“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Staycation from $84!
Ranked #94 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel was in a great location direct access to the highway, while still being close enough to walk to down town for the tourist sites. While here you should check the Shakespeare theatre just down the street. One of the best places to catch a play then walk back to this hotel and enjoy a drink at trader joes.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Rechovot
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is clean but very old...
Things in my room broke all the time - light, TV, safe...
I got a fruit basket and a "were sorry note".
Nothing to do in the area of the hotel.
The breakfast buffet is not as promising as previous reports stated. Not much of a variety.
I would chose a diffarent hotel if I need to go to Atlanta again (hopefuly not...)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We want you to know that we have worked with our maintenance team to correct all issues mentioned. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Brookville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to Atlanta for a conference that was located in this hotel and I can't speak highly enough of the accommodations. As a Hilton Honors member, I requested the "upgrade" to a suite if it were available and we were so glad it was! There were four of us in one room and the extra parlor area that had a kitchenette, no microwave though, two full bathrooms, a 'living area' (couch and overstuffed chair) and a beautiful view of Atlanta. The breakfast that came complimentary with being on the executive floor was wonderful! We even contacted the hotel after we left because they serve a granola that is delicious! Another nice perk is the daily 5pm-7pm treat of appetizers! Alcohol is available to purchase but water, juice, and soda is available.

There is a market on the first floor that has a diverse choice of foods (salads, hummus, cheeses, crackers, some alcoholic beverages, and great sweets!) but they are a bit pricy. However, the location of this Hilton is near many drugstore/grocery stores for cheaper shopping.

Gym was very nice and clean and they offered headphones in the event you forgot yours at home!

Any requests we had were met promptly and the staff was beyond courteous. We will definitely stay in this location if we're in the area!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with three or more people and need a little bit extra room, the executive le...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel has a 6 ft clearance garage, which for most vehicles means that you may have to park in the open pay lots nearby.

When I arrived at the hotel and realized that I would not be able to park in the hotel garage, I asked where I should park. I was directed to use the pay lot diagonally across the road at 226 Courtland. The first night (November 28th) was fine, when using the pay machine at the lot. The second day (November 29th) the parking lot attendant told me I could use the ParkMobile app to avoid waiting in line each time to get a new ticket since I was in town for a conference and would be using the lot for multiple days. The app did not provide information that it did not offer the same service as using the pay machine on site and resulted in a shorter daily parking window (expiring at 3 am instead of 11 am). Due to this, I received a boot ($75 to get removed). Within 45 minutes of receiving the boot, my truck was then broken in to.

I approached the front desk/registration area to ask if they have had any guests with issues using the ParkMobile app in a similar manner that I had. I explained the situation and was told that they weren't sure how to handle the situation. The desk attendant said she needed to speak with her manager and went through a door behind the desk. When she returned she said she wasn't sure what to do and suggested that I speak with the concierge. I asked that she make a note to tell guests that check in needing to use the open pay lot that the ParkMobile app does not allow for hotel overnight parking to help prevent the boot issue for other guests as I would have appreciated being made aware of that when I checked in. She said she was sorry, but that she didn't deal with parking.

I then waited to speak with the concierge and again explained the entire situation. I was immediately given the impression that I was wasting the concierge's time and that he was not paying attention. To illustrate: the concierge proceeded to call the parking lot company, tell them that he had a guest that needed a boot removed and handed the phone to me. When I repeated that I had already had the boot removed, he took the phone back, said "Disregard" and then hung up. He then sighed and asked me what I needed then. I again asked if he was aware of any other guests having a similar situation and explained that I just wanted to make him aware of the issue with the ParkMobile app so that he could possibly prevent another guest from having the same type of unfortunate experience as I had. The concierge shrugged his shoulders, said he didn't know what else to tell me, that it was "like Parking Wars on tv," and then proceeded to work on something else until I walked away from the counter. He was flippant and made me feel that my concern was not valid. I do not often have the opportunity to stay in a hotel with a concierge, but I would have expected at least common courtesy as he works in guest services and represents the hotel. Even a simple, "I appreciate the information and will keep that in mind" would have turned the interaction around.

Side note:
There is no free food or drinks offered in a lounge area (not even a self-serve coffee or tea area). Food is expensive in the hotel and the only complimentary coffee/tea is a small pot in your room with two disposable cups- getting additional cups and coffee was difficult.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors are easier to get to as when conferences are in town the elevator gets bac...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to me and allowing me to follow up with our security department, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Again, I apologize for the incidents that happened regarding parking. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.
Bluffton, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

On a quick get away with my husband (suprise for me ) He booked the a room on the Executive floor , we arrived early to spend the day at the aquarium , after several call to confirm early check in ...we arrived to sorry the room is not ready and won't be for several hours ! Ok we have been on the road for 4 hours its just 11 am REALLY ! We left our bags in the truck and headed out . Getting back to the hotel around 4:30pm now back to the parking garage and up to our room , if this is what the Hilton calls EXECUTIVE i wonder what the regular rooms look like ! UGH .. Now the real problems come to light . The water in the shower backs up in the tub so standing in 5 inches of water is not a good thing ! The A/C heat did not work , No bathrobes as the amenities stated 2 towels the room almost had the feel like someone else had been there, or housekeeping failed to double check . Ok back to the desk "oh sorry " how about we send someone up to take a look . No thank you we would like a new room we are on our way to dinner and waiting on maintenance to show up ruins our plans . With no up grade offer we go back and move to another floor Same CRAPY room .. A/C and heat was working in this room . However in the morning the shower has the same problem very slow drains ! OMG (trust me I checked to make sure the plug was in the correct way) The bed and pillows were fine but for a 275.00 a night sleeping in the Tahoe may have been a better idea ! We have plans to go back to Atlanta very soon . We will be looking for a new hotel =( sorry Hilton

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room and overall stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Hyderabad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed in Hilton Atlanta for an international conference. The experience has been, well, mixed. There is nothing to find fault in- the rooms are nice, the food is decent and the location, prime. The only complaint is that I felt that for the price I was paying, I would expect more "character" in a property and an "experience" rather than a humdrum stay. Do I have any complaints? No. Would I stay there again paying the same price? Maybe not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I appreciate your honest feedback about your experience while staying at our hotel. Your review provides feedback that our hotel team needs to re-evaluate guest needs and meet guest expectation.
Woodstock, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had an excellent stay here. Very nice inside and out. Comfortable beds and nice rooms as well as great ammenities through out the hotel from their restaurants to the tennis court and pool. They had great service in the front and very nice people to help. Also in a good location for every thing downtown and for sports fans. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!