“Efficiency units at their best!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive

You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Hammond Drive, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Formerly Homestead Atlanta/Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #164 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Fredericton, Nb
“Efficiency units at their best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

I stayed at this hotel while in Atlanta on business. My expectation was that I would find a unit with a comfortable bed, a clean kitchen and bathroom and that the staff would be friendly and efficient. I was not disappointed. The staff at check-in were friendly and helpful with directions. I had room #162 which had two comfortable beds and a clean kitchen that included a working coffee maker, microwave, fridge and stove. In the kitchen cupboards I also found dishes for 2 including glasses, cups, bowls and plates. There were eating utensils and dish cloths and towels. There was no mold and no dirt. The room is basic, there is no question. The hotel is easy to reach and provides quick and easy access to highway #285 which is not a toll road and only takes about 20 minutes to reach the airport. I personally like efficiency units when I am going to be away for a few days and this one was perfect for what I needed it to offer. No frills, but all my needs were met.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2005

Stayed here for 3 nights with a Priceline bid of $23/night. Here are some helpful information that I had to figure out on my own:

The hotel provides direction from the airport by way of Highway 400 which is a toll road. (I am not sure how much the toll is.) For those who want to bypass the hotel from the airport, take 85 North to 75 North to 285 East and exit Glenridge, turn left. To Hammond Road, turn right and the hotel is at the signal light on the left hand side slightly behind Publix. If you reached Peachtree-Dunwoody, you have gone too far. (Note: If you heading 285 West, the hotel provides direction to get off of Ashford-Dunwoody but when in actuality, the next exit of Peachtree-Dunwoody is closer)

We were given non-smoking room #152 and it was filled with smoke. The room should have a fully stocked kitchen; however, there were no pots, pans or dishes. The only thing we had was a strainer and a few dinky utensils. There was a coffeemaker with no coffee or tea but we had sugar. The tub was filfthy with mold and the floors were not swept. There were hair in the tub and floors. There is no housekeeping for stays less than 3 days. You can pay for refresh service for $5/day or full housekeeping for $10/day! If you need toilet paper, towels or soap, you can get it from the front desk. Local calls and 800# are free. There was supposed to be a look-up card to make sure that your call is within the local area but it was also missing from the room. As I was checking in, another guest who was checking out complained that her microwave was not working. The one in our room was fine. The bed was old and springy. Overall, the room was terrible. One upside is that we had a red-eye flight arriving at 7am and the front desk staff was able to accommodate us and allowed us to check in early.

The location was very convenient for our needs but we could not air out the smoke in the room and after breathing it for 3 days, it will take us the next 10 years to clear out our lungs of the second hand smoke. There is the Perimeter mall and MARTA rail station if you turn left out of the hotel and head east. We had lunch at Eatzi's "easygoing gourmet" (across from the mall) for less than $10/person and would recommend it. It's like a Trader Joe's/Whole Foods but on a smaller scale with food made to order. We brought back some goods. People on the plane were raving about how it's their favorite place. As I disembarked the plane, the filght attendant made a comment "Oh, I see you have been to Eatzi's". I love finding cheap eats!

• Stayed September 2005
Savannah, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2005

We booked the Homestead Suites last minute for one night through priceline (blind search for a 2-star + property) and ended up feeling very lucky to get something this decent for only $30/night, plus tax!

The property is about 7 years old (according to the front desk staff) but looks brand new from the outside and the rooms are in pretty good repair overall. We started out in a king suite, but the previous occupant had had a pet (they are pet-friendly) and my husband was bothered by the resident smell, though I, frankly, was fine. The queen suite we exchanged it for was in fine shape, though it only had a queen bed and easy chair/ottoman instead of the king bed and sofa in the other room. They offer wireless internet in the rooms for a flat fee of $3.99 for as long as you're there, but we found it unreliable and rather slow, so I guess you get what you pay for there.

We would stay here again--it's out of the hustle and bustle of downtown, but close to it (20 min) if you want to go in, and there is plenty of shopping and good restaurants nearby, in addition to one of Home Depot's Expo Design Centers right down the street (our destination for this particular trip!) If you're looking for a good, inexpensive place to eat dinner, try The Cheesecake Factory, in Buckhead, or Paneras, in Dunwoody, for breakfast or lunch.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive

Address: 1050 Hammond Drive, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Formerly Homestead Atlanta/Perimeter)
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #164 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Atlanta/Perimeter Hotel Atlanta
Homestead Studio Suite Atlanta Perimeter
Extended Stay America Atlanta

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.