“Excellent Staff Makes This HIEx A Wonderful Stop” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3833 Princeton Lakes Court SW, Atlanta, GA 30331   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Wilson, North Carolina
“Excellent Staff Makes This HIEx A Wonderful Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I was met at ATL by the HIEx shuttle about 20 minutes after my call. The driver gave me a overview of the property which opened 2 years ago this March. She also pointed out the different shops and restaurants we passed on our way to the hotel. Upon arrival, I was greeted at the front desk and checked in. Had reserved a 2 queen room, but the reservation stated King suite - used Priority Club points to reserve the room. Since my traveling buddy wasn’t going to join me as planned, due to weather, I opted not to say anything. The desk employee did welcome me as a Platinum member. I requested a late check out and it was granted for 2pm with no questions asked. Also put in for my 3pm shuttle to the airport.

Got to my room and being my first King Suite, I enjoyed looking around and taking photos. The knock on the door was an employee with my Priority Club bag, nice touch. After settling in, I went down to the breakfast area, got a cup of coffee and walked around. There is a nice huge deck off the back of the hotel with a view of a private lake, found the fitness room and inside pool. Went back down later for a second cup, saw the fresh baked cookies and went to the front desk for one. Had a nice conversation with Linda at the front desk who offered me 2 cookies. A few minutes later, Franck, who had checked me in came up and it seemed they were in competition to get mentioned on TA. Since I had posted reviews here before, the charm oozed from these two… it was really funny. I left with my two cookies, but turned around, returning and said I was disappointed there was no cocktail party tonight. Well, Franck bent over backwards and had a glass of red wine delivered to my suite. Now that was service!!

The King suite (room 209) is spacious and well appointed. The bathroom is quite nice with a granite counter and tub walls and tile flooring. There was a couch and chair and a wet sink. All the other HIEx amenities were provided.

Since my flight wasn’t leaving until 7:30pm, I asked for a late check out. No problem, I was able to stay in my room until 2pm, then watched TV in the lounge until 3pm when Leonard took me to ATL. All in all, a great HIEx with caring employees. Thanks, all for a lovely visit.

The only minuses were: 1) the suite is the floor lamp was lopsided and the lamp shades are bent and torn. They could be replaced. 2) a few hairs on the shower curtain. Not big things in my book.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Wow! Thank you for sharing that great story with us! I promise I will share this with our team, and will pass your thanks along to Franck, Linda, and Leonard for their outstanding service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your being with us. Thank you, and huirry back soon!

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I staid in the hotel 4 weeks, all january in 2012... I liked this hotel because always had nice people in front desk, like Marilyn G... always smiling and ready to help you. The room had all I needed, AC, TV, internet, also internet in TV, the housekeeper made a good job cleaning the room... so if I have to stay again in Atlanta, I am sure that I will look for Holiday In Express in Camp Creek.

Go for it...

Sergio Larrainza

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review Mr. Larrainza! It was a pleasure having you with us! I will share your compliments with our team and let Marilyn know you recognized her for her smile and service. We appreciate that. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Fantastic breakfast with nice clean rooms. Indoor pool big screen tv in lobby. Right next to Camp Creek Market . Best hotel in area by far.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for calling us the best hotel in the area and for your generous compliments of our hotel and team members. I promise I will share them with our staff. Thank you for being with us and we look forward to serving again on future visits!
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We came to Atlanta Georgia for a 24 hr stop over on our way to Fort Benning then onto Costa Rica. The HI Express is an excellent hotel at a very reasonable price. The staff very accommodating and the rooms beautifully out fitted. But PLEASE all travelers HEED THIS WARNING. Georgia, especially the area by the Airport is a HIGH THEFT AREA. I am not saying don't go but PLEASE use caution and always be on your guard when it comes to your belongings. There are no visual signs that there is alot of theft in this area.

We had checked out of the hotel and had 2 hrs to fill. Since there is many shopping plaza's in the area we decided to pick up some last minute items for our trip to Costa Rica. Since we had just checked out our luggage was in our trunk.... our fatal error I know.... while in a shop buying a set of binoculars our car was broken into and ALL our luggage was stolen we were left with only the clothes on our backs!! We have traveled through out the USA, Canada and Europe and understand the importance of always being cautious but have learned a very hard lesson. Our Visa's were also taken so we have had to post pone the Costa Rica leg of our trip until we can get emergency passports.

