“Comfortable with great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Rates from $69
Ranked #99 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
houston, tx
“Comfortable with great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is well-located for the sports arenas and restaurants. It is an older yet well-maintained facility. The staff was as courteous and helpful as any I have encountered. The kitchen is surprisingly good for such a large hotel. Rooms were comfy, and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Claxton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I guess I will just start at the beginning. Booked a room using Hotwire for the SEC championship game on December 1. We were given the Hilton Atlanta. We arrived around 1pm and were told that Valet parking was full so we had to go around to the parking garage. We came into the hotel and there was literally 50-60 people in the check in line with only 2 people working behind the counter. There was also a "Hilton Honors" check in line with only maybe 4 people in the line and two people working this counter as well.

Stood in line for about 30 minutes, made no progress so we took our bags back out to the car. On the way to the car, I explored how to join Hilton Honors online. It took me about 10 seconds to sign up and register. We went back in, got in the Hilton Honors line and were checked in within 5 minutes.

You would think such a big hotel would be more capable of dealing with large crowds, especially if you know they are expected. Anyway, we were given a double room even though we requested a king. No worries, we could deal with this, but still it is frustrating.

Rooms were small and clean. The room was 82 degrees when we opened the door. Turned on the AC to cool it down but it never really got a good temperature in the room all day/night.

Hotel was decorated very beautifully for Christmas. We were also given a late check out since we were now Hilton Honors guests. (haha) Another plus of joining the program.

The one thing that really bothered me was the "pet friendly" part of this hotel. If I had known they allowed pets, I would have stayed somewhere else. I love pets, don't get me wrong. However, someone on our floor had a barking dog for about 2 hours this morning. I am sure others on the hallway heard the noises, but this person continued to let the dog bark loudly. If you are going to allow pets, maybe there should be a certain spot where you put all of the pet owners and their pets for the night.

One last thought... I stayed at the Hilton Athens a few weeks ago and it was way better than this hotel. They were also booked because of a state conference but they were able to handle things much better. I guess I went in expecting the same level of service but I didn't happen that way. If I have to stay in downtown Atlanta again for an event, I am sorry to report that the Hilton will not be at the top of my list.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. As you stated, we did have a large crowd that weekend, and again we apologize for the level of service you received. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We will also take your comments into consideration regarding our pet policy. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

During a recent business trip, I stayed here. My black iPad cover is not too compatible with dark hotel room night stands. I realized I left it behind while at ATL the evening after checking out. Hotel housekeeping and lost-and-found should be commended for packing it up and shipping it to my home within a few days. Thank you.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Previous guest did not check out in a timely manner so we were forced to wait for another room and were unable to get ready for the SEC game. Restaurant was closed and no bathrooms in executive lounge. Horrible experience and we will definitely be staying at the Omni next time!!!

• Stayed December 2012
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your review, I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel.
Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were in Atlanta for little more than 18 hours so wanted a central hotel, the Hilton certainly was. Self car parking was not cheap ($21) but allowed multiple entries and exits in 24 hours. The rooms were very comfortable and well equipped. However WiFi was only free if you were a Hilton Honours member, seems a bit ol-fashioned to be still charging.

Room Tip: Higher the better for the view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lithia Springs, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Last week, i took my wife on a last minute getaway to the hotel. We were greeted by a very personable hotel clerk. Check-in was a breeze and very timely. The room was very clean because i did a thorough inspection, of bed area amd bathroom. My wife complained that even though the room was clean,it had a small scent like no one has been in the room in a while. As for me, my only complaint was that we did not have any glassware by the bucket to enjoy our libations. All in all, we had a comfortable relaxing time and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our courteous staff and that they made you feel welcome during your getaway. I do want to apologize for the smell your wife experienced during your stay. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guest rooms. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I am working in Atlanta for a long term project, each week changing hotels to find the home away from home. While all hotels have different amenities to offer the number one thing I search for is customer service. This Hilton was excellent from the second that I entered. I was greeted at the door, offered assistance with my bags and then the check in staff was very very helpful. During my week it was the same with every single hotel staff that I came in contact with.

The rooms are comfortable and offer a welcome feeling with the amenities they offer. The on,y complaint I have is the noise you can hear from the hallway because of the space under the door. I solved that mostly the second night with a towel. I also had someone close to me that insisted on slamming their door every time they came in or left.

The restaurant choices were acceptable and the price was in line with the value. For me I prefer a room with a mini refrigerator and will request one next time. This hotel is on my favorites list and I will stay here often.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to be your home away from during your stay here in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Been to Hilton Atlanta? Share your experiences!