“Excellent Airport Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #10 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Seattle
“Excellent Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed one night while flying out of Atlanta. The hotel is new and in a very new area. All the local conveniences are nearby--grocery store, Walgreens, places to eat. The best part of this hotel is the large deck on the back which overlooks a lake. You can even take water skiing lessons on the lake. Great hotel for an airport stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for this terrific review and for sharing this with us. Thank you also for choosing our hotel and we are so happy to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again - we hope you and your family will visit us again soon!

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this Inn for the weekend of Sept 27 - 30th. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the location with the assistance of the hotel shuttle allowed me to move around without the use of a car. There are also several eateries and service stores within short walking distance (I'm a New Yorker, that's like 2 blocks) to purchase those items not allowed in carry on bags.
Service at the Inn was excellent. Starting with the front desk to the breakfast host. All staff members were outstanding and went out of their way to assist with any requests. I would highly recommend it for a business trip or a quick stay (1-3 nights) as it is not a full service hotel, requiring you to go out to eat each day. Overall, it has all the necessary amenities and an easy location to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Wonderful! Thank you for this excellent review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do this and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Recognition such as this means a great deal to us and I will share it with our team. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had not only a wonderful time in Atlanta but I was equally satisfied with the service at The Holiday Inn Express!!! Debbie was great and so was the rest of the staff. My room was clean, breakfast was great and the staff was awesome!!! I will totally come back to this hotel for my next visit which should be soon. I was there during the Labor Day Weekend 2013! Can't wait to come back!!!

Janeane

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
The highest compliment we can be paid is your promise to return - THANK YOU! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you so much for recognizing Debbie and the rest of our team for taking such great care of you. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

After a long haul flight all you want is a simple check in and a comfortable quiet nights sleep at an affordable price and this airport hotel does that. Good value, helpful staff and clean rooms makes this a good choice. Good buffet breakfast added to the value. Only slight issue was its tricky to find, but just use the airport hotel shuttle and you should negate this issue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate your comments very much, and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. We have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We traveled from Dallas to Atlanta to see Depeche Mode at Lakewood Ampitheater. I had enough Priority Club Rewards points to stay here for free. We stayed at a different HI on the way, in Pearl, MS and another on the way home near Baton Rouge, LA. This one had the nicest location, and although there were many hotels nearer to our venue, including few HI's, we chose this one based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The area around this hotel is new and thriving. We didn't get a room with a view overlooking the lake, there was a wedding scheduled and the tents obscured the lake view from the room that was available. Our room overlooked the parking lot but it wasn't bad at all. As this is near an airport, we watched some planes going in for landing but didn't hear them at all. We went out on the deck to have a look before we checked out, and it's a really nice feature for this location. My only complaint, which wasn't really the fault of the hotel, is that our GPS wasn't updated to get us to the hotel. My teenage son was my navigator, and as we were leaving the ampitheater he entered the address. I was driving and hadn't given it much thought, the boy is (usually) an excellent navigator. I knew the hotel was less than 20 minutes from where we were, but we went way longer than that. We went past downtown Atlanta and into the middle of nowhere. For miles and miles and miles. He assured me that we were going the right way. I can't repeat the things that I said, but something like*******!!!!!! Is gonna pop up there on the horizon like the emerald city right?*********!!!! We ended up in Marietta, the dumb GPS took us to the correct address, wrong town! It was so tempting just to pull over and sleep in the car! However, being familiar with the cancellation policy we figured out how to get there. It was probably after 1am. We were tired and hungry. I mean starving and exhausted. Very very stressed out. It was so nice to be greeted by the lovely Marilyn. Wonder if she had every seen two travelers so weary. Well, she was delightful, and after she finished up with our paperwork, I told her we were going over to the 24 hour Walgreens across the parking lot for a can of Spam and a loaf of bread. She graciously offered to let us pick out TV dinners for free! Best TV dinner ever! I hate SPAM but we were kinda desperate. Anyway, we went up to our room and it was pretty warm in there, when I was trying to figure out the A/C there was a big stain on the floor and even on the curtain. It was kinda reddish or rusty, it was a bit dark, my boy said let it go, but of course I called Marilyn and she was so kind to bring us up 2 different sets of keys and showed me two rooms to choose from. A room with a view or a suite, we took the nice, cold suite and requested a late check out. Slept better than I had ever slept before. We didn't get up in time for the breakfast, and didn't get to check out the pool, I think it may be saltwater. Dang it. Our time was up all too soon. On the way out, we checked out the deck and the flat screen TV behind the waterfall in the lobby, it was pretty cool. I'm not sure we will ever be blessed enough to make it back to Atlanta, but if we do, hopefully we'll have the pleasure to stay here again and visit with Marilyn. She had a wonderful gift of making us relax and breathe, after we got so terribly lost. We would stay longer and check out the pool! Debbie checked us out next morning, she was alright, too. She had some cool nail jewelry. God Bless You Marilyn :)

Room Tip: Please, know where you're going! This area is so new, it's may not be updated on your GPS...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you so much for this terrific (and thorough) review and for sharing this with us. And thank you for sharing this great story about Marilyn at the Front Desk. Since she works the overnight shift (11pm-7am) her great service can sometimes go unrecognized by those of us not working directly with her, so a review such as yours is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you also for recognizing Debbie, and I assure you I will recognize Marilyn and Debbie and will share this review with our entire team. I apologize that you experienced some issues trying to settle into your room and I assure you I will follow up to insure those issues are immediately addressed. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oxford, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Ronny the front desk clerk. He was very helpful and friendly. April drove us to the market in the van, and she was very refreshing. It is always nice to stay at a hotel that has such friendly staff. The rooms and the breakfast were both excellent. I will choose this hotel whenever I am in the Atlanta area. Although I did not officially meet Leslie, she did a great job making our reservations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! And thank you for recognizing Ronney, April and Leslie for taking such great care of you. I promise I will share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to your return!
New Jersey, U.S.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a nice location not too far from the airport. We stayed for two nights. The day before we arrived I called the front desk to see if we could arrange for adjoining rooms. When I originally made the reservation with the toll free number I was told there was nothing they could do but I should wait and call the front desk the day before arrival (disappointing by the way). I spoke with Ronny at the front desk. He wasn't able to arrange anything at that time but said he would keep trying and call me back later that day. A few hours later I got a call from Ronny advising that all was arranged and we were good to go. When we checked in the next day it was our good fortune to be checked in by Ronny as well. He was personable, professional, polite, helpful, and made us feel very welcome. As nice a front desk experience as I have ever had both in person and over the phone.

Now the bad news. Breakfast on day one was fine. Eggs were not bad, sausage was good etc. Nothing spectacular but not bad. My experience the second day was not as pleasant. When I arrived there was about a dozen guests standing around waiting because the food trays were empty (eggs, bacon, and grits maybe? Who knows.). I went to get my boarding passes from the kiosk in the lobby (very nice feature by the way) and when I returned about five minutes later the situation hadn't changed. I grabbed a stale bagel and headed back to the room. Was this an unusually bad and extra busy day? Maybe but they were clearly not equipped for the situation.
We had returned late the night before to find the rooms made up as they should have been but did not notice that housekeeping did not leave any clean towels in either room. We noticed the next morning as we got ready for our showers. I called the front desk (Debbie who was very nice) and about ten minutes later housekeeping arrived with a stack of noticeably damp bath towels. They were not so damp that we couldn't live with it so that was that.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel (even numbers) have a view of a lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for staying with us. Thank you also for recognizing Ronney at the Front Desk for taking such great care of you. I apologize that you were disappointed with your Breakfast experience one morning. This is a rare occurrence. We do not schedule or control guest seating so occasionally an unexpected large amount of people (no matter how busy or slow the hotel is) may all show up at the Breakfast area at one time. We do our best to anticipate this, and schedule additional help in there to assist, but it can be unpredictable. I also apologize for Housekeeping not servicing your room properly and towels being sent up before being fully dry. These items have been addressed with the appropriate staff members and corrective action taken to avoid a similar occurrence in the future. Thank you for the constructive feedback and for giving us this opportunity to improve. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Court SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#9 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#10 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#16 Family Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.