“Nothing special, pretty 'tired'....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale from $89!
Ranked #101 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nothing special, pretty 'tired'....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hilton in Atlanta is big, and located behind all the other hotels. Its furthest from the apex of downtown Atlanta.

My check in process was awful. Waited way too long. Not enough help, too many people lined up. Really bad.

My room was fine. Nothing especially great, nothing awful. I did notice the 'smell' once i entered the corridor. It was what i call 'Eau de Holiday Inn'. That smell that so many 'motels' had in the 80's?? Hate it.

I most likely wont be back. The Marriott and the especially the Hyatt and Westin are far better. even prefer the smaller Sheraton down the street (great service!!).

I am a lifetime gold member with Hilton, so i have stayed in a few.

If you get a GREAT rate....try it. Otherwise, move on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing exceptional service during the check in. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

1,678 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Plastic cups in room made it feel cheap. No corkscrew for beverages. Shouldn't have to pay for wi-fi but you do. Excessive parking charge. But great location and helpful staff. Enjoyed the on site dining options.

• Stayed January 2013
Highlands, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because it was close to a trade show related to our business. We got back to the hotel late and didn't think to examine the bed sheets. The next morning, when it was light and I was sitting in the bed, I noticed the urine stains; gross!!! We were not supposed to be charged for the room, but once again they did not take care of business, so I had to take time out of my day to call and make sure the charge was removed. Management for this hotel needs to get their act together!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. However, I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received as well. If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.
Hawthorne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am a frequent traveller and rate many hotels based on each competitive brand. Hilton Atlanta ranks in the top 10, probably top 5 world-wide for service, value, attention of returning guests and attention to ANY guest in need.

The property is centrally located to anything and everything Atlanta offers with a myriad of options for transportation. The rooms, especially upgrades for Hilton Honors members, are always clean, well appointed and ready for occupancy. On the one rare occasion where my room was not ready for occupancy the stafff quickly and deftly resolved the issue with do disruption to me.

Most hotels forget that they are in a customer service business. Hilton understands this very well, especially the Atlanta Hilton. Customers, regardless of rank or status, are the reason for the business. Service is the vehicle for ensuring each customer has an enjoyable (and hopefully repeatable business). Hilton Atlanta carries this off quiet well. Eric Topping, Consierge at the Executive Level, is by far the best at his profession. If you need anything, have a problem or just need recommendations for a good show or resturant - ask Eric.

Room Tip: Executive Level access is a fantastic experience if you can get the upgrade. If not, it worth the s...
Muenchen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had a very good night rate and were given a room on a high floor. We could sleep with a very nice view to atlanta! The room itself was very clean, the hotel is typically american, the lounge was closed during our stay but we could use the restaurant at the ground floor of the hotel.

Parking is a little bit to expensive, but its a city hotel..

Room Tip: High floor to get a nice view!
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I would stay here again!!! I booked last week and expected to pay much more. The king room was very spacious and the Herman Miller desk chair was fantastic.
The club chair had no support :(.
2 block walk to the mart. Great hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two times now because it is walking distance to the Coca Cola Museum, the Aquarium and CNN, and it accepts dogs. What I like most about it is that they don't make you go through the back door and hide your pup. No, you can walk through the lobby and you still get friendly looks. They are very accommodating and always friendly.
The only reason I am giving it a 4 rating is because I think they could have handled the masses of the big Passion Meeting a little better and reserved one elevator for other hotel guests. So, doggie and I ended up running down and up the 25 floors on the stairs. But it was a good workout for both of us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!