“Classy, Nice and huge” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Classy, Nice and huge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went here for our family reunion with over 300 guest and this hotel had more than enough room to accomidate all of us. Awesome resturant on site. great security and plenty of amenities! Loved it. We had a wonderful time and I suggest this hotel for anybody in the airport area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I don't need to say much but this hotel is a gem. Wonderful find! My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was absolutely lovely. We are gold and used a free night cert. so that made it even better, but I would be happy to pay for this hotel. The service was great as we were greeted by very friendly staff. The hotel is new and quite modern. The only downside was that once you get off of the airport's skytrain (which only takes a few minutes from the airport), you do have to walk from the elevator on the ground floor/outside to the hotel entrance. Since you have to round a corner, it can feel a little bit unsafe if you are alone at night. It is well lit though and the entrance is just a few feet away so it's not bad at all. I just don't like not being able to see what's ahead of me in all areas these days when I walk. Don't let this deter you though, cause the hotel is worth it and you will be very pleased. The restaurant next door to the hotel is new and looks like a nice sports bar although we didn't have time to try it. The grounds of the area around the hotel are very clean and nice, however, there doesn't seem to be much else around the immediate area. The skytrain from the airport is convenient and free and quick. I love this hotel and will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited this hotel for a business meeting. The rooms were adequate and the hotel overall has nice, modern facilities. The staff seemed very attentive to our mid-size group and the housekeeping staff reminded me as I exited my room, to make sure I had all of my chargers (thank you!). Food was tasty (no rubber chicken). Fitness center is large and has many different types of cardo and weights. Only suggestion is that for women travelers, a magnifying mirror would be a nice touch to the bathroom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Upon arrival, we were told that the hotel had no room for us. Instead they sent us across the street to the Springhill Suites. We reserved concierge level at the Marriott specifically to have the amenities of the Marriott. The Spinghill Suites had none of those amenities. Had I wanted to stay at the Springhill Suitres, I would have reserved there. The Marriott did comp our room at the Sprinhill. However, we had to walk across the street to get a couple of basics, like bottled water. Had I wanted to walk for the basics, I could have reserved many places other than this Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montgomery
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed one night for a cheer competition and it was very clean, and affordable. The rooms were clean with good beds and just what you would expect. I would recommend the breakfast buffet. Bar in the lobby for adults and small in-door pool for the kids.

• Stayed January 2013
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here and the service is still as good as the first time, The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable as were the public areas. The staff are very freindly and nothing is too much trouble. The sky train to the airport and rental car centre is close by and easy to get to from the hotel.
If you are travelling to/from the new International terminal to/from the hotel be advised that the skytrain does not go all the way to the terminal. However, there is a shuttle from the international terminal to the skytrain station.

This is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in and we would stay here again if we were travelling through Atlanta

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel is located right off the sky train at the ATL airport.I should note there is also a Farifield Inn ( I think, it was another Marriott brand) across the street from this one. The lobby is really pretty and nice. There is a sports bar/ restaurant as well that is nice. Our room was typical high quality Marriott room. We flew in the night before and had an early flight out of ATL the following morning and this was the best way to make sure we did not miss our connection. Best of all, the room was under $100 for the night. Overally, highly recommend and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 27 in College Park
4.0 of 5 stars 559 reviews

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!