“"Good service but an overall disappointing dining experience."” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage Woodfire Tavern Perimeter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #408 of 3,460 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sage Perimeter offers a city chic yet casual atmosphere featuring contemporary American cuisine with global influences. We offer market fresh fish, seafood, hand-cut steaks, chops, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas and burgers all prepared over our live hickory oak woodfire grill.
Alpharetta, Georgia
“"Good service but an overall disappointing dining experience."”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently dined at this location for dinner. It was a nice evening, so I opted for the patio seating. I was in a little bit of a rush, so I was hoping for a swift meal. The service was indeed prompt, and the server was cordial.

There was an insert on the table that discussed some specials. I was intrigued by a few of the tapas plates, but I noticed that the prices on the sheet did not coincide with the menu's listed prices. When I inquired to the waitress, she advised me that the menu prices were correct and that she "didn't know why they printed those numbers."

I opted for an Angus burger, prepared Medium, and the French Onion soup. The burger came out Medium Well, bordering on Well Done. The top of the French Onion soup was noticeably burnt. I am surprised they served it, to be honest, as opposed to re-preparing it.

Due to my schedule, I did not have time for a sendback or re-cook. The server asked how everything was; I responded politely, but was actually quite underwhelmed (it was not her fault.)

The menu prices are actually quite high for what is given, looking back on things.

From everything I have read, it seems like this restaurant is either a hit or a miss for folks. Unfortunately, it was a "miss" for me, and I am not certain that I will return due to the other options in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“GREAT FOOD AND LOVELY ATMOSPHERE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have gone here several times with friends- we especially love the brushetta and their fish is awesome. If you want to stay late on the weekends they have a great DJ that plays a variety of music and the crowd is very diverse which for me is always a great thing-- definitely a great place to check out!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Dissapointed this time!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Attitude counts. Sage is an upscale restaurant in the area and the staff needs to get their head in the game, and need a refresher on communication and customer service.

My wife and took our 25 yr old daughter to Sage to celebrate her recent academic award, and we were so disappointed. Previously, my wife’s B-Day dinner there was terrific and we had vowed to return. Alas, it did not turn out well. Two out of our three orders were wrong. My wife’s salmon salad had to go back as she had requested the salmon on the side, no onions, and dry – with dressing on the side. The replacement salad arrived with the salmon on the side and with no onions, but drenched with what we were told was mushroom sauce (not dry). While the salmon was tasty, she simply did not like and did not eat the salad. My daughter’s chicken salad had to go back as she had requested the chicken on the side. The replacement salad smelled foul and did not taste good, as if the feta or something else had spoiled. She did not want to eat it. By contrast, my French onion soup and Rueben was tasty and I enjoyed it. We told the manager about the issues and we got charged only for the Rueben, soup and the diet cokes.

So, here’s problem. Mistakes happen; orders get screwed up from time to time. But two screw-ups like that at the same table at the same time are unusual at any good restaurant. They do not meet the standards of a top restaurant like Sage. Although they did ask if we wanted something else, the damage had been done and my wife and daughter left disappointed and hungry. There was no apology from the staff for the inconvenience, no invitation to return etc. In fact, except for the waiter telling us to have a good day on giving me the check, they did not speak to us. I sensed an attitude, as if we were just problem customers, and it teed me off. We have never (and would never) try to get free food – ever. As I said – Sage’s staff may need a lesson in communication and customer service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious Tapas and Meals!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not only is the food amazing,but the entertainment is really nice. During the weekdays,they have a Spanish guitar player. After 10pm on weekends,a DJ plays. Stop by during Happy Hour. They have two different dishes daily that are complimentary. I will definitely be back with my girlfriends.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Varied Menu, Good Prices & Services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Impressively varied menu: seafood, meat, sandwiches, salads. Some down home style entrees like meatloaf. Met a client here for a business lunch, quite early, and it was very quiet - which was conducive for discussions. Waiter was excellent, as he allowed us time to talk before ordering. My choice: half/half - soup and sandwich. Soup du jour was portabello mushroom. Tasty but not quite hot. Open face half tuna melt: nice, though the cheese wasn't really melted and the tuna was average on flavor. A giant side of wedge cut fries was unexpectedly included and not wanted or eaten. Overly large portions for what I thought would be a healthy choice. Waste. My associate seemed to enjoy a portabello mushroom and chicken panini. Prices were terrific.

• Visited March 2013