“Ideal for ATL stop over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3833 Princeton Lakes Court SW, Atlanta, GA 30331   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lancashire
“Ideal for ATL stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the great TA reviews and we were not disappointed.

Email communication with Jeff prior to our arrival was prompt and friendly.

Our room was large, modern and clean with a very comfortable king sized bed and crisp bed linen. However, not the best nights sleep due to noise from nearby rooms. The bathroom was spacious with plenty of complimentary toiletries. Breakfast was ok but nothing special - but at no extra cost, well that's fine. Friendly and efficient staff, especially our shuttle bus driver on the journey back to ATL.

We walked over to the mall and found somewhere to eat - not far at all and great to stretch our legs after our flight from the UK. One word of advice to other travellers from the UK who might not be aware of Atlanta State Law, you will need ID if you want to purchase an alcoholic drink in the restaurants.

All in all, an ideal place if you need a stop over hotel close to the airport.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and sharing it on the TripAdvisor website. I am glad my correspondence was helpful t you, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us and I assure you I will share them with our team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope your future travels will allow you to return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I AM SOOO IN LOVE WITH THE STAFF!!!! I have adopted them as family and Mrs. Linda is my mom, Mama Linda!!!! I love her to pieces!

If you ever REALLY want to stay at a hotel where you would DEFINITELY have the feeling of being at home, then I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES ATLANTA AIRPORT WEST-CAMP CREEK!!!! There is nothing negative I can think of nor utter about this amazing hotel!!!

From the service of great hospitality to the vision of a beautiful venue and atmosphere!!! The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West- Camp Creek is in a prime location where there's plenty of places to enjoy a night out with friends or co-workers! Where your stay is much more fulfilling! Surrounded by all of the top eatery's to the coolest venues. It's also extremely close to the airport where the convenience of their shuttle transports their guests to and from the airport to be early and on time for their scheduled flights.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West- Camp Creek have given me a memorable experience!!! This IS my home away from home and there is no other place I'd rather stay than here at the best hotel with the most friendliest, most warmth spirited hotel in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area. Ever!!!!

Lolita Wilson
Resident Guest #330

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wow! THANK YOU SO MUCH! What a terrifi review! And thank you for visiting our Trip Advisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Linda at the Front Desk and our team who work so hard to please our guests. Comments such as yours mean a great deal us. Hurry back! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I live in England and decided to jump on a flight to Aruba. as me and two of my kids needed a place to stay in ATL, we chose Holiday Inn North the first night. We paid $20 more for that and weren't nearly as impressed. Our criteria were: free wifi, breakfast, and pool. The West location had a free shuttle, as well, so we couldn't go wrong. The driver, Cosby, told us he could drive us around to the shops, as well, so, that was just super. We went to the hotel and checked in. It has a nicer entrance and a pretty waterfall wall you see when you first arrive. We checked into our room and went to eat straight Wt. there is a ice Chinese Bistro right near there where we ate (see my other review) for lunch. Fab.

We then asked Cosby to to take us to Target. He was great. Very friendly and helpful. My only concern is that he took us to get pizza at Best Pizza. It was a shady area and I didn't appreciate that he didn't warn us . At one point, he opened the door to offer assistance to people with a "broken down car". It was nice of him, but I have been car-jacked before and, for a few moments, it felt like we were getting set up for that again. At any rate, it was fine.

The pool was great and appeased the kids. They LOVED the free breakfast which included a cool pizza making machine. The food was great and since variety.

The beds were great and I slept a good night's sleep, which is so rare when I travel.

The BEST part of our trip is that we're back 4 days later and slept at the airport but went back to the shopping centre. Via MARTA. as we were waiting in the freezing cold for our return bus trip, the HI driver saw us and asked if we were staying at the hotel. We said we weren't anymore, but dear, sweet Joseph gave us a ride back to the airport anyway. We were so grateful! His kindness, along with the rooms, food, wifi, and breakfast...they've got our business for life!

