“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Albany, New York
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Upon arrival and throughout my stay, I was greeted courteously and professionally by staff, who also went the extra mile to help me with moving packages that I had received at the hotel. The room service and restaurant were also very nice. The grounds are quiet, the rooms are clean and the overall ambience in the hotel is great. If you like to stay somewhere that is off the beaten path, but near places such as Emory, then this is the place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments with our entire team.

670 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I went there with our daughter, so she could tour Emory's Public Health School for her Master's Degree acceptance. This is a very well kept secret. It is as good as any hotel where I have stayed in the Atlanta area -- which include Buckhead, Downtown and the GA400 and I85 Corridors. It is very quiet and has a campus/residential feel. However, it is close to Emory and the CDC, but not much else in the way of business access to 85, etc. Traffic on the two lane streets getting in and out was pretty heavy. Definitely recommend staying here.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel offers an incredible experience from their attentive, friendly staff to the great architectural design. The hotel is always clean and is a great value. I have stayed here 4 times in the last 2 years. 3 times were for business and the last time for a family trip. The staff remembers your names and goes out their way to make you feel at home. The food in the Club Room and the Dining Room is a good value and very tasty. The lobby offers a fun atmosphere for all ages, from the piano, to the pool table, to the great open fire place. The grounds are beautiful and tranquil. It is also located pretty conveniently to downtown and other amenities in the Atlanta Metro area but also provides a safe family friendly environment. The Bolwling alley was a blast as well!

Room Tip: I have stayed in 4 different rooms, on both sides of the hotel and found them all to offer the same...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Montclair, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel is best for visiting the campus of Emory U., but even with the lovely architectural details, there are no great amenities. There is a jitney that will take you within a 2 mile radius from the hotel, i.e. to an area hospital, the Emory campus or to the CDC. The dining room is poorly managed, and the food is adequate but not that tasty. Lighting in the hotel rooms are so poor that you can't read.

Room Tip: Plan to stay close the the east elevator--the south elevator does not take you close to the main lob...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always looking for suggestions to improve our food and beverage experience that our customers feel are very important. We will share all your comments with our entire team and continue to focus on the areas you have mentioned in your feedback.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I recently visited our son at Emory University and so enjoyed our stay at the Emory Conference Center. We had a well appointed room with a lovely view. It was clean, stylish and quiet. The customer service at this hotel is always above and beyond, especially the Concierge. We enjoyed relaxing outside by the fire pit. There are many choices in Atlanta, but we find ourselves returning to the ECC!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We traveled to Atlanta to visit our daughter at Emory for Easter weekend. The hotel is close to Emory and Emory Pointe, a new shopping/dining destination. After dinner we enjoyed the bar/lounge area with daughter and friends. It's a nice place to relax with great, friendly service. Our room was clean and sufficient. The beds were very comfortable and the towels and toiletries were better than average.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I just returned from a 2 day conference at Emory.
This hotel is situated in a really beautiful, wooded area. I didn't have much time to explore the area, but the views were nice. The architecture of the convention center is very cool. It reminded me a bit of Frank Lloyd Wright's falling water.
The main thing I liked about this hotel were the people. In two days at any hotel, you interact with lots and lots of staff and I did not encounter a single person who didn't have a smile or a kind word. Just might have been the friendliest staff I've ever seen, anywhere. Management can tell people to be nice, and you get nice people, but I'm a cynic and I always detect a hint of fake niceness. These folks were just nice folks. Not an act, they've simply hired super nice people and they all seemed happy so somebody is treating them well. So bravo to whomever hires and retains staff

This is a conference center hotel, not a luxury resort. most people are there on business I expect. that being said, It wasn't cold or impersonal as are most hotels of this type. The decor was nice, the rooms were nicely sized and very clean.
The restaurant/bar was large and had great food ( the pulled pork with the carolina style BBQ sauce as well as the cheeseburger---both excellent)
The fitness center was very nice indeed. The equipment was in great condition and there was plenty of it. I had a chance to get in a half hour run on the treadmill during the first half of my lunch and it was a nice experience
The conference food areas were really well stocked. Free water, soft drinks , nice coffee in real coffee cups, not paper or styrofoam. Also lots and lots of snacks, treats and munchies etc. Pretty unusual for conferences which usually have crap coffee and nothing else

since no place is perfect, here are my complaints

the restaurant/bar upstairs did not open until 3 PM. I know everybody is there on a conference, and they are all eating at the conference or downstairs restaurant.BUT if you happen to be one of those conference attendees........who might just want to skip the afternoon session to drink beer and watch March madness which starts at noon ( I'm not naming any names or saying that this was me in particular........just using an example of the random conference attendee who wants to blow off the afternoon and sit at the bar...) You get the point. Might be nice to open a bit earlier.
my room was pretty dark. Even with all of the lights on, the light was kind of poor.
There was no TV guide. I have no idea what channel is what, so a guide is helpful
I don't remember seeing a wifi signal available, but I was OK on my 4G. I did see some media center, but I didn't need to check it out
I took a cab to and from Hartsfield so I didn't care about parking but to note, parking looked a bit limited and it isn't on the MARTA line

This is all nit picking but this one bugged me

the convention center is a big maze of hallways and I have NO IDEA at first where my conference was. I just wandered into the void and after 6 or 7 minutes I came upon my area.
A map at the top of the stairs with a legend of conference rooms and also a list of conferences and where they are located would be VERY helpful. I would like to see this posted the night before, so when somebody lands at night they can sort of see where they have to be early in the morning and this alleviates any anxiety about wondering where the Hell they are supposed to be at 730 AM

All in all, a very pleasant stay. I would not hesitate to return for future conferences at this place

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Emory Conference Center Hotel? Share your experiences!