“My Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Warner Robins, Georgia
“My Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great stay, Great Facility. Parking is a big problem in the down town area. At $32.00 a night it is almost unaffordable. Everything was wonderful with the Hilton, it was a great stay. The staff, in a all areas, were outstanding. I rec-commend this facility whole hearty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that the service at the Hilton Atlanta was always excellent. My biggest complaints is that my room was inferior by today's standards, the hotel needs to renovate the older rooms ASAP. Also, there are 8 elevators in the core, yet there's still a long wait each time. The top floor has a great lounge; my only complaint is that a glass of soda costs $5, which is easily the most I have ever paid in my life.

• Stayed January 2013
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. Thank you for your feedback.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I arrived into Atlanta 2 days before my conference and needed a hotel that was affordable, yet close to public transportation. This Hilton worked out well. The MARTA Peachtree station is 2 blocks away, and can be accessed without going outside (once you learn the enclosed sidewalk connections). It was cold and windy outside, so these enclosed walkways connecting buildings were great. The room was nice and the hotel was quiet. The concierge and front desk tried to help me find the best route via public transportation, Their directions got me there, but I was able to get back 30 minutes faster using common sense. I expected better from the locals. The bell staff was able to hold my bags after I checked out since my next hotel didn't allow check in for another 4 hours. The pool is outside and it was too cold to use it. I was told I would not get Hilton points since I used a 3rd party to book my room. Beware.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed four days at this hotel. First, the nice parts. The staff are very helpful and check in was quick. I am Hilton Diamond so I was upgraded to an upper floor.

The executive lounge is OK. Continental Breakfast. Food is good in the restaurant although the service was slow.

The elevators are a huge problem. If you are not on the first 3 floors, you cannot take the stairs so you are dependent on the elevators. I waited 25 minutes for an elevator in the morning. They have a lot of elevators, but some of them must not be working.

Finally, the wi-fi just doesn't work. It connects but then drops. They have wired internet access, which I assume works well, but I have an iPhone and an iPad and they would not stay connected. With all the devices that use wi-fi, this is one area where an improvement is needed.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the second or third floor as you don't need to take the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with our internet service during your stay. We will be sure to work with our provider to troubleshoot any and all issues. However, we would also like to apologize for the issues with the elevator as well. We truly hope to have another shot at providing a great stay for you in the future. Thanks again for your comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It is a nice facility in downtown Atlanta, and close to their MARTA as well as the interstate (highway road noise in guest rooms). Biggest problem for me was finding the public restrooms adjacent to the outdoor jogging track and basketball play area identified as suitable for anyone; personal appearance and gender were to be ignored, they were titled gender neutral bathroom facilities. I find that totally wrong and inappropriate.

The area around the hotel is just okay. A few panhandlers, a liquor store, and a "gentleman's" club detract.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay. We sincerely apologize for any and all inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We want you to know that we take our guests comments seriously and we will work towards great guest satisfaction in the future. If you would like to share anything else, please feel free to contact us directly. Thank you again.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed a multiple HIlton group properties in Atlanta - airport, suburbs and downtown but this one was easily the best amongst all, first of all of course this was Hilton and so was expected to be above notch of others but the best part was the price and the kind of value it provides with that top notch location is simply unbeatable...great location, great rooms, wonderful executive club showcasing the best of southern hospitality. The gym and the pool area was great too with gazebos et al. The hotel also has tennis courts and a running tread which was superbly convenient. The hotel is part of the downtown atlanta convention center square with multiple buildings connected to each other via skywalks..so there is a mall, convention center, marriott and this hilton. While you are there do check out Marriott's lobby, its a short walk from hilton's and its an architectural marvel to say the least.

The hotel has large spacious rooms with floor to ceiling windows, ones that give you the chill of being on a high floor. The executive club served great delicacies during evenings with a complementary bar area.

The stay was just perfect thanks to this great HIlton property.

Room Tip: While at the check-in desk, request for rooms facing downtown or the pool..one side faces the highwa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For the price I paid (priceline), it was not bad at all. The lobby and registration areas are what you would expect for a 4-star hotel by Atlanta standards. The registration took about 20 minutes due to not enough staff. While the public areas are fresh and new feeling, the hallways and rooms are very dated. The tub/shower combo was small and must have been 30 years old. (Water pressure was good, though.)

Parking is $29/night (valet) and internet is free if you're an HHonors member (you can join for free) or if you're an AT&T customer.

I would have probably given it 3.5 stars if i could but i rounded down because I didn't feel like it was a great example of a 4-star hotel. If they make updates to the room and improve the check-in process, then we could have a solid 4-star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. We're taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We always want to exceed guest expectations and hope to have another opportunity to do so.

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!