(Last note: I noted they charge more during the week because they get a lot of business clients)

Room Tip: We loved the shower in room 231! I think all rooms are new and stylish, though!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the terrific review, and for recognizing Cosby and Joseph for taking such great care of you in our hotel shuttle. We have a great team here, and are fortunate to be situated in a unique setting for an airport hotel as part of the mile long Camp Creek Marketplace shopping & entertainment complex. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Vonore, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This new Holiday Inn Express is extremely convenient to the Atlanta Airport, yet not too close to be affected by airport noise. The staff were very friendly, rooms spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast very satisfying. The hotel is also close to numerous good restaurants should you want a nice evening dining experience. Lots of complimentary parking is available. We needed to make special check-out arrangements which the front desk was happy to do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the stores, restaurants and services of Camp Creek Marketplace! Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!
meagan_kidd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was very nice, loved how modern and well updated everything was and it felt very clean. Not sure why anyone would say it is not clean. However, I can not vouche for every room in the hotel. We were on the first floor and had no problems with it being clean or being in a bad location.

Being that I use tripadvisor before staying anywhere I do feel as if I should be 100% honest though....

Fiance and I were staying overnight for a 6:30am 5k race iin downtown Atlanta. We booked this hotel through hotwire and we were very happy when we found this was the hotel we were booked with (with Hotwire, you dont know what you are getting until you book it). The rooms were spacious, beautiful, and the beds were extremely comfortable. I loved the bathroom decor and it was even clean enough that I was able to take a bath- something i never do at hotels.

The problem: As i stated we had an early morning race and needed to leave by 5:30am so we were settled into bed around 10PM when the fire alarm started to go off. Of course we threw our clothes on, grabbed anything of importance and made our way into the hall along with all of the other guests. Turned out that there was a Sweet 16 party going on in the ballroom and someone had turned on a fog machine and we were told as soon as they got the room aired out that it would stop. We returned to our rooms. The alarm continued to go off in each room with a loud noise and bright flashing light every 30 seconds, and it was so loud that even with 2 pillows over my head i couldnt hear myself think much less sleep. This continued for about 2 hours when someone finally climbed into the roof to find that the alarm had been jammed into the ceiling.

Because we had booked through Hotwire the hotel could not even compensate us anything, whereas I know they were compensating the othe guest. I was able to contact Hotwire and get a full refund though.

Linda at the front desk was very helpful and stayed calm through it all with dealing with many unhappy guest who all camped out in the lobby because it was too much to bare in a closed in room.

We were told that there was no manager nor a maitenance man on duty that night. This would be something that i think they should have on duty at all times. And this is something that the hotel should look into changing and having to assistant their guests.

Over all the hotel was wonderful and I am fairly certain that this kind of thing does not happen often, therefore, I would stay at this hotel again in the future. Actually, looking to book for our overnight stay before flying out for our honeymoon in April :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by our fire alarm during your stay. This was an isolated and very unusual occurrence caused by a customer violating hotel policy. We DO have a maintenance person on duty 24/7. The problem was that this particular smoke detector had never gone off before and is located in the AC ductwork in the ceiling and not visible. I was in communication with the hotel that evening and dispatched a second maintenance person to the hotel to locate the hidden detector and resolve the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and am happy that you were able to obtain a refund. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff is very friendly, especially Alicia who works the front desk. The breakfast is tasty and filling. The rooms are very nicely decorated. Many choices of TV channels as well! Overall a great experience. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the terrific comments about our hotel and team, and thank you for recognizing Alicia who works so hard to please our guests. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to our team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Canton,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Due to threatening weather, we decided to stay overnight near Atlanta airport before our morning flight. This hotel was great! Good service, nice room that was clean and everything worked very well. Had a Manager's reception that night with snacks and complimentary wine. Breakfast included was adequate. Linda was very helpful and courteous, as we're other staff. Will definitely stay there again. Good shopping and many restaurants nearby.
My only complaint is that walls are thin and not soundproofed, so be careful about room location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the terrific comments about our hotel and for recognizing Linda at the Front Desk! We are happy that we could help make your unexpected flight delay a pleasant experience and surprise! We hope that you will make plans to return to our hotel in future and take advantage of all that our hotel and location have to offer. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Court SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#6 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#11 Family Hotel in Atlanta
#12 Business Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.