I stayed at the Hilton one night for a couple of business meetings. The room was very good. Everything was clean, the bed was quite comfortable, the pillows were excellent. A couple of times I had to take the lid off the toilet tank and jiggle the flush valve to get it to shut off all the way and not make a dribbling noise (means toilet needs new flush valve). Probably 95% of guests would not have even noticed the water dripping noise, but for some reason that is a noise which can bug me when I am going to sleep. A minor maintenance issue.
There were a couple of other things that kept me from giving an "Excellent" rating:
1. The guest room hallways and central atrium area are really gloomy at night. Part of this is lighting and part is design. The atrium has some lounge areas projecting out from certain intermediate floors. But on a Sunday evening in the 8-10 PM range, no one was using those midlevel "landings," and they block the view down to (and sound up from) the ground floor. So it feels walking around like the place is totally empty and it's kind of foreboding.
2. The Trader Vic's and Nikolai's restaurants are not open 7 days a week. Seemed odd to me for an allegedly full service 4 star hotel.
3. Two of the elevators run up the outside of the building. That's cute, and gives you a skyline view, but they are very chilly when the temperature goes down.
I booked via an opaque site and for the price I would not mind if they sent me there again. It's a good hotel but there's nothing really spectacular about it.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Atlanta Hotel
- Hilton Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Atlanta hotel in downtown Atlanta is just blocks to some of the best attractions in the city including the Georgia Aquarium, CNN Center and the Georgia World Congress Center. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is a fifteen minute drive from the hotel. Enjoy the stylish, modern, rooms and great on-site restaurants, including Nikolai’s Roof, and Trader Vic’s. Guests can also take advantage of a complete recreational menu including a fitness center with cutting-edge equipment, outdoor swimming pool, outdoor running track, and tennis and basketball courts. Our convention hotel offers 119,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space with the latest technology for great meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Olotels, Travelocity, Venere, Amex, getaroom.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.