“Awesome employees!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #9 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Pemberville, Ohio
“Awesome employees!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My husband has stayed here many times and has been here the last 4 weeks. I flew in at end of his business trip and stayed with him for 2 days. I was very impressed with the front desk staff. Especially Linda, she had a smile all day everyday and she was extremely helpful and made sure I had everything I needed. She is truly an asset to your company and she should be acknowledged. I also had the pleasure of meeting Denita who came and picked me up at the airport. She lugged my 50 pound suitcase in and out of the shuttle van with a smile. Linda and her were very personable and kept me entertained while my husband was at work. Thank YOU! He will be back for work and I certainly will recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our service and staff, and mentioning Linda at the Front Desk. I promise I will share your feedback with our team and recognize Linda. We are fortunate to have a great team here that truly cares about our customers. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I enjoyed my over all stay at the hotel, but for some reason the event coronate could not get the meeting room set right. It seems like the more it was explain to them the harder it was for them to get it right. This caused alot of problem for the meeting, have 40 plus people ready to began there day and all waiting around for it to be set up yet again. This causes headaches and the meeting to run late, which puts everybody in a bad mood. The hotel was nice, the staff was friendly, and the safety factor was good. This well lite area with lots of local and chain reaturants all within walking distains, does make it a good location. I think they just need to tighting their belts!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for the many positive comments about our other hotel services and staff. I have shared your feedback with our team. Unfortunately we were unable to identify which meeting this was so we could not contact you directly about your meeting room experience. Please accept my apologies for the problem incurred. We do hope that you view this as the isolated incident that this was, and will return in the future to allow us a second opportunity to demonstrate the great service and hospitality that our meeting & event planners typically experience. Thank you again and we hope to serve you again soon.
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Big comfortable and clean rooms. I had a view of a small lake. Nice shower and fluffy towels. Close to restaurants, shopping & a spa so had no problem filling up 24 hours! Staff very friendly and helpful. If I wasn't so upset about my flight being postponed I might have thought I was on vacation somewhere ........

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and staff. We are happy that we could help make your unexpected flight delay a pleasant experience and surprise! We hope that you will make plans to return to our hotel in future and take advantage of all that our hotel and location have to offer. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Belmont, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Tara went out of her way to cancel another reservation I had made at the wrong location. Sge saved me $100+.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comment about Tara at our Front Desk! And thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I will share your feed back with Tara and our team. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great location near shopping ,movie thearter and resturants.Rooms are very large
with flat screen TV's,fridges and microwaves.The best part is the great people working
the front desk.Also a very large deck out back overlooking a nice lake.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to explore the many amenities that our hotel and the Camp Creek Marketplace have to offer. Thank you also for the very nice comments about our team and the Front Desk staff. We hope your travels bring you back to Atlanta often, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This review is solely based on the conference room rental and service we received around the rental experience. We did not stay overnight in the any of the guests rooms. Let's start with the positives because there are quite a few:
1) The hotel is in a great location, especially if you have people coming from out of town who will be flying into Atlanta Hartsfield.
2) They DO NOT require you to use their internal or preferred catering service. You are allowed to bring outside food from the caterer of your choice. You can cook it yourself and bring if you would like to do so.
3) The hotel allows you to bring in any decorations that you would like.
4) White tableclothes are available upon request and for an extra price.
5) The room is beautiful and overlooks a gorgeous lake. It appears to hold up to 100 people. Great option for people who don't want to be forced to pay catering costs from a standard hotel.
6) I had two family members actually stay at the hotel overnight. They gave the hotel great reviews for cleanliness and comfort. But that is all of the information that I can provide on the actual hotel room.
7) The hotel is hip and cool with a great decor
8) The hotel allows you to put down a deposit for the room rental and pay over a few weeks if needed. As long as your balance is paid in full before the date of your event.
*********Now on to the nagatives.
1) It was really, really difficult to get in touch with the banquet manager Lamont Bynum. I called repeatedly about 4 weeks before my event and finally on the 8th attempt over a one week period, I was able to reach him. I only called during his listed business hours, so it was a bit dissappointing to never get a call back despite my many left messages over five days. The good news here is that once I did reach him, we were able to get a contract drawn up and get the event worked out on the same day. He emailed it to me and we were booked and confirmed from there. He was a bit curt with me and at times I felt that he did not really want my business, but I over looked it and just blamed it on him being very busy and probably overwhelmed by customer inquiries. After the contract was signed and the deposit was paid, I was not able to reach him again and I never received any more call backs regarding questions that I still needed resolved. But again, the good news here is that the front desk was able to take over from this point. They answered all of my questions and provided great service in the absence of Mr. Bynum.
2) Make sure that you are clear on the time period that you wish to use the room. There was confusion for me because my contract stated that I had the room from 9am to 5pm even though my event was scheduled from 12pm-3pm. I understood the agreement to be that I could stay in the room (including clean up time) until 5pm so if my event ran over or started late, I would still have plenty of time to get cleaned up and get out by 5pm. That was not the case. They actually had another even booked at 5pm sharp and the guests after me needed access to the room for set up. My baby shower was still going strong around 4 when the front desk clerk had to make the very uncomfortable announcement that we had to leave ASAP. He was very professional and very nice and I respect the way he handled a difficult situation. I felt horrible about the misunderstanding because I felt that the guests behind me did not get the benefit of a proper set up. We exited and left the room completely clean within 15 minutes of being notified, but it was still very stressfull for a pregnant lady to have to deal with that situation. I felt that they should have adhered to the contract agreement and properly spaced the events.
3) One of the reasons that my baby shower got off to a late start was because the room was not properly set up when we arrived. The tableclothes were all in the corner on hangers. We had to place them on the table ourselves. That was not expected. Also, the tables were not in the proper arrangement so we had to move tables around and rearrange the chairs. We also were missing two tablecloths, so we had to wait for the facilities staff to bring more tablecloths. Again, very stressful, but they GOT IT DONE . Again, everyone was very helpful, gracious and accomodating so they get a A for service in this area.
4) The tablecloth rental is where I need to give them the lowest scores. The tablecloths were $150 to rent six plain white tablecloths. The price was excessive. In addition, as mentioned above, they did not even bother to place them on the tables for us, we had to do it ourselves.
5) The floor against the far wall that over looks the lake was wet. We did not realize this at the time and we sat all of our baby shower game prizes against that wall on the floor. Three of the prizes (soft cover books) were ruined because of the water soaking through the bags and getting the books wet and destroying them. We were dissapointed but we worked around it.
6) There is no covering provided for the banquet tables, so be prepared to bring something to cover them.
7) The bathroom is high tech and really cool HOWEVER, it was a little dirty on the day that my event was held.
Overall, if you need a place to hold a medium size event for a affordable price, this is the place. Just make sure to heed my warnings about the issues listed above and make sure they are addressed BEFORE your event. I believe my event was a total of $450 for room rental and tablecloths. This is very affordable compared to some of the other banquet room hotels around the city. ENJOY...

Room Tip: Rented the Conference Center
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our service and our staff! We are fortunate to have a beautiful hotel, a great location and a gracious team of staff members that enjoy making people happy! I promise I will share your feedback with our team. Regarding your meeting room experience, I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Spring is a very busy season for our Director of Sales, LaMont, booking corporate meetings, family reunions, weddings and social events, etc. and we apologize that he was sometimes difficult to contact. He was only given your home phone number to return calls so he too had trouble getting back to you. I looked at your file and your contract clearly stated that your meeting room access time was from 12 noon to 3PM (not 5PM), as we already had a 5PM event scheduled. We are happy that you were pleased with the meeting room pricing, and it did represent a discount based upon the duration of your event. The tablecloth rental was billed to you at less than $10 each so I do not understand why you feel you were billed $150. I apologize that the tablecloths were not on the tables upon your arrival but I am pleased to hear our staff remedied the situation quickly. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our customers and takes tremendous pride in our hotel and the jobs they do. We are a new hotel and feedback such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I enjoy my stay each time I come to the ATL. The hotel is very clean and neat. Never had a problem thus far. The staff (Kendall & Linda) are very friendly and helpful to their patrons. They recognize names with faces. I have booked my reservations here each time I am passing through to Fort Jackson , SC. I am a soldier and I am a very peculiar person about where I spend a night. I like very nice hotels and this one is a very nice and pleasant one to visit. I will recommend it to all my friends and associates. Thanks and keep those beautiful smiles Kendall and Linda. See you soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the kind comments about our staff, and in particular Kendall and Linda at the Front Desk! I will share them with our entire team. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our customers and takes tremendous pride in our hotel and the jobs they do. Feedback such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Court SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#8 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#10 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#10 Family Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.