“Good food - great drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, International, Mediterranean, Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Peachtree Hills
Description: Visit Tantra restaurant in South Buckhead which features a contemporary American menu highlighted with the exotic flavors of Persian and Indian cuisine. The menu is crafted by Executive Chef Terry Dwyer and his staff. Popular items include: mussels in roasted pepper broth with chipotle and star anise, lump crab kuku with orange-verjuice sauce drizzled over the top, large plump scallops caramelized in a basil rub with a dried lime beurre blanc to compliment, grilled Australian lamb served with crisp eggplant frites and horseradish-ghost chile aioli.
AtlantaGA
“Good food - great drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was initially dissappointed by the rude bartender that greeted us by throwing a menu across the bar without even saying hello. Ten minutes later (the bar was not that busy) she finally took our order (still without a smile). The drink I ordered actually turned out really well, so I totally forgot about her nasty attitude. We order the Samosas which were fantastic and I had the skirt steak which was a bit over cooked but still yummy. The Sag Paneer (sp?) we ordered wasn't very good but the rice was the best I have ever tasted. Overall I would definitely come back but I would bypass the bar and head to out table. Definitely worth the trip.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Athens, Georgia
“Food is awesome, but service is awfull!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

i want to give a better rating just can't thats how bad the service was.

The food though was very good, and well priced.

Decent cocktails, martinins did not come in a martini glass which is a pet peve of mine.

Salmon was delicious, so the pork!

Very buetiful resturant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Walking into Tantra, the dark floors and grey and red walls make you feel as if you walked into a harem, though the light upholstery contrast the dark colors to give an elegant ambiance. Starting with the hummus and naan bread, the hummus was well made, light flavor, creamy and the naan bread was airy, fluffy and very tasty. I had the grilled lamb sirloin and eggplant frites which was absolutely yummy. White dipping sauce that I could not figure, contrasted the warmth of the sirloin medallions that gave the meat a sweet taste. The rest of my group ordered scallops and the grilled hanger steak. All were well made and seasoned and cooked to perfection so the bites melted in your mouth with flavor. I will definitely be going back to tantra to have more.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not what I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

On the day of the visit, I called to make reservations. I was advised, 600pm or 915pm. I selected the 6pm. We arrived just before 6 and valet promptly took our car. We went inside and were quickly seated. The decor was.....different. Not in a bad way. As we looked around, I noticed one other couple seated. I asked management about why we couldn't have a 7pm. They told us they had several large parties and wanted to make sure the tables were available. Sure enough, around 7, they became busy. The food is inspired from places on the Silk Road. I had the lamb sirloin and my wife had the redfish with clams. Both were very good. I find that very few places can cook lamb, and this place cooks great lamb sirloins. They have awesome mixed drinks ($10). We each had a mixed drink, entree, and shared a dessert and the bill was approximately $80. Not to bad. Keep an open mind, and enjoy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I really wanted to like this place more than I do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife took me here for my birthday. It was Wednesday around 730 and when we went in there was only about 5 tables sat with couples. I'm guessing they do more business on the weekend. The decor was great and the seats were very cushioned and comfortable. The music was fitting but it sounded very monotone and I couldn't get over it. The server was well informed and answered all our questions. We got a mushroom risotto app that just looked like fried leftovers. I got lamb which was great and my wife got tuna on goat cheese grits, not a winner. Try this place but I'm not sure we would go again. Maybe it's just not my taste.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere