“I DID NOT stay there,but the concierge was AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“I DID NOT stay there,but the concierge was AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Wife stated her for a medical conference, I call the hotel and asked if I could get some chocolate cover strawberry and a bottle of wine sent to her room, the connect with Lee Watson at the concierge desk. I told home what I need and he direct me to the places to call and order and pay for it. he went to go pick them up for me for me and arranged them nice in her room. Order a case of wine, yes a case- her and her 3 friends for 5 days- lol, from Toco Giant Packaging and strawberries from edible arrangements.

It all worked out because of Lee. thank you.

Stayed June 2014
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear 97Harleysftl,
Thank you for the kind words in regards to your experience with our hotel. We are elated to hear about how Mr. Watson was able to come through and help make a memorable experience for you and your wife. We love hearing these success stories, and love sharing them with the rest of our staff. If there is ever anything we can do for you or your wife again in the future, please just say the word. Safe travels and hope to see you again, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We had to make an early doctors appoint at Emory Hospital. This hotel was suggested. We were beyond pleased!
Our room was nice and clean and the food was delicious. Our bed was COMFY!
Located just within walking distance of several places to visit (shopping/food/etc). Our children loved the pool as well. Thank you for a great night!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Lori D,
Thank you for the fantastic five star review of our Atlanta hotel! We are so glad that you and your family were able to enjoy our facilities with your family and that you all had such an enjoyable time. We just hope that you will be back with us soon!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Face it, the only reason you'd probably consider this is for business at Emory or the CDC. So for that, I can't imagine something more centrally located. And it was quite a good deal. The place has a nice "lodge-y" feel about it. The room was quite nice, not run down like some hotels, with a large glass-door shower and comfortable bed. It would have been nice to have an in-room safe, but otherwise parking was convenient underneath the building. I didn't stay long enough to partake of breakfast. If you have business in the area, and don't need to be in Buckhead or downtown Atlanta at a big name hotel chain, then this is for you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear ptbooth,
Thank you so much for the 5 Star review of our Atlanta hotel! We see that you are quite the traveler, so hearing from a road warrior like yourself really helps us plan for the future. You will be excited to hear that we do have safes for the rooms planned for the future as part of some upcoming renovation work. Thank you again and we hope to see you back with us soon!
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

FInd the location for visiting emory student and/or graduation to be the best. FIrst night of our 6 night stay we return after lunch at Emory Point to find we are locked out of our room, the parking garage & the building. No keys worked anywhere. Desk clerk says we are scheduled for room change that afternoon. Now I'm concerned they've given my room to someone else along with our stuff. This was the very clerk who checked us in & verified our 6 night stay. It didn't seem to be an easy fix but we keep our room. So I'm hopeful that this is the end of lockouts. Morning of check out we are locked out of the side building trying to load the car. I report again to the front desk & am assured my new keys will work everywhere. NOT!. I had to stand at the door to let my husband back in as he loaded both of our vehicles. I would stay here again if in the area. Feel very safe, but sure wish more attention was paid to problems like this.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear hatchetsup,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are definitely concerned to hear about your negative experiences and want you to know that we are following up on these issues with our Front Desk and Engineering staff so it does not happen to any of our future guests. We would like to say thank you for taking the time to share it with us, as your feedback lets us know where we have dropped the ball so we can take immediate corrective action. We were glad to hear that the rest of your stay went smoothly, but feel horrible about these two separate key issues. We just hope you will be back so we can make it up to you!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stay at the Emory Conference Center every time I come to the area. My work has frequently taken me to the CDC and my son attends Emory University; the hotel is within walking distance to both. From what I can tell, it is, hands down, the best value and quality in the vicinity. The rooms are well maintained and there are plenty of amenities: business services, pool, gym, pool table, beautiful grounds and free parking. There is a restaurant on site (although there are definitely better places to eat in Atlanta). I would definitely recommend it if you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Susan318,
Thank you for the kind five star review of the Emory Conference Center Hotel! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property here on TripAdvsior, as direct guest feedback is our best "temperature check" on how we are doing. Thank you again and we hope you will be back to visit us again soon!
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great staff, comfortable rooms with refrig, and great location in ATL. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is generous and good value. Lunch and dinner meals very tasty and good variety. Close enough to downtown, but the area offered wonderful walking path and good location to Emory U and CDC.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lorraine M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor. The Emory Conference Center Hotel will take a 5 Star review any day of the week! We are glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and definitely hope that we will be having you back again, soon.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I chose this hotel because it is across the street from the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory. I was also attracted to the photos of the woods surrounding the hotel. Turns out these photos didn’t really do the grounds full justice. This is certainly one of the most physically beautiful places I have stayed. Huge windows and open spaces furnished in natural elements like wood and stone create the feeling that the hotel is a part of the woods all around. I enjoyed walking all over the hotel and its many outdoor spaces, finding reading chairs and benches in beautiful spots. The main garden ends at the Peachtree Creek; so one can sit and listen to the small waterfall, smell the flowers and stare into the dense woods while drinking a cup of complimentary coffee from the coffee bar outside the dining room.

Other reviewers have suggested that room design/décor does not keep up with common areas. Yes, the double queen room looks like many/most other double queen rooms. But I thought the bed linen was prettier than most, the bed reasonably comfortable, the bathroom scrupulously clean, and the wall of windows facing the woods was worthy of the rest of the hotel. There is ample storage (drawers and closet and shelves in the bathroom). The in-room coffee maker is blaah, but there is fresh coffee in the lobby from ~6:30 on.

When booking this room, I tried something new (to me). The hotel encouraged me to request an upgrade to a room with a balcony, but I would not pay for that upgrade unless it were available on the day I checked in. I promised to pay $14/night for this upgrade instead of the $40 I would have paid if I _reserved_ a balcony. As it happens, there was a balcony room available on the day we arrived, and we enjoyed it very much, in part because we felt it was a secret bargain.

Because the purpose of this stay was to explore the area around Emory, we were especially appreciative of the complimentary bike/helmet service. The hotel maintains two bikes for guests to use.

Finally, the website claims that the hotel is located in a network of hiking and biking trails. It most certainly is. From the back door of the hotel, we were able to walk through Hahn Woods and into Candler (Lake) Park. Because of the sheltering trees, we walked briskly for an hour without becoming uncomfortably hot. We saw geese and goslings, a huge rat snake, turtles, a heron and many chipmunks. We could have walked much further if we had wanted to.

I have two relatively minor beefs with the hotel.
1) Breakfast is a choice of two buffets. Continental is $10.95, and American is $13.95. So I paid $11 plus tax for a bowl of granola and yoghurt with berries. It was very good granola, and the berries were very fresh and sweet, but I wished there were an a la carte menu. Next time, I might explore nearby diners or other breakfast options.

2) We stayed in the hotel over the Memorial Day weekend. There were three weddings (one on Saturday and two on Sunday). Weddings are fun, and I enjoyed sharing common areas with bridal party and guests for the most part. But I was irritated when the hotel locked doors out to the balcony overlooking the garden for a few hours for the weddings. All guests (wedding and otherwise) have paid for access to those lovely spaces. If wedding customers want a completely private experience, they should book one of the associated venues on the hotel grounds. If they don’t rent these exclusive spaces, then they should share hotel with all other paying guests. I hope the hotel will rethink the current process.

My daughter and I enjoyed almost every moment of this stay. We found the staff consistently responsive and friendly. I hope to stay here many times in the coming years.

Room Tip: A handful of rooms at the ends of each wing offer balconies.