“a good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Chicago
“a good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here twice on our the road trip. The first time was on 12/23/12 and the second time was on 1/2/13. Both time was amazing. The hotel is located in midtown so if you are planning on visit attraction such as coca-cola world, aquarium, or the CNN, its a great place to stay. Parking cost $21. its a bit pricey but its located in the downtown area so its expected. The building and parking garage looks a bit old but inside the building its still great. The garage might really need some work. The room is clean and the bed is comfy. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,668 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed recently at the Hilton on Courtland in downtown Atlanta during a conference. Booked on Hotwire - great price. The hotel was outstanding: excellent front desk, concierge and restaurant service. My room was spacious, very clean and well equipped. The heating unit worked very quietly and efficiently. My only beef - lumpy pillows....but the bed was very comfortable. For such a busy hotel, it was pretty quiet. Should note that the hotel is very convenient to reach from I-75, has underground parking which is an additional charge. I'm planning on staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors, above 18, to avoid any street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from 3 nights in a king room on the executive level floor. The hotel was a true gem all the way around. The hotel was very clean and I found my room to be in the same condition. The executive lounge was real nice and the entire staff very friendly. Great housekeeping and the evening turn down service was a plus. I stay in about 300 Hilton Properties a year and I am also a Hilton Diamond member. I have to say I was welll pleased all the way around. I rate this hotel a 10/10. I will stay here again if ever back in the area and I highly recommend it to everyone!!
Thank you Hilton Atlanta for a great stay from check- in to Check-Out!!!!
A+++++

• Stayed February 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's sad that when thinking of comment on hotel such as this your first thought is....."well, the rooms are clean."

The location of the property is great. It is within walking distance to many venues in the downtown area. It is across the street from the Mariott Marquis and is connected by a skywalk to that hotel.

You never know what to expect in the executive level at a Hilton. For some there is no lounge. For some the lounge is open, staffed and has food and drink all day long. For some the lounge is open for breakfast and a few light snacks in the evening. This is property has the breakfast and the few light snacks in the evening.

Access to the lounge area is convenient in that it is located on the 27th floor in a large open space in an atrium-like area. So, no hasssle with the need for a room key or signing in or out.

Service on the executive level is really good with really attentive staff. Outside the executive level it was a little disappointing. First, I had called ahead to let them know I was bringing a pet and ask the staff to put a note in our reservation. When I arrived at check-in I had to wait for the two staff persons at the HHonors desk to deal two other people. Neither of the people were checking in and one was a vendor and not a guest. Then when I got to the check-in, it took forever since the staff person seemed a little clueless on how to use the system. I also had to remind her about my dog that was with me. What should have taken a total of 5 minutes, took nearly 15.

One of the most annoying things about the check-in is that the front desk agent called me later that night and asked me to sign a pet release. I informed her that I was ready for bed and could it wait. She insisted and brought the release to my room. I signed it, not having a chance to review it and not having a copy. In all my stays at Hilton properties with a pet, I've neve signed one of these. Regardless, the entire process was annoying and inconvenient despite my attempts to inform the hotel ahead of time and be proactive.

The cleaning staff were very nice and helpful. They would go out of their way to point things out about your room if you were around when they were there.

For everyone else, it seemed as if it was a bother that you were there and they could care less.

Would I stay here again? yes. It wasn't that bad and the executive level is nice. Will I look at other properties in the Atlanta downtown area if I go back? yes, it wasn't that great.

Room Tip: On the executive level, if you are on the 27th floor and close the the center of the hotel, the exec...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our front desk staff and we want you to know that we have addressed our team in regards to your review. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Hilton in Downtown Atlanta is pretty much a standard Hilton hotel - there was nothing much wrong with it but nothing much outstanding either. The staff were pleasant enough and the Desk Clerk who checked me in was very helpful given the late hour of my arrival (2.30am). The room could have been in any Hilton Hotel anywhere but that's not a bad thing - it was comfortable with good facilities in line with what you would expect from this chain.

The only downside for me was the hotel Wi Fi. I'm not sure why Hilton feel the need to charge their guests to use Wi Fi in the first place but given that they do they should ensure that the coverage extends to all parts of the hotel. In my room (on the 24th floor) the coverage kept dropping in and out which was annoying to say the least - when coupled with the fact that I was paying for the service annoying became exasperating. The most telling factor for me was when I checked my device for other networks I discovered I was receiving a better Wi Fi signal from the Marriott across the street!

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same - but aim for one on the higher floors if you like Skyline city v...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding the speed and cost of our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We will work with our service provider to troubleshoot any and all issues. We hope you will consider staying with us again. Thank you for your comments.
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I picked this hotel for a short stay in Atlanta over Christmas because it was near enough to the main downtown attractions to walk. But staying in a business hotel for a leisure break has its drawbacks: parking is expensive ($21 self park, $28 valet), breakfast is not included, and, unless you're up the Hhonors ladder, internet will cost you. The last point really annoys me: the download speed hardly reached 1Mbps yet customers were being charged an outrageous daily rate because business hotels know this is a basic tool that all customers need nowadays: incredibly cynical when the same brands' down market chains offer internet for free. In fact, the location wasn't that great: a little away from the attractions of Peachtree St and with a view of the highway. I'd recommend that leisure travelers stay in a cheaper brand in the Buckhead area to the north, where there is a good choice of restaurants and shops, a livelier and safer street scene and easy transportation to downtown. Overall the Hilton just felt tired: decor is dated, there's no vibrancy about the place and service is so-so: on December 24th I asked the concierge which restaurants would be open on Christmas day: he didn't know but said he would find out and told me to call back later in the day - he'd be there until 7pm. When I arrived back at the hotel at 5pm he'd gone for the day and his desk was closed. One highlight is their market place kiosk, where you can buy breakfast items and all day snacks plus espresso coffees for a reasonable price. But overall the experience is very average: an OK room, a slightly bleak location and nothing special about the service. You can do better.

• Stayed December 2012
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. However, we would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences that you endured while staying with us. We want you to know that we are working with our team in attempts to correct all issues mentioned. Again, we apologize and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is situated downtown, has beautiful views of the Atlanta skyline and several "don't miss" dining opportunities. Trader Vics, Nichola's, and the restaurant on the lobby level was perfect for breakfast as well as dinner. The staff at this hotel is extremely helpful and friendly. Parking can get pricey- try to get a package that includes parking and breakfast vouchers.

Room Tip: The higher the level, the better the view. Every fifth floor has a lobby - great for families.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!