“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Georgia, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first time to stay at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were helpful and friendly, parking was a breeze, and the comfort of the room was a pleasant surprise. I don't usually travel well, or sleep my first night at a hotel. But I had no trouble getting to sleep and did not wake up until morning. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Always ask for nonsmoking rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for alowing us to be your gracious host. We will share your comments with our entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The staff was welcoming and friendly. The room was impeccably clean. The food at the clubhouse was very good. The workout room and pool were also very nice. Great hotel, definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feddback with us.
Summerville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my second stay here. The first was not bad and the room I had stayed in was nice. This time around different story. Had to retreat to my room after a large crowd who were a bit loud came into the bar and decided to make the place their own party. I returned to my room and went to sleep for the night, or I thought I would. Around 2:30 in the morning I woke up to the guests in the next room, who dropped something on the floor that I could hear it. Not only did I hear that but I was lucky enough to hear them having sex! So after about 30 minutes I attempted to go to sleep, closed my eyes to be waken again to the same guest SNORING so loud that I thought that person was in the same room as me! Either 1. The walls on that side of the building were so thin that you can hear everything through them, or 2. Since it was adjoining doors they may have decided to open their side so I can be disturbed.
Advice, if you are staying here make sure its a room with NO adjoining doors! Needless to say the next morning my 4 1/2 hr ride home became 6 hrs because I had to keep pulling over from exhaustion!
PS: The room was on the third floor

Room Tip: 1. Don't get a room with adjoining doors if you don't have too!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We will share your comments with the appropriate members of our team and continue to look for ways provide all our guest with clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient accommodations here at our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had visited Emory Conference Center for Emory reunions..Emory at Oxford, Emory and Emory Medical School...always a wonderful experience. When we learned that a nephew would be married in Atlanta in October of 2012, we planned to make our reservation and recommended it as the family destination for the weekend festivities. And so it was. Twenty plus family members..ages 16 to 89 (from Az.,Tx., Pa, NH, NY. DC and Cape Cod) spent one, two or three nights as guests of Emory Conference Hotel. Our lofty praise proved worthy......all expectations were exceeded. The architectural genius of Frank Lloyd Wright,
in a beautiful natural setting within the city of Atlanta, with almost any need just a shuttle ride away. Amazing!

Room Tip: We have been comfortable where ever we've been.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for all the wonderfull comments. We are delighted you enjoyued your stay.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently tagged along with my husband last weekend. He was there for a conference, and I have family in Atlanta, so I knew I could keep myself busy. The hotel had a nicely -sized indoor pool with nice, warm water, along with a jacuzzi. Padded chairs along the pool, along with plush towels, made for an enjoyable and relaxing time. Just on the other side of the pool is also the exercise room and lockers and washrooms with showers for those who wish to change before starting their day.
Also nearby the hotel is a wonderful walking path is a wooded area which includes a small lake.

The hotel itself has a Prairie-Style feel, with Prairie-Style furnishings in the public areas. There is a nice Club Room, which is an area that offers lunch, dinner, a bar, and area by a fireplace to sit and have a drink. Food offering were good. The hotel also offers an informal dining room which serves either ala-carte or buffet meals. The lunch and breakfast buffets were quite the value!

Rooms were a nice size, with comfy chair and ottoman, along with a desk. Bathroom had only one sink, and a combined shower and tub.

Staff at the hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful. My only complaint, which keeps this from being rate 5 stars was that all of the public areas were too cold for me to sit comfortably.

This is definitely the place to stay if you are needing to be by Emory College.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you sharing your recent experience with us. We will share all your comments with our entire staff.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was on a business trip attending a conference at the Emory Law School. This hotel was recommended, and I am glad I went there. If you like brass, flash, fountains, decadence, retail levels and noise, this is NOT your hotel. If you like the quiet elegance of Frank Lloyd Wright, sincerely friendly staff, impeccably maintained rooms, good food all without sacrificing comfort, service, safety, and efficiency then book here. PS the heating and AC are virtually silent but nevertheless effective.

Room Tip: The usual rules apply: stay away from elevators, ice rooms. Some rooms have generous balconies over...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We are delighted you allowed us to be your gracious host. We will share all your comments with our entire team.
Sudbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located near Emory's campus with a complimentary shuttle service. (I have a daughter who is a freshman, so this is such a great feature...no need to look for campus parking!)The rooms are clean, comfortable. The lobby is warm and inviting, the outdoor spaces are tranquil...very Zen. The hotel/restaurant staff were all friendly, accomodating and truly welcoming.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest feedback.

Been to Emory Conference Center Hotel? Share your experiences!