“Great Hotel...Especially for Nursing Moms!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30329   |
Ranked #8 of 176 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Suffolk, VA
“Great Hotel...Especially for Nursing Moms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First, I think my original review of this hotel was never posted. So I hope I can due it justice since it's been a few months. I stayed here on a business trip for 2 nights. I am not sure the cost of the room, but if you are visiting Emory University or the CDC you can't beat it's location. The rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet. The hotel is easy to find using public transportation. I am not from the Atlanta area and I was able to navigate MARTA and the bus route to be dropped off very close to the hotel.
Now my glowing review is for the staff at the hotel. During my stay I was a nursing mom. I emailed the hotel prior to arriving to ask if there was a place I could store my expressed milk. They emailed me back promptly and told me that a mini-frig would be put in my room. When I arrived the staff was so kind and welcoming. They told me my refrigerator was in my room already chilled in case I had milk I needed to store right away. They also informed me of a "meditation room" that I could use to pump if I was unable to get back to my room for convenience. As a new, nursing mom I can not begin to tell you how wonderful it was to have a hotel willing and able to accommodate the needs of a breast-feeding mom. KUDOS to Emory Conference Center Hotel and if I'm ever back in the area I will stay here again. Nursing or not :)

Room Tip: I had a room that faced the garden. It was beautiful and very, very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jessica M
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your gracious host. We are delighted that we were able to make you feel at home (away from home) at will share all your wonderful comments with our entire team here at the Emory Conference Center.

Calhoun, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of attending an annual gathering of friends at the Emory Conference Center Hotel over the weekend, and would have been surprised at the great experience if I hadn't already come to expect consistent greatness from the Emory staff. In all of my visits, I have not come across any Emory staff that was not extraordinary, and it's so good to see many of them year after year. Some who come to mind are Leotis, Gordon, Ronnie, and Christine.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gnicchee
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent return trip back to the Emory Conference Center Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We will share all your comments with our entire team.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here during a conference at the Emory Conference Center. I can't imagine staying at this hotel for any reason other than a function at the conference center, university, or hospital. It's just a random area and not in the best proximity to much else in Atlanta. It is a great hotel, the rooms are very nice and spacious. The temperature control is great. The bath products aren't the best - probably sufficient for most men, but women would probably want a better shampoo and conditioner. The rooms aren't very well lit - there are two bedside lamps, a desk lamp, and a floor lamp - so in the evening when it was dark it was hard to guage what was where and how I looked before going to events. The beds are very comfortable - great pillows! TVs are nice and easy to use. Cleaning staff was really nice. Leotis the bell hop/concierge was the nicest man ever and is very dedicated to his clients - he deserves a lot of credit for making the hotel look very customer oriented.

Room Tip: Because this hotel is mostly a business hotel, it seems like there generally aren't loud groups...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and picked this hotel as our wedding hotel due to the proximity to our rehearsal dinner and to the actual wedding. We were also given a post wedding brunch by some friends and family at the hotel.

The hotel was wonderful and the staff was even better! We could not have asked for a better experience. From the beginning, we worked with Ljerka Bilbija on the room block and she was invaluable to the brunch hostesses. She could not have been easier to work with during the year leading up to our wedding. She was always just a phone call away and always willing to do whatever we needed. Once on property, we were blown away by the staff. One notable staff member was Larry who singlehandedly moved us into our rooms, including the hospitality room, and singlehandedly moved all of us out with minimum fuss and stress. This is a man who knows how to handle a bride and her party.

I would recommend this property to anyone planning a wedding or attending an event in the Atlanta Area.

Room Tip: Stay Here!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for all the wonderful comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you were looking to host a conference in the Atlanta area, this venue ticks all the boxes, very well organised, food was very good, and the facility has lots of good options. Setting is also really nice, about 30min from the airport and 10min from Atlanta city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted that we had the opportunity to host your third visit to the Conference Center. We will share your comments with our entire team.
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This has become our absolute favorite hotel in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a great hotel and staff. They have been helpful and accommodating. This is an excellent place to stay for Emory University and Emory Hospital activities. We would highly, highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us, we are so delighted that we had the opportunity to be your host.
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is great! It was so much more than I expected from a conference hotel. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. Also, the room was spacious and sparkling clean. The room was quiet and we had a good sleep. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you from the entire staff for the wonderful feedback. We will share your comments with our entire team.