The police, a witness, the car rental people and on and on not one person was the slightest bit surprised of the theft. Very sorry for us but it happens so often that its just a normal event unfortunately.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and service. It was very unfortunate that while you were shopping at Target (one mile away from the hotel) your belongings were taken from your vehicle. I am sorry that this happened and that this incident tainted your memory of your stay in our area. Vehicle thefts can occur anywhere, even at home, and I have been warned myself by police departments throughout the country over the years to never leave anything of value in my car anywhere as cars are so easily broken into. Our area is considered safe, and even companies who review crime statistics for a given area in advance of booking find this to be a safe area. Thank you for being with us. We are so sorry that you experienced this, and we hope that you will return again to our hotel in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed overnight on Feb. 2, 2012, before catching our flight home. Since the hotel has a 20% off offer right now, we felt it was a very good value.

Pros: Overall, best hotel we stayed in our entire trip in the Southeast. Wish we had stayed here another night. Great front desk staff. Brand new. Spotlessly clean. We asked for a king, nonsmoking, facing the lake, and that is what we got. Even numbered rooms overlook the lake bordered by trees, which is a great treat right next to the airport. Plenty of ice at end of hall. Ice machine is at the end of the hall next to rooms with higher numbers. Very quiet room. Only noise I heard was the distant whistle of a train around midnight, almost romantic, if you like train whistles, which I do. If I were already asleep, I don't think this would have awakened me. Big room, well laid out. Large vanity in bathroom with two long open shelves underneath, which I love. Very long tub. We have an 7-foot tub at home, and this tub was longer than that. Plenty of hot water. I like a very firm bed, but this bed had a slight pillow top, which made it a little softer, with less support than I like. But I know this is an individual preference. Didn't have a chance to use the TV. No restaurant in the hotel, but many to chose from nearby, with shuttle to take you. Good breakfast with all the usual, and scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage gravey and biscuits. At least two luggage dollies in the lobby when we needed them. Two computers hooked up to a printer for printing boarding passes. I use a CPAP machine and there was an unused plug on one side of the bed. Bedside table was large enough to accommodate my machine with plenty of room to spare. (I just put the phone on the floor.) Very comfortable chair in the room. Short drive to airport is acceptable, with gas station just on the other side of the freeway. The traffic does back up about a block at the Camp Creek/285 traffic light, but all the cars got through on the green, so don't panic about this. We did not use the shuttle service, since we turned in our rental car when we caught our flight, so we can't rate this service.

WWTTs (what were they thinking?): Refrig was very tall, as tall as the 3-drawer dresser. For folks staying overnight to catch a flight, what would they ever do with a refrigerator that big? Water pressure from the shower and tub spout was the lowest I have ever encountered in any hotel. Is this the wave of the future? Bathroom vanity was very very high, with the sink set far back against the mirror. I am 5'8" and could just reach the sink. If you are any shorter, you're going to need a step stool to reach the sink. They have this really long tub, with no rim in the back to lay your head. Best I could do was rest my shoulder blades on the 1" rim. The bottom of the bed is a solid metal, covered by a bedskirt. You find this out after you stub your toe on it a couple of times. Bed is also very high. If you're shorter than 5'8" you're also gonna need that stool to get into bed.

