“Great for early morning ATL flights.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South

Save Saved
You added Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South to your Saves list
Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5010 Old National Highway, Atlanta, GA 30349 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Atlanta Airport South)   |
Ranked #142 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great for early morning ATL flights.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

With the extended parking package and 15 minute shuttle ride to ALT airport you really can't beat it. Sure the planes are flying over you every few minutes but it was not very audible from inside. No problems sleeping for me. Shuttle service every 30min even at 4am when we left the hotel. Hotel is currently being renovated so you may see some construction but nothing got in our way. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed one night as we arrived late into the city as our flight was delayed and our meetings in town were the next morning. We booked this hotel through priceline, as others had mentioned, the rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor rooms seem reserved for Priceline who are non full paying customers. Our room was on the 4th floor and it was okay, we got a King bed and the room was okay for 1 night but we wouldn't stay here longer than that. We heard room doors close all night and the walls are pretty thin. We had asked to be away from the highway side so at least that must have helped a bit.

I felt that some elements of service were lacking at this property:

1. When we checked in, we asked for a King bed and they were able to accommodate our request. However, there was only one bath towel in the bedroom so I called to ask for a 2nd one. I was asked to go downstairs to collect it from the front desk, where I was handed a towel, the the kind that are put on the floor, not a proper bath towel. The time was only 1030pm, and the hotel wasn't busy, so I didn't see how hard it would have been to send the towel up. Service was lacking on this front. After all, it's still a Wyndham right?

2. Next morning we left and the front desk was not very proactive in asking us if we needed a cab. While I understand most people drive, it would still have been a nice service touch.

At the end, the best part of the night was the shuttle service ride from ATL airport - we almost missed it and almost took a cab. The lady driver was very friendly and hospitable, she was the only one that made us feel welcome! To find the van, when you get out of the airport, walk through ground transportation, and shuttle van pickups are beyond the taxi line. The Wyndham van should be right outside Section Number 3 in the Purple zone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights. The cost was $55+tax/nt. The shuttle service was not too bad. I used it to come from the airport, and on days I ventured on the MARTA (train). The staff is friendly. The room was okay. The family next to me continuously placed the bolt between the door and slammed and banged it all night until I knocked and asked them to keep the noise down. (be considerate of others ppl). I was not fond of the location. I would definitely opt to stay downtown Atlanta or even Buckhead next time. Also, if you are considering public transportation, this is absolutely not a great hotel choice. A car rental is strongly suggested. Even in a car, though, the ride to and from downtown was still too long for my liking. Everything went smoothly. I did not eat at the onsite location as the area did not look too welcoming (dark and dingy). The last day the hotel held my bags after checkout and that allowed me to do some last minute sightseeing. My 8 year old son surprisingly approved of this hotel despite the insufficient kids channels, lack of continental breakfast and non-working wifi. There is a business office with one computer for the entire hotel. It took me 4 trips to print boarding passes. There is an outdoor and indoor pool as well as a gym but we did not have time to experience those amenities. All in all, it was sufficient for a last minute vacay. I would opt to pay extra and return to the Marriott hotels in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FahimAshok, Manager at Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We do provide shuttle service to Marta at airport all day long, so you will find you can stay with us for half the cost of downtown Hotels. We are renovating. Our menu is limited, but are doing our best to provide excellent customer service. Please give us another try. We guarantee your satisfaction.
Denver, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

First i want to say that the rooms were dirty i was moved to three rooms before i was satisfied,i went down to the bar to have something to eat the food was terrible, there was an older gentleman who walked with a limp at the bar area who bribed me to say something good about this hotel by buying me drinks.The rooms smelled of mold and my pillow smelled like feet (discusting) and i got worse when i turned on the AC unit, also there was so much noise from outside traffic i couldnt sleep so i called down to get a wake up call which i never got.The rooms are in desperate need of an up grade the restaurant is also oh did i forget to mention there was a man shot in the lobby as i went down to get another key because the one they gave me didnt work...There is also a prostitute and her pimp living in the hotel who works there to pay for their room they are on the 5th floor beware this place is not what i thought wyndham would have as one of their hotels i am very dissapointed at wyndham

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the street side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FahimAshok, Manager at Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Sorry you had all these problems, most guests enjoy the hotel. But we are in the process of renovating and upgrading to a Windsor. I think you will be very happy next time and if you are not 100% satisfied your room will be free.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I looked at a lot of hotels online before I chose the Wyndham. I was going to arrive at the airport very late and needed a good night's rest for the next day.

