“Conference required....great stay for all but room!” 3 of 5 stars

Emory Conference Center Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30329   |
Ranked #6 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
“Conference required....great stay for all but room!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Required to stay here for a week long conference....one of the best appointed conferences in relation to the daily buffets, snacks between sessions, and comfort of lobby, session rooms, gardens, and breakout rooms; individual rooms (I stayed in East Tower) however are sadly sad....trying to be "southern hospitality" but falling short; of course, most of time not spent in room when at conference but I would like to have retired to a nicer room at end of day; bed was comfy and free wifi was speedy but bathroom was not clean (stain on toilet seat that housekeeping could not remove!) and carpet left me always wearing socks/slippers around. We had bowling nite which was fun and service staff were always pleasant and helpful. I had room "service" my first day of arrival but nothing on the in-room menu was available; albeit when the food arrived (after a lengthy discussion with the kitchen staff of what was/was not available) it was plentiful and tasty; I would come here again for conference but maybe ask for a remodeled room....if they are available...

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room....I heard rumors the West Tower had nicer rooms....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. Yes, the conference center did indeed add an additional 127 guest rooms back in May of 2009 but all our rooms are appointed exactly the same. However, our sincerest apologies for the service failures that you experienced during your stay. We take great pride in maintaining a high level of service and indeed pride ourselves in our "Southern Hospitality" We will take all your comments and share them with our entire team. We look forward to having the opportunity to be your host should your travel plans bring you back to the Emory area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Ann Arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We used the Emory Conference Center for a course we ran and can't say enough how good the facilities and staff are. The meetings rooms are great, the buffet breakfast and lunches are outstanding and if you ever need anything the staff is incredibly helpful. I would recommend the ECC for work or pleasure. The bowling alley for our reception was a huge hit!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a recent visit to Emory University. Based on previous Trip Advisor comments, we were expecting good things. While our expectations were mostly met, we do have a few gripes.

Starting with the negatives, I found our room to be dated and dusty. We had stained sheets and debris on the carpets. Even the carpets outside of our room was in dire need of vacuuming.

One thing we didn't notice on our floor: people/other hotel guests. We noticed right away how quiet it was on the 5th floor. Aside from us, no one entered or departed the elevator from the 5th floor. What a strange feeling to exit the elevator and walk past room after room, and later discover you are the only guest on the floor. The hotel was far from full. Go figure!

We both agreed that the food (restaurant, lounge and room service) was the best feature of this hotel. As an Emory Alumni, my husband really wanted to stay here. Needless to say, he was a bit disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We will certainlty take all yuor comments into consideration as we always contiune to look for way to provide a memorable experience for all our guests. We would welcome the opportunity to be your host again in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent four years across the street from the Emory Conference Center, but it wasn't until I came back into town for a wedding that I had ever been to the Conference Center. It was more than I could have hoped for. Not only were the rooms large, well decorated, and comfortable, but the setting is beautiful. I was even able to borrow a bike to ride into the neighboring forest (Lullwater). Next time I'm in Atlanta, I'm definitely heading straight for the Conference Center and staying in one of their wonderful rooms. Oh yeah, it's also an environmentally responsible hotel earning LEED certification for its recent expansion.

Room Tip: While we overlooked the circle driveway, it was still quite quiet. If you can get a room overlooking...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest feedback.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went out of my way--literally--to stay at the Emory Conference Center Hotel after a good experience at a reunion two years ago. The location put me a little farther from family I was visiting, but the setting is hard to resist. Set back in the woods in the Emory University-CDC area, the hotel felt like a getaway, all the moreso because we hit Indian summer and peak fall color. There may be a little dichotomy in identity. It is after all a "Conference Center," and clearly caters to meetings and events. There isn't a lot of touchy-feely service ambience despite the warm Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired architecture. Despite that, I can totally see this hotel as my default accommodation whenever I am in Atlanta. We are already looking forward to staying here for a wedding in town next fall and perhaps Christmas 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for all the wonderful commentsabout your recent stay. We are delighted that you aloowed us the opportunity to be your gracious host.
Dallas, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first time to stay at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were helpful and friendly, parking was a breeze, and the comfort of the room was a pleasant surprise. I don't usually travel well, or sleep my first night at a hotel. But I had no trouble getting to sleep and did not wake up until morning. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Always ask for nonsmoking rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for alowing us to be your gracious host. We will share your comments with our entire team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The staff was welcoming and friendly. The room was impeccably clean. The food at the clubhouse was very good. The workout room and pool were also very nice. Great hotel, definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feddback with us.

Been to Emory Conference Center Hotel? Share your experiences!