“Exactly what we expected” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #10 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GA
“Exactly what we expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We needed one night at the ATL airport and this hotel was perfect for us, as senior travelers. From the moment of arrival until we left, everyone was professional and charming, the public areas were a delight and Room 325 was perfect. We will stay again, to awaken refreshed, ready to travel. The Skytrain is convenient, too. Room service was also very good!

Room Tip: Just let them know what you'd like when you make the reservation. They're very accommodatin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for great service and location, look no further. From the moment you enter the front door the staff is doing everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. If you are a frequent traveler they do a great job remembering your name and preferences. The concierge level has the best service of any Marriott I have visited. Make sure and stop in during the morning and Joyce will make sure you are ready for the day!

• Stayed December 2012
Roberta. Ga. U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughter and I flew in from Dublin via JFK to Atlanta and were just exhausted, ready for a good rest. We were welcomed with that lovely southern charm and check in was a breeze. Our room was perfection, clean and welcoming. The beds and linens were so nice that we both had such a good nights sleep. The next morning we enjoyed our included breakfast and again it was just wonderful. Excellent food and good service. I would not hesitate to stay at the, Marriott Gateway again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Needed a hotel for one night near Atlanta Hartsfield for a recent business trip and ended here. Easy 3-minute ride on the Skytrain from the airport; efficient check in staff; and the room was large, clean and bathroom great. Good services in the lobby. Highly recommended if you need somewhere near the airport.

Room Tip: My room on the 6th floor was fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had a great experience with this hotel. As I departed the airport tram from the rental car facility, a Marriott employee greeted me at the elevator, asked if I was checking in. Yes. Had me on a list of guests and wished me a pleasant stay. It was soon obvisou that this person had communicated my whereabouts to the hotel. As I walked into the lobby I was greated by the front staff with iPads in hand, greeted my by name and handed me my room key. Gave me a quick tour of how to find the restaurants, bar and concierge lounge. Incredible.The service didn't end there. The young man serving the concierge lounge loved his job and so happy to help everyone. I was craving some mixed nuts with my beer but non were out. He rushed back and got me some mixed nuts.

The rooms was very nice, well decorated and had a big 42" tv. And for those that read my other reviews, I checked on the Iron. YES! It has the burst of steam feature. Ordered some room service, it was quick and delivered by another friendly and personable young man. Clearly the hotel management has done a great job training the staff to provide the highest possible service.

Could there be achilles heel with this hotel? Unbelievably it was the bed. Not real comfortable and you could hear and feel springs. The pillows were great as was the comforter. But woke up with a sore lower back which never happens. No big deal, different beds for different people.

Can wait to come back to enjoy the great service and luxury.

Room Tip: Get a room on the concierge floor. Its worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greer, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I found it very nice with one small exception. Our room was large enough, clean and comfortable. It had a safe, coffee maker, etc.. The lobby was nice as we're the restaurant and lobby bar. Our food in the restaurant was good and the service was very fast.

The convenience to the car rental and domestic terminal is fantastic.

My only complaint would be that their free Internet is only available in the lobby, bar, and restaurant. Having to pay for in room Internet is a knock against the property.

The pluses out weigh the one minus so we would go back if connections called for a ATL hotel. By the way I have stayed at several ATL hotels, mostly Hilton Honors properties, but for me this is better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Although this appears not to be a old hotel, the decor and furniture both in the lobby and rooms is depressing. The highlight was the decent gym and friendly Southern service. Lowlights: dinner and breakfast at Southside were mediocre, strange poorly maintained bathroom.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!