“Great service and unbeatable location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
ATL Fall Rates from $109
Ranked #10 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great service and unbeatable location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a one-night stopover here at the airport in between 2 international flights last July 2013. Unbeatable location: hotel has a direct connection to the airport train. That's what we love, as Europeans. The friendly service we received was like we were regulars, even though it was our first visit. This is a very quiet and modern hotel of world class quality. You forget that you are actually in an airport hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had a one-night stopover here at the end of a July 2013 trip to the Georgia mountains. This is a very clean, modern hotel of world class quality. Very convenient for the airport transportation and very quiet, which I attribute to the solid construction. All the doors feel heavy and solid and the windows are heavily soundproofed. Even the AC/Heating unit is quiet and efficient. The double queen room was not huge, but fine for a family of 4 for one night. Comfortable beds. The kids enjoyed the pool and well-equipped exercise room. Complimentary appetizers and deserts were served at the concierge level, which has a great view of the 'planes. Good quality stuff too - an excellent garlic chicken, good cheese plate. A glass of wine was reasonably priced. Given the quality in the concierge room, we opted to try the restaurant rather than search for somewhere to eat. The food was pretty good, ample, well-prepared, and very cheerfully served. In fact, this was a common feature of the staff - smart, well-trained, and very polite and helpful. Business facilities were very good - a comfortable workspace in the room with good comms. I used to be a frequent business traveler and have stayed in rooms upwards of $500 per night. The Gateway was as good as any that I have stayed in and I recommend it to the traveling businessman or family alike.

Room Tip: No noise issues even in the airport-facing intermediate floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night and it is a very nice hotel. Carpet looks a little goofy but the rooms and bathrooms looked great. Everything was modern looking and clean and worked as it should. I was disappointed to see that there was ample parking and yet they charged $18 to park. The front desk seemed very friendly at check in. No complaints there. I did wish the sports bar stayed open past midnight on a Friday night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a week at this hotel for business. The staff was always on top of everything and made sure my visit was a great one. From the great customer service at the reception desk to the maid who took care of my room I never had to worry about a thing so after I finished with business it was a great place to relax. The location was also a big plus, very convenient.. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't bring your hair dryer... they provide them!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta,Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Tom and I stayed at the Marriott Gateway Hotel the night before flying to Mexico. I bid for an airport hotel room on Priceline and the Marriott was what we got.

We were SO lucky!!! I can't say enough about how well we were treated at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway Hotel. As most everyone knows, the staff can make or break your hotel experience.

When we were checking in, I mentioned that we were celebrating our trip before flying out. With a big smile, the young man checking us in waived the $18.00 parking charge. He also gave us a card allowing us to use the concierge lounge. We were tired and it was pouring. What a treat it was to not have to go our again for dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed the excellent BBQ sandwiches, Bruschetta, fruit, cheeses and deserts. Drinks are not complimentary. The excellent glass of wine that I had was well worth the price. Thank you Marriott!!!!

There was a large convention going on, yet every staff member had a smile. The way that the lobby and bar area is configured, it did not seem crowded. The whole area is very stylish.

As would be expected our room was both well appointed and comfortable. The shower in the bath was great.

We didn't use the shuttle train as we were going to the international terminal. It would have been so convenient. It runs every few minutes.

I don't believe that this Marriott has an outdoor pool. For that reason, it may not be as good for families as some other airport hotels. However, if you are flying out, or are lucky enough to have a conference there, this hotel can't be beat!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I've traveled to many US cities, including NYC last month, and many in Italy, Greece, and Turkey. The Atlanta airport is as large as a city, but with terrible signage. It took me 30 minutes of walking, asking directions multiple times, and was so focused on trying to find Marriott Gateway in ATL, I forgot to pick up my suitcase! When I got to my room and realized, I ran down to the lobby. At the lobby desk, Chastity Wallace had the biggest smile so I went to her and asked for help. She went to a back room, and came back to tell me a shuttle driver would help. With a smile and understanding, he calmed my nerves, drove me to the airport luggage area, showed me where to find my bag and waited for me. It took less than 15 mins for us round trip. I am so impressed by the attitudes of the staff, they were my knights in shining armoire last night!
The room was so quiet, you'd never know it was next to the airport. Immaculate, comfortable, worth the cost.

• Stayed July 2013
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review about your stay with us and the team here at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway. I am very sorry to hear about the difficult time you had finding your way to the hotel. This is certainly not the first impression that we want you to have of our great city of Atlanta and we want your arrival experience to be smooth and stress-free. I am very pleased to see that our team was able to alleviate the anxiety that you were feeling and able to accommodate you by assisting with your luggage. I'm glad you were able to see how our team doesn't look at customer service as a business or even as a learned skill, rather it's part of who we are and taking care of our guests and each other is what we do.
I sincerely thank you for sharing your comments and recognizing the individuals that assisted you. I will certainly celebrate their actions with the rest of the team to help further sustain the positive culture that we have here. All the best!
Wauwatosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting. Very convenient to the airport, just a short shuttle train ride. Every employee I met, from cleaning staff, to front desk, to wait staff, was very friendly and polite. This speaks to a good training program and attention to detail. If you need to have a meeting where people can get in and out conveniently, this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive review from your stay with us last week. It's great to hear you mention the convenience of the SkyTrain as a fast and efficient way to get between the hotel and the airport. It's even more rewarding to read your comments about our excellent staff we have here at our hotel. When you have a team that performs like ours, it's so rewarding and it fills me with an overwhelming sense of pride. They are what make the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway so successful and helped us achieve the honor of being named 2012 Hotel of the Year among all of the Marriott hotels in the Americas.

Again, thank you for your kind word and we hope you come back and see us the next time your travels take you to Atlanta, whether business or pleasure. All the best!

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!