“A little better than sleeping in the car” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South

You added Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South to your Saves list
Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5010 Old National Highway, Atlanta, GA 30349 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Atlanta Airport South)   |
Ranked #142 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Detroit, Michigan
“A little better than sleeping in the car”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at this location which now seems to be called the Windsor. The price was amazing for 50.00 we reserved a king room. Once we arrived at the hotel, with some confusion about the name we went to our room on the 5th floor. As soon as the elevator doors opened we were greeted to an overwelming smell of cigarette smoke. The hallway floor was filthy and the carpet stained To our surprise, the room, with the exception of the TV, seemed clean and recently remodeled. However, the clientele that the hotel attracts seems dubious with one gentleman seeming to have a drug induced episode in the elevator. Lead me to wonder if the hotel charges by the hour. On the brightside - a bonus, the check in staff was very friendly and helpful a plus after a long day of traveling. I suppose u get what you pay for but I feel like it was a bait and switchgrass

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed over the Easter weekend 2013 and had a great stay phenomenal time and so much so that i left my camcorder at the hotel along with some other items. I contacted the hotel this morning and to my surprise Glenetta, the housekeeping manger, said she found and had all of my items and i could pick them up when ever. She truly did make my trip and working in the hotel industry in the past i know this is something that always dosent happen especially with an item and the value of things which i left. Glenetta is my new my best friend, the hotel -its amenities, staff, location, and rooms, were just as great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cafe at the end of the Universe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a Whyndam and I expected better because of it. First let me say that the Staff was, for the most part and except on one occasion, pleasant and sympathetic, albeit overwhelmed with what seemed like a basic number of guests. Check in went smoothly and we were even given, as requested, connected rooms.

Let’s start with my room. It was large enough to be comfortable and typically furnished. The issue begins in the bathroom where the grout in the tile on the floor was black, when it was originally white (you could see under the sink where it was supposed to be an off white color). The water had no pressure at all and I ended up showing in a dripping stream. The first towel I grabbed was as course as 80 grit sandpaper, smaller then I have ever seen at a hotel, and Had A Hair In It! Gross.

The bed had a decorative throw pillow on it, which had yellow crusty godonlyknowswhat on the frill. Twice I threw it off the bed and twice the maid replaced it without even noticing the disgust on it. Euwwwh.

The complimentary shower cap left in my room looked like it had been stashed in someone’s purse for 6 months, it was opened, and a spider had obviously used it as his web was left behind. Yuck.

The pool was indoors and heated. However the tile above the water line was so fifthly that the white tile was now almost black with a film that was so thick you could write in it (some people had). That and a broken condom left on the floor, at the pools edge was enough to turns ones stomach. Then a Janitor (via his name badge) came to the pool area and scolded the six or 7 people (mostly adults) that when they were exciting the pool they were dragging to much water in the lobby with them (the only way back to the rooms was through the lobby to the elevators) and it was causing a safety concern. This is when we all informed that we have been requesting that they supplied the towels that the signed promised belonged in the pool room. He acted surprised that the very obvious shelf was devoid of the necessary drying equipment. I myself had requested they bring some towels down over an hour earlier.

There was a line of grime where the tile floor met the front desk. It appears that the cleaning staff missed even this obvious filth.

The Gift Shop was closed.
No matter what time day or night I tried to acquire a basic, but forgotten necessity although I could see it’s availability through the window, the door was locked and I was informed by the front desk that they didn’t’ know when it was going to be opened?!?! I had to drive miles away from a hotel with a perfectly stocked gift shop for a few odds and ends that I would have gladly paid the extra charge one has come to expect from these situations.

