Our experience with this hotel started off on the wrong foot before we arrived.
Having made a reservation 10 days ahead, I called them the day before our departure to request an early check-in --we had a long haul flight arriving at 6am. I was told to call again the following day and speak to the manager. The next morning I was put through to someone who said she was the manager and insisted that we did not have a booking, and that neither the booking number provided (which every other operator had quickly linked to our reservation) nor our names meant anything to her. Since I had already provided my card details and my booking was “non refundable” I could not just go ahead and book another hotel, so I kept politely but firmly insisting we had received TWO confirmation emails and had already spoken to at least two receptionists who had found our booking without any problem.
The lady in question kept insisting we had the wrong hotel and putting me on hold, despite knowing I was calling from abroad, with and without warning, several times during our quite lengthy discussion. Not a pleasant experience when you are three hours away from boarding a 10-hour flight. She finally seemed to find the name I had been spelling over and over using the phonetic alphabet and admitted that yes, we had a reservation.
Upon arrival, we waited at the hotels’ pick-up area for one hour and saw every shuttle arrive and leave –some several times—for other hotels before we mustered the energy to find the hotel number and call them. Only then did we find out we were supposed to call for our coach, as opposed to waiting as was the case with every other hotel. Fair enough, but why was this not specified at any point or in the confirmation emails?
Once on board the coach everything went smoothly. We were kindly booked in early, our room was comfortable and clean, the hotel staff and the drivers helpful and we had a very pleasant stay. It is a shame all the efforts to please customers are marred by shortcomings in the system that might have substantial consequences and the staff’s inability to acknowledge them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta