“Customer service is poor. Room was not clean daily” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South

You added Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South to your Saves list
Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5010 Old National Highway, Atlanta, GA 30349 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Atlanta Airport South)   |
Ranked #143 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Georgiana, Alabama
“Customer service is poor. Room was not clean daily”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Hotel was reserved , booked and paid for by a friend living in Georgia before we even got there on the 17th March
. When we arrived we informed the lady at desk and she cannot find anything on the system and charge us. It then transpire after complaining that we paid twice and we then got refunded back second day.
Then the room we stayed at has a leakage from air conditioning and it took hours before we were moved.
Then we go moved to another room with telephone number out of order so we could not communicate with anyone in the building! Then we got moved again to another room and this time, room was not cleaned because it was not on the list of schedule for cleaner to do !!!

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. You better off staying at comfort in nearer by and its cheaper as well!!

Room Tip: Its near airport BUT I will stay at travel lodge or comfort in as this is better value and also nea...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here courtesy of Delta due to a cancelled flight. After I checked in and got into the room, two people opened the door about five minutes apart. Apparently the front desk booked my room to two other Delta guests AFTER I had already checked in. The continental breakfast consisted if bagels and bread with no condiments, a broken toaster, filthy tables and the attendant was watching "Charmed" on full blast on both tvs. I considered asking for a refund even though I didn't pay for the room.

• Stayed March 2014
Key West, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Delta put me up here for the night and I was a little concerned by the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Bright clean lobby, front desk and gift shop had very friendly people and Tom the bartender was great. Hotel and room were clean and seemed well taken care of. Only complaint was I ordered an appetizer and it took forever. That was probably due to their computer being down.
The colorful assortment of locals in the bar might bother some but I thought it added character to the place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Horribly rude employees with no cares for their customers. After arriving in Atlanta I called the hotel to confirm a shuttle was on its way, and they assumed me it was. Then when the shuttle finally showed up, the driver refused to allow me onto the shuttle because my name was not on the list. He made no effort to contact the hotel and was just rude to me while leaving me in the rain at midnight. I called the hotel back immediately and they said oops, he will have to drop off the passengers he has and come back to get me. Arriving at the hotel 45min later after no apology at all from the driver or the front desk staff, I waited in line with two other people to check in. Three employees were behind the desk, and only one was working while the other two chatted away. It took 30 min for her to check in 3 people! I finally get into my room after 1am and go to bed. Then, at 3am!!!! there is a pounding on my door and they had sent up security to let me know they messed up and had not charged my credit card upon arrival so I needed to come downstairs right away. After being dragged out of bed at 3am I received no apology for the inconvenience and was told that sometimes these things just happen. After 3 hours of sleep I can officially say this is the worst staffed hotel ever! Extremely rude and inconsiderate staff, I will never go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I had to stay at this hotel because I missed my connecting flight with Delta as a result of delays. Let me just say this place is dirty and old, the rooms smell, the carpet smells, and I doubt housekeeping does a thorough job of cleaning these rooms

I called the front desk and requested a wake up call in the morning which was never received. If it hadn't been for my cell phone alarm, I would have missed my next flight at my expense.

The bartender is the most incompetent human being I've ever encountered in my life. The restaurant was having a little ghetto party when I got there.

The hotel is also very loud and ppl run up and down halls and bang on your door. I didn't sleep well

Don't stay here if you don't have to

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Flint, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

First of all, I had already had a terrible day of travel and just wanted to get to bed...at 11 PM. Delta Airlines "graciously" put us up here. First off, it smelled terrible in there. Then we got up to our room and it looked like someone was napping in my room, with dirty towels on the ground in the bedroom. They quickly gave us a new one and we dropped our bags off and wanted to go get some food....since we sat in a plane and were delayed for a total of 5 hours. Well, this hotel is in College Park and let's just say we walked a block down the street to try to score some Burger King and felt extremely unsafe, oh, it just happens to have the highest crime rate in Georgia. Also, no pillows in our room...just throw pillows. Avoid

• Stayed January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was really surprised when we approached the property it was littered and no curb appeal. The venue had been booked by the friend who was hosting a party on site.Lobby was dated and without a theme,dimly lit and very cold.Our request for an early check in was honored without issue. The shuttle driver assisted us to our rooms mine frigid cold;he attempted to adjust the heat and instructed me to call the front desk if service was needed. Minimal,old,and soiled furniture thru out the room, dust, lamps that don"t work,cracked tile/wood trim, poorly hung curtains.The gift shop was never open, no food service, no coffee. Please whatever you do DONOT use coffee pot. As I always do in hotels I placed plain water in the machine to rinse, all that returned was about 1 tablespoon of water with crud/particles the remainder of the water went out as steam!!The cover to the ironing board was dirty with nail polish and whatever else.The pool area was littered,water filthy and generally not maintained.
The owner/operator of this hotel is a menace to hospitality; the place should be converted to a free shelter for the homeless not for paying consumers. The only positive was the hotel staff who apologized for all the imperfections that they had no control over changing; they were kind and helpful in performing their duties.Thumbs Down never again!!!

Room Tip: avoid rooms on interstate side even more noise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!