERY expensive like most downtown Atlanta hotels. Check-in speed was glacial. Waited in check-in line far too long compared to most top tier hotels. At one point there were about 20 people in line and 4 people checking people in. The room as clean. The bed was good. The bathroom was very small. MOST of the time I did not have to wait too long for an elevator. On two occasions I waited over 15 minutes and decided to take the stairs. In the stairwell I met others who had given up and were climbing up and down. 'Elements' the restaurant is pretty good but on two nights the wait was over 30 minutes and heard stories of poor service from others in our group. Overall the food was VERY good on the two occasions I ate there. As in ALL downtown hotels be careful with your belongings. Two in our party had laptops stolen from their briefcases.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

1,407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We love Nikolia's Roof located in the hotel and decided to stay the night and shop Atlanta the next day. The staff was friendly, alert and professional. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had recently. I would recommend this hotel and have already. Even if you don't stay, eat there!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed last weekend at the Atlanta Hilton. Excellent rate but hotel limited some services. For example, the hotel did not offer the breakfast buffet either day of my visit. There was no notification of this until I went to order the buffet. I will credit the front for providing a voucher to enjoy something off the menu. Room was clean and good sized for a downtown property though - mattress was on the hard side. I am a Hilton Honors member but would try out a different hotel is staying in the area again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Next time I'm in Atlanta, this is where I will stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were also very informative regarding any questions you may have. The hotel itself is very nice, clean, and welcoming. I had no complaints the entire weekend I stayed there. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: End room next to stairwell was perfect... we barely heard any outside noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warner Robins, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed at the Atlanta Hilton for a birthday getaway and to attend a concert in the park. I was welcomed at check-in in the special Hilton Honors line at the desk. I received a room on the top floor of the hotel because I requested an upgrade ($5 more) when I made the online reservation. Spectacular view of downtown Atlanta. The staff gave me good directions to the MARTA (easier to get to the concert) and upon return, they gave decent recommendations to nearby resturants & bars. Downside - the housekeeper comes by early & often the next morning use the "Do not disturb" sign- although she still disregarded it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Checked in before 3pm to find my room ready. Front desk was great to put my traveling companions near me. 500 women descended into the Hilton for a convention, but the staff was always friendly and helpful. Our meals were served promptly in the ballroom. They even temporarily changed the men's room into a second women's room for us on the second floor. Concierge was helpful in choosing a lunch venue within walking distance. My only complaint was trying to get a taxi. Seems like in a convention hotel, there would be a plethora of taxis available; however, one night, we waited 25 minutes for a taxi to dinner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I can not say how great the Hilton Atlanta is. This was my second time staying here and we really enjoyed it a lot! I can not thank the staff and house house keeping enough for all there help. We ran out of coffee one morning and the service woman on our floor, #24 on 4/13/13, was more than willing to give me more. I booked on priceline.com and got a wonderful deal for Friday and Saturday night. Thanks again Hilton Atlanta I'll definitely be back.

Oh yeah your in Downtown and locatd near everything. We even found the Sky Walks connecting the hotel to the Mall at Peachtree so even on a rain day you can still have an adventure here!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!