“Very comfortable and convenient to Atlantas Market Center” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #97 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Very comfortable and convenient to Atlantas Market Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I would stay here again!!! I booked last week and expected to pay much more. The king room was very spacious and the Herman Miller desk chair was fantastic.
The club chair had no support :(.
2 block walk to the mart. Great hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two times now because it is walking distance to the Coca Cola Museum, the Aquarium and CNN, and it accepts dogs. What I like most about it is that they don't make you go through the back door and hide your pup. No, you can walk through the lobby and you still get friendly looks. They are very accommodating and always friendly.
The only reason I am giving it a 4 rating is because I think they could have handled the masses of the big Passion Meeting a little better and reserved one elevator for other hotel guests. So, doggie and I ended up running down and up the 25 floors on the stairs. But it was a good workout for both of us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It has taken me a while to write this, but we had an amazing experience at the Hilton Atlanta Downtown. The hotel is in the heart of everything, and since we enjoy walking in urban landscapes, it was an easy walk to the Coca Cola museum, CNN (where my brother in law works and where we did the tour), that great park area and the Hard Rock. We had a baby and an older child with us, and we were upgraded to an executive club level floor, with a travelzoo special at the time. We really enjoyed the club level floor, and yes we took our kids to the club level for snacks, but we made them behave of course. Also, the hotel staff was helpful and the room was nice with little noise. The only noise came from the marathon one morning in the streets of downtown, but that was more interesting than annoying. The hotel bar was nice (we got a babysitter) and seemed to be a happening spot. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: If there is an upgrade available to the executive club level, I would recommend it, even at a modera...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here twice on our the road trip. The first time was on 12/23/12 and the second time was on 1/2/13. Both time was amazing. The hotel is located in midtown so if you are planning on visit attraction such as coca-cola world, aquarium, or the CNN, its a great place to stay. Parking cost $21. its a bit pricey but its located in the downtown area so its expected. The building and parking garage looks a bit old but inside the building its still great. The garage might really need some work. The room is clean and the bed is comfy. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed recently at the Hilton on Courtland in downtown Atlanta during a conference. Booked on Hotwire - great price. The hotel was outstanding: excellent front desk, concierge and restaurant service. My room was spacious, very clean and well equipped. The heating unit worked very quietly and efficiently. My only beef - lumpy pillows....but the bed was very comfortable. For such a busy hotel, it was pretty quiet. Should note that the hotel is very convenient to reach from I-75, has underground parking which is an additional charge. I'm planning on staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors, above 18, to avoid any street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here from 3 nights in a king room on the executive level floor. The hotel was a true gem all the way around. The hotel was very clean and I found my room to be in the same condition. The executive lounge was real nice and the entire staff very friendly. Great housekeeping and the evening turn down service was a plus. I stay in about 300 Hilton Properties a year and I am also a Hilton Diamond member. I have to say I was welll pleased all the way around. I rate this hotel a 10/10. I will stay here again if ever back in the area and I highly recommend it to everyone!!
Thank you Hilton Atlanta for a great stay from check- in to Check-Out!!!!
A+++++

• Stayed February 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's sad that when thinking of comment on hotel such as this your first thought is....."well, the rooms are clean."

The location of the property is great. It is within walking distance to many venues in the downtown area. It is across the street from the Mariott Marquis and is connected by a skywalk to that hotel.

You never know what to expect in the executive level at a Hilton. For some there is no lounge. For some the lounge is open, staffed and has food and drink all day long. For some the lounge is open for breakfast and a few light snacks in the evening. This is property has the breakfast and the few light snacks in the evening.

Access to the lounge area is convenient in that it is located on the 27th floor in a large open space in an atrium-like area. So, no hasssle with the need for a room key or signing in or out.

Service on the executive level is really good with really attentive staff. Outside the executive level it was a little disappointing. First, I had called ahead to let them know I was bringing a pet and ask the staff to put a note in our reservation. When I arrived at check-in I had to wait for the two staff persons at the HHonors desk to deal two other people. Neither of the people were checking in and one was a vendor and not a guest. Then when I got to the check-in, it took forever since the staff person seemed a little clueless on how to use the system. I also had to remind her about my dog that was with me. What should have taken a total of 5 minutes, took nearly 15.

One of the most annoying things about the check-in is that the front desk agent called me later that night and asked me to sign a pet release. I informed her that I was ready for bed and could it wait. She insisted and brought the release to my room. I signed it, not having a chance to review it and not having a copy. In all my stays at Hilton properties with a pet, I've neve signed one of these. Regardless, the entire process was annoying and inconvenient despite my attempts to inform the hotel ahead of time and be proactive.

The cleaning staff were very nice and helpful. They would go out of their way to point things out about your room if you were around when they were there.

For everyone else, it seemed as if it was a bother that you were there and they could care less.

Would I stay here again? yes. It wasn't that bad and the executive level is nice. Will I look at other properties in the Atlanta downtown area if I go back? yes, it wasn't that great.

Room Tip: On the executive level, if you are on the 27th floor and close the the center of the hotel, the exec...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our front desk staff and we want you to know that we have addressed our team in regards to your review. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!