“Really good and completely hip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Three is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 3,433 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howell Mill Road
Shelby, North Carolina
“Really good and completely hip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to brunch here after I watched a clip about it on G Garvin's show on the Cooking Channel. They set up the brunch on the hot line that is in the kitchen. So they make the food, turn around and put it on the hot line, and you grab it from there. Can't be more fresh than that. We had some super yummy things... quiche, panini, elvis pancakes. I'm sure you can figure out what's in those. The lemon panna cotta was so yummy! I was sad I didn't haave room for more. Chicken Pot Pie buscuits? Why have I not had these before??? The service was good, considering it was a buffet. The place is trendy, a bit too trendy for my boyfriend. I had to point out the patrons that were less hip than him. I thought it was super fun and not hip in a "we are way too hip for you" attitude. Check it out! It's pretty great. The dude abides.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loud but Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went as a party of five for a business dinner. It is in a big office building conveniently close to I75. You enter via the back door of the building from the car park if you drive there. There are plenty of signs but you do begin to wonder when you turn left to the restrooms and there is the entrance. Anyway we were seated promptly at one of the slightly higher than normal wooden tables. They have nice napkins and but nothing much else to dampen the noise.
The waiter was very friendly and apart from a protracted period of back and forth about how to make a Kir he did a great job.
Food was very good with a lot of local ingredients and good quality fish and beef. We brought our own wine and there is a very modest corkage fee of $10 per bottle.
The only slight negative is the noise that made it hard for our whole table to engage in one conversation.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wonderful meal and service- expensive yes, but so worth it! We met a friend who brought the Eleanor with her..she had great recommendations and didn't disappoint. Try the duck fat fried lamb chops!! Sat outside- wasn't hot or loud..service was above and beyond! Will be back and want to try the sister restaurant- Moss and Turners!

Visited June 2013
Acworth, Georgia
“A really unique place in location and menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Went to Local Three with a group of about 12 people for lunch. Not easy to locate, but once I found my way into the parking deck was no issue. The restaurant is loud and a little crowded but the food was fantastic. I had lamb - BBQ'd and with pita and slaw. Was fantastic though really messy- be prepared. Love it and will return (but with a reservation) or you will wait forever.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The food is good, but I don't understand the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm a bit of an outlier it seems in reviewing this place, but this is my experience. The service was good and the atmosphere nice. However, I don't think the food is as incredible as most, especially given the price. I ordered the carnitas, as did a friend. The menu simply lists the entree with main ingredients, but not enough info regarding the preparation. For example, there is a very popular appetizer, Burger Royale (I think), which is actually beef tartare (raw) but there is no hint to that on the menu. The carnitas are basically chunks of meat with fried grit fritters. The meat was delicious, but it was not at all what I expected considering carnitas are almost always served taco style. My friend's plate had a huge amount of inedible fat on the carnitas. For 20-something dollars, I expected something more. Perhaps it was just the night, but I was not that impressed given most entrees range from 20-upper 30$. There are plenty of Atlanta places I feeling is worth that price, but I didn't get that feeling here. I'm still giving this a "good" rating because the food was pretty tasty (minus the fat), my main complaint is with menu and prices for what you get.

• Visited May 2013