Cons: Fourth floor hallway had a funny pine smell, like it was from a cleaning solution. I like a pine scent, but not this one. There were five men drinking beer, carousing outside the front entrance at 11:00 p.m. at night, when we arrived. Even my husband was a little uncomfortable. If I had been traveling alone, I would not have gotten out of the car. As it was, we were so tired, we just got out, unpacked the car, and went in. When we left the next morning at 9 a.m., there was an empty shopping car wedged in the front landscaping. This hotel was in a shopping mall neighborhood, and you could see nice houses through the trees, but they probably need some round-the-clock outside security.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the lake. Ice machine is at the end of the hall with higher numbered rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive review and your comments, and thank you for staying with us. To address your WWTFs: the refrigerator is not oversized at 30” tall and is completely enclosed in the attractive dresser unit that also holds the microwave and flat-screen TV. The vast majority of our guests appreciate that it is not a small cube shape unit, and they appreciate that is has a freezer area as well. Our hotel is not your typical one short-night stay airport hotel. The majority of our customers are multiple nights, and some stay multiple weeks, and they choose us because of the many value-added amenities our hotel and our tremendous location within the 100 store Camp Creek Marketplace has to offer. We are also a LEEDS certified hotel which means we have been nationally recognized for our very well-built and energy efficient hotel and our eco-friendly "green" operational practices. We checked your room and the water pressure is normal and adequate. The vanity sink is an upscale residential style wood pedestal/vanity unit with a granite vanity top and upgraded fixtures, and is within the normal approved height range and considered one of the room's many attractive features by our customers. The luxurious pillow-top mattress beds consistently receive rave reviews from our customers and clients. I am pleased the 4th floor smelled clean. We are a very safe hotel in a very safe area, and our staff, the Atlanta Police department, and Camp Creek Marketplace Security staff all react swiftly and aggressively to any potential disturbances or trouble. We cannot control if a few of our customers gathered together outside for a few minutes to visit or smoke. Had you reported this to us we would have dispersed them immediately. As for the shopping cart, you said yourself that it was not there the night before but was suddenly there in the morning. This is a rare occurrence, but we are happy that our guests here have the opportunity to take advantage of the huge Publix Supermarket or the 24-hour Walgreen’s, both located within walking distance of us, to buy food and essentials and bring them back to their room. Most guests utilize our complimentary 24-hour local shuttle service, but occassionally the prefer to walk back on their own. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future, and that on your next visit you will have the opportunity to enjoy the many stores, services and amenities of the modern, upscale, suburban setting of Camp Creek Marketplace.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Hotel was great and you can't beat a free full breakfast. Chanel was very friendly in the morning at the breakfast area, she went above any beyond in my opinion, which is rare these days.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments, and thank you for recognizing Chanel, our Breakfast Hostess, for her outstanding service. Please come back and see us again soon!
Largo, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I am a priority club member and I reserved a room with 2 queen beds and the Holiday Inn in Camp Creek seemed to fit my budget and requirements. Well once I arrived the lobby was beautiful and the front desk service was prompt. They give you a bag with bottled water and cheez its for priority club members (ooh exciting). So I get to my room and there is one king bed in the room. So I go back downstairs and the manager was there and they asked is there anything wrong. I stated that my reservation was for 2 beds not one. The manager had the audacity to ask me are you sure you need two beds. I was like yes duh thats what i paid for (since my brother and i do not need to share the same bed ewww). So they stood there discussing if they could find me a room and they changed my room. But what I thought was going to happen did happen...they gave me a room with 2 double beds. I also asked about late check out and they said they can't guarantee that but you can call in the morning to see if they can accomodate you. This was the most interesting unwelcoming experience I have had with priority club hotels. I doubt that I would stay there again because you dont know what kind of coin toss that management may make to determine the type of room you might end up with. My stay was on Jan 26-27, 2012.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your many positive comments! I am sorry that you had a negative experience with the room assignment process. As you experienced with the Welcome Gift and recognition at the front desk, we typically do an above average job of recognizing and rewarding our Priority Club guests. The hotel was completely full the two nights you were here, and the desk clerk who assigned you to 1 king size bed mistakenly assumed you had been assigned a room with 2-Queen beds (we have no double beds in the hotel) as king bedded rooms had been sold out for long in advance. She saw party of 2 on your reservation and tried to give the normally preferred king size bed. As for our Front Desk Manager's response when you returned to the desk to be reassigned, he sincerely apologizes and feels that he was misinterpreted as he was attempting to clarify exactly what the need was. He did not mean to insult you in any way. As for the late checkout request, late checkout is always subject to availability and we were 100% booked on the night in question so our staff was not able to confirm a late checkout the evening before. Thank you for being with us, and we hope that you will visit us again so we may show you that your experience was an isolated incident, and to demonstrate the true service and hospitality of our hotel and location.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Court SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#8 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#10 Family Hotel in Atlanta
#11 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.