The only advice I can offer is for the people responsible for cleaning go through better training and get their eyes checked.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Krystal S, Manager at Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
First of all Wyndham is a very good brand and the fault is our management. The whole hotel will go through a major renovation with new ownership soon. The front desk corner was dirty and action taken so it does not happen. Found one area of pool which needed cleaning but over all pool water and condition was excellent, per independent inspection. we do have some small size towels of lower quality because of misordering. If you call me 805 377 3544 I would like to offer a refund or some compensation for your negative experience. We value your feedback, Fahim
Seward, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here after our flight was cancelled because of storms, Delta offered this hotel at a "reduced rate". After reading other reviews I find out that we were overcharged by $20 for the floor we were on. The room we had was very sketchy. There was no hot water, 2 tissues in the Kleenex box, an old tube TV. It was late at night so we just made the best of it and tries to get some sleep.
The good:
The lady that checked us in was pleasant but super slow. We were thankful for the shuttle van that took us to and from the airport.
We had different circumstances but I would definetly not plan to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Krystal S, Manager at Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I am so sorry about your cold shower. The morning you were there, the gas went out and it took us 5 hours to get the hot water fixed. If you call me at (805) 377-3544, I will make sure that any extra charges are refunded. We have 2 prices for rooms because our renovations are not completed on 4 floors. New Owners are taking over in 30 days and they will have funds to make this whole hotel really nice. I really value my customers,and wish that everyone came here and promise you the best customer service. We will make sure supplies are adequate in each room. And we will be buying falt screen or smart TVs for every room once New owners take over.

Please, Please come back and give us one more chance.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Checked in on Friday night. Lots of people in the lobby and very noisy. Asked to have a room on a quiet floor. Front desk staff was very nice and gave us a room on the 4th floor. Floor was quiet except someone kept knocking on our door, can't blame this on the hotel. Room was average and clean. Had a short night of sleep and was up early Saturday morning. We could smell a faint odor of marijuana in the hallway. The van driver was very accommodating an left 10 min early for the airport just for us. Do not go out at night around the hotel, the neighborhood is very dangerous. The hotel is secure though. The only thing I did not like is anyone can use the elevator. The key access on the elevator is not activated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I enjoyed staying here good hotel rates and food. If your in Atlanta I recommend you stay here. Make sure you eat food at dinner time it was great. Rooms where nice and cozy. It was less than two miles away from the airport and they have a shuttle take you too the hotel.

Room Tip: best rooms are on 6 and 7th floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Where to start?
My stay at the Wyndham Garden/Windsor was average. From the reviews I have read I didn't really know what to expect but still went ahead to have it a try.
Upon arrival I was greeted and welcomed by a young lady at the front desk. I do not recall her name, but she was tall, light skinned with short curly hair and beautiful green eyes. She checked me in and was very polite. Once I got to the room, there was no iron & iron board, no hair dryer, no comforter on the bed and the 1990 tube tv in the room wasn't working. I called the from desk and spoke to the young lady and she told me she will gladly accommodate me with a different room and make sure the room is good before she gave me the keys. A few minutes later the maintenance guy came to my door and handed me my new room keys.
The following morning, housekeeping NEVER cleaned my room. I had purposely left the towels on the floor to get service (I read the note in the bathroom) and still didn't get service. I called a few time guest services to request service and new towels and I was told housekeeping is not cleaning rooms anymore and it was 4pm!!! When I asked about towels, I was told they did not have any at the front desk and that once they get a hold of housekeeping they will send me some. What kind of hotel doesn't have any towels or can not get in touch with their housekeeping department?!? I finally got my towels 2hrs later, and I noticed they had holes in them. At that point I had had enough. I went to the front desk and requested to speak to the GM. As I was waiting I overheard some upset guests talk about their stay and how their car got broken into and the signs that says the hotel is not reliable for any damages was located at the back of the hotel, and how she has been given the round around by the GM not returning her calls after leaving multiples messages post their initial conversation. At that point I was ready to check out and go somewhere else. I asked for a refund, to my pleasant surprise I was informed that only the GM issues refunds and she is not in and they have no idea when she will be back. What kind of hotel have a GM that does not have a schedule, can not be reachable and is never in the office?!? I have tried to contact her multiple times and she has not once returned my calls. I am fed up and will no longer attempt to contact her!!! I will not make the mistake to stay there again!
Not to mention the hotel was smelling like marijuana, there was prostitutes walking around soliciting themselves not to mention the police showing up at the hotel multiple times. I would not recommend this place to anybody but that is my personal opinion.

• Stayed March 2013
Krystal S, Manager at Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
1. We have boxes of unopened towels and have made sure that front desk will always have some. Went through all our towels, found few that were frayed and removed them.
2. The AC not working. I personally had maintenance check every room, Out of 232 rooms we have coffee pots and irons in 90% of our rooms
3. I was on site all the time; I have asked front desk to call me any time day or night if they have any customer service issues. Please give us another chance to treat you like a King. Call me anytime 805 377 3544 if you have any problem with this hotel. I am so sorry, Fahim

Been to Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!