“Horrible service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South

You added Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South to your Saves list
Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5010 Old National Highway, Atlanta, GA 30349 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Atlanta Airport South)   |
Ranked #142 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
New York
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I had to stay at this hotel because I missed my connecting flight with Delta as a result of delays. Let me just say this place is dirty and old, the rooms smell, the carpet smells, and I doubt housekeeping does a thorough job of cleaning these rooms

I called the front desk and requested a wake up call in the morning which was never received. If it hadn't been for my cell phone alarm, I would have missed my next flight at my expense.

The bartender is the most incompetent human being I've ever encountered in my life. The restaurant was having a little ghetto party when I got there.

The hotel is also very loud and ppl run up and down halls and bang on your door. I didn't sleep well

Don't stay here if you don't have to

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Flint, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

First of all, I had already had a terrible day of travel and just wanted to get to bed...at 11 PM. Delta Airlines "graciously" put us up here. First off, it smelled terrible in there. Then we got up to our room and it looked like someone was napping in my room, with dirty towels on the ground in the bedroom. They quickly gave us a new one and we dropped our bags off and wanted to go get some food....since we sat in a plane and were delayed for a total of 5 hours. Well, this hotel is in College Park and let's just say we walked a block down the street to try to score some Burger King and felt extremely unsafe, oh, it just happens to have the highest crime rate in Georgia. Also, no pillows in our room...just throw pillows. Avoid

• Stayed January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was really surprised when we approached the property it was littered and no curb appeal. The venue had been booked by the friend who was hosting a party on site.Lobby was dated and without a theme,dimly lit and very cold.Our request for an early check in was honored without issue. The shuttle driver assisted us to our rooms mine frigid cold;he attempted to adjust the heat and instructed me to call the front desk if service was needed. Minimal,old,and soiled furniture thru out the room, dust, lamps that don"t work,cracked tile/wood trim, poorly hung curtains.The gift shop was never open, no food service, no coffee. Please whatever you do DONOT use coffee pot. As I always do in hotels I placed plain water in the machine to rinse, all that returned was about 1 tablespoon of water with crud/particles the remainder of the water went out as steam!!The cover to the ironing board was dirty with nail polish and whatever else.The pool area was littered,water filthy and generally not maintained.
The owner/operator of this hotel is a menace to hospitality; the place should be converted to a free shelter for the homeless not for paying consumers. The only positive was the hotel staff who apologized for all the imperfections that they had no control over changing; they were kind and helpful in performing their duties.Thumbs Down never again!!!

Room Tip: avoid rooms on interstate side even more noise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
N.Y.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the most unprofessional run hotel in USA. The name keeps changing but the service is getting from bad to worst. The management seem to rookie at best. They don't seem to be hotel professionals. The rooms are dirty. The linens are dirty and I think they don't change often. The restaurant is a joke. The employees are untrained and unprofessional. I would suggest staying at a cheaper Motel would bet a better experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Headed that way in a “Southern minute”. I called customer service at the hotel—I think [8777846835]; I was abruptly hung-up on twice (via phone)!! My initial call was on 9/27/13 at approximately 6:45 p.m. My second call was at 7:29 p.m. –again, abruptly hung up on while in conversation. My first call questioned the distance from the ATL airport to the hotel. In the mist of me asking my second question, she (the representative) abruptly hung up the phone. At approximately 7:29 p.m. I called to question the distance of the hotel from the airport; she said 35 minutes. I then questioned the distance from the hotel to Decatur GA. Her nasty reply was “I don’t know, I have no idea where that is at”. She again abruptly hung up! What the hell???? I’m arriving from NYC in a few days and I am in need of direction. She could have at least given me a number to the Chamber of Commerce. I would have even held on for 30 minutes.
So far the hospitality at the Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South 5010 Old National Highway, Atlanta, GA 30349 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Atlanta Airport South) SUCKS BIG TIME. IF I DID NOT REACH THE HOTEL DIRECTLY-CUSTOMER SERVICE or WHO IS ADVERTISING FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT SUCKS BIG TIME. You suck because you hired this gal who was extremely rude. This gal needs to be traced, tracked, dismissed and fired!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
keyingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked this hotel when it was still under the Wyndham chain banner, expecting something much better and what we got was terrible. Our first hurdle was checking in, the staff did not appear to understand the pre-paid voucher we had from our agents and we spent more than an hour trying to sort it out, the reception staff were quite rude and unhelpful and purely concerned about the rate they were getting for the rooms booked rather than our well being.

The minute you walk through the door you are greeted with a damp old musty smell
and it does not get any better, the hotel could really do with a top to toe clean.

We tried to use the pool facility but I have to say this was a no go area, the pool was dirty and definitely a health hazard, the dead board covered in ants outside the entrance door did not invite you in. There were four or five items in the gym, 2 of which were broken.

The next step was to try and use the computer facilities to check in, this was a no because the printer was not working, when we asked reception they said someone had broken it and they were waiting for a replacement, an airport hotel with no printing facilities for check-in , very poor.

Breakfast was a joke, whilst I appreciate this is complimentary standards of food hygiene have to be met, everything looked like it was a few days old, the milk was warm and there was very little choice. Very questionable hygiene standards.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, the staff are rude and unhelpful and the standards of hygiene are unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Do not believe that you will get "Wyndham-like" accommodations here. Hotel is old. My 2 teenage daughters said they felt like they were staying in the hotel in the movie, "The Shining"--and not in a good way. It was not clean; it was dark and damp. I had to clean the bathroom floor before I would let them go in. When you first walk in a room, there should not be hair all over the bathroom floor. Of course, this took away 1 of the 2 towels that we had in our room. The towels were so thin that you could practically see through them. Housekeeping was still cleaning rooms at 11:00 at night. We did not feel safe walking from car to hotel. Several men hanging out in parking lot (and I don't think they were staying there). Front desk would not answer phone. Didn't know hotel had a breakfast, but didn't matter; I would not have eaten anything prepared there. I had a reservation for 3 nights. (We were in town for a sports tournament.) The company used by the tournament for group housing should be ashamed of having this hotel on their list of available hotels. I asked (as I was checking in) if I could check out early and was told yes. When I tried to check out early the next day, I was told I had to have canceled before noon and that I could stay somewhere else, but they would not give me a refund. So I stayed that night and when I tried to check out the next morning (at 7 a.m.), I was told by the desk clerk that she didn't know how to do a refund. After 15 minutes of discussion, she suddenly remembered how to do a refund. Of course, I'm still waiting for it to show up on my statement. If given a choice between sleeping here or in my car, I'd choose my car--just not in this neighborhood.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!