I was met at ATL by the HIEx shuttle about 20 minutes after my call. The driver gave me a overview of the property which opened 2 years ago this March. She also pointed out the different shops and restaurants we passed on our way to the hotel. Upon arrival, I was greeted at the front desk and checked in. Had reserved a 2 queen room, but the reservation stated King suite - used Priority Club points to reserve the room. Since my traveling buddy wasn’t going to join me as planned, due to weather, I opted not to say anything. The desk employee did welcome me as a Platinum member. I requested a late check out and it was granted for 2pm with no questions asked. Also put in for my 3pm shuttle to the airport.
Got to my room and being my first King Suite, I enjoyed looking around and taking photos. The knock on the door was an employee with my Priority Club bag, nice touch. After settling in, I went down to the breakfast area, got a cup of coffee and walked around. There is a nice huge deck off the back of the hotel with a view of a private lake, found the fitness room and inside pool. Went back down later for a second cup, saw the fresh baked cookies and went to the front desk for one. Had a nice conversation with Linda at the front desk who offered me 2 cookies. A few minutes later, Franck, who had checked me in came up and it seemed they were in competition to get mentioned on TA. Since I had posted reviews here before, the charm oozed from these two… it was really funny. I left with my two cookies, but turned around, returning and said I was disappointed there was no cocktail party tonight. Well, Franck bent over backwards and had a glass of red wine delivered to my suite. Now that was service!!
The King suite (room 209) is spacious and well appointed. The bathroom is quite nice with a granite counter and tub walls and tile flooring. There was a couch and chair and a wet sink. All the other HIEx amenities were provided.
Since my flight wasn’t leaving until 7:30pm, I asked for a late check out. No problem, I was able to stay in my room until 2pm, then watched TV in the lounge until 3pm when Leonard took me to ATL. All in all, a great HIEx with caring employees. Thanks, all for a lovely visit.
The only minuses were: 1) the suite is the floor lamp was lopsided and the lamp shades are bent and torn. They could be replaced. 2) a few hairs on the shower curtain. Not big things in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta