“Two Nights at the Marriott Gateway.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Rates from $109
Ranked #10 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Boston, MA
“Two Nights at the Marriott Gateway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I were in Atlanta visiting the kids and grandkids on September 29th and 30th. As usual we booked the Gateway because it is on the tramway line and saves the need for a shuttle bus to bring you to and from the airport.

We booked ahead and did our first virtual check in via my smartphone. We arrived about 10:00p.m. and checked in. Our room was already carded and my Visa was holding the room. We just were handed the keys and were on our was to the 7th floor.

The room was a large corner room. Our request for non-feather pillows was honored and the room was perfect.

We spent only sleeping time at the hotel this time so we only had a complimentary breakfast which was very nice.

Checkout was a breeze and we'll be back in a couple of months.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

508 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I spent one night here before flying out the following morning. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated and the hotel looks fairly new. I ordered room service for dinner and their She-Crab soup is fantastic and meal in itself. The concierge lounge is pretty standard for a Marriott and breakfast was niece with choices of eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fresh fruit, pastries, cold cereal, and bagels, and good coffee.
You can walk right to the train which takes you to the airport or I think there is shuttle as well. One item which did detract was that the linens seemed worn and there were a couple of holes in the duvet cover and sheets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

As far as airport hotels go, this one is pretty nice all around. Check in/out was easy, the room was clean and the business center with Delta check-in kiosk was very convenient. It was alsi getting to and from airport. Note: bathroom tiles and bathtub are both slick (adhesive duck deficiency).

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leuven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Very clean hotel, with nice staff at front desk, bar & restaurant helping you with all your questions. Nice choice for breakfast as well, I can definetely recommend the pancakes & the buffet. The lady at the bar even adjusted my drink to adapt it to my taste (after I told her I just took the drink - ice coffee, vanilla flavour - to try something new but didn't really like it after all). Really appreciated!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Free train to and from airport . No traffic no noise .. Hotel was very clean .. Very new and nice. The gym was great. The executive lounge wa really nice and the food good. Best cupcakes I have had in a while . My new favorite when needing a room near ATL .

• Stayed September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is only a review of the front desk. We did not stay at this Marriott but dealt with a front desk staff member.

We planned on staying at the Marriott hotel at the Atlanta airport after flying from the southwest and arriving at night. I booked accommodations at the Airport Marriott a few months ago and upon arrival at ATL we took the Skytrain to the hotel. When I went to the front desk and told the staff member my name he said that there was no reservation for that name. After several minutes of staring at his computer he once again stated that we did not have a reservation and they were overbooked for the night. I told him again the confirmation number and he kept saying that we did not have a reservation. After going back and forth he mentioned that our reservation might be at the Atlanta Airport Marriott which was about a mile or so away. This hotel is the Marriott Gateway Atlanta Airport. I was unaware there were two full service Marriott hotels the Atlanta airport. In order to get there we had two options: take the Skytrain back to the airport and call the Marriott Atlanta Airport shuttle or take a cab to the hotel, which is what we opted to do. He directed the bellhop to call us a cab. We were informed the Marriott shuttle would not pick us up at this hotel.

The staff member really failed to provide professional customer service all the way around. His attitude made me feel like I made a really stupid mistake (but I found out from the other Marriott where we stayed that it happens all the time at both hotels) He should have called the other Marriott and made sure we had a reservation but he did not. It was obvious he just didn’t want to deal with us. Shame on this Marriott for having such an individual representing their hotel at the front desk.

The good news is that our experience at the Marriott Atlanta Airport was outstanding in every aspect. I posted a separate review of that hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for a convention (International Missionary Convention) a couple years ago, and it was really good, until we checked out. Our group had to leave our bags in one of the "back rooms" and when we got them, my girlfriend's bag with a pillow and candy was gone. The staff said we probably didn't leave it there but we did. It was candy and a pillow so we didn't make a big deal, but hopefully someone else won't be missing something of value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!