My check in went smoothly. I was given a room on the 6th floor (I think it was 613). Upon entering the room, I was astounded by the traffic noise from the freeway. I figured I could turn on the air conditioner and it would be okay. Also, the lamp next to the bed didn't work. No biggie. I fell asleep and woke up two hours later from the noise. After not being able to get back to sleep, I called the front desk to see if they had any earplugs (the placard in the bathroom stated to call the front desk for any items we may have forgotten). She didn't have any, and told me that usually no one complains about the noise. A few minutes later, I called back to see if they would give me a different room. She certainly didn't offer, but was happy to oblige. I got dressed, repacked my bag and got my new key. Imagine my surprise when I realized she'd given me a room on the 5th floor ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE BUILDING. So again, tons of traffic noise. I tried to call her but the phone in this room didn't work. I went back to the front desk to ask for a room on the other side of the building. She put me in a different room (410, I think) that was much quieter and I went to sleep.

In the bathroom of the previous rooms, there were several toiletries of the same brand. In this new room, there was one bottle of shampoo that was a different brand than the other other rooms but nothing else. No soap, no lotion, nothing. I went to take a shower and something was keeping the shower curtain from moving freely. I looked up to see a washcloth hanging over it. I began to wonder if this bathroom had even been cleaned. Disgusting. I was in a hurry to get to an appointment and was not able to talk to the manager before I left. I left him a voicemail a few days later, but I have not heard back.

This hotel had a few good qualities: 1. The rooms were nicely appointed and the beds were comfortable. 2. The lady driving the shuttle to the airport was funny and bubbly and very personable.

I love a hotel with a comfortable bed, but what good is that if the room is too noisy. If you stay here, bring earplugs.

Room Tip: 410 was much quieter than 613. Bring earplugs if you don't think of freeway traffic as relaxing...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sorry you found it noisy. Front desk should have told you which rooms are very quiet for guests who are sensitive to noise. Usually the AC drowns out any noise. we are upgrading and soon will be a Windsor and If you come here again we will guarantee 100% satisfaction.
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend for two nights, we travel and stay in hotels wuite often. This hotel was very clean including the lobby and our room, our beds were very comfy. The staff was very helpful the entire time. We used the shuttle to the airport which was very easy and helpful. I met the owner of the hotel at one point and he was very kind and made sure we were happy guests. The bartender Pam was a pleasure! Very kind as well as helpful !

Room Tip: Top floors have fridge and microwave :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked this hotel via Priceline.com because it was a really good deal AND judging by the pictures on Wyndham's website, the rooms looked pretty darn good. Well, that was NOT what we got AT ALL. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at every aspect of our stay at this hotel. It was a complete joke. I am still baffled by the 3.5 star rating that Priceline shows it as.

The front desk staff were very friendly but that's where it ended...

The rooms are extremely outdated, smelled of mold/mildew, ALL of the furniture is outdated, the wallpaper was peeling from every corner of the room. The cable TV hardly worked on the 32 inch tube TV that looked old as dirt. The channels were frozen and the ones that weren't didn't have audio. When I called the front desk, they sent a maintenance guy up to "fix" it, but he said he didn't know why it wasn't working and left it the same way he found it- not working. So, the entire time, we watched the news...

The floors were filthy, the room looked bare and cold. The vending machine on the 3rd floor was completely empty the entire time we were there. The room didn't have a "DO not disturb" sign in it. I asked 2 times to get one and never got it. I finally caught the housekeeping lady on my floor and asked for one. Her response "I don't have one- They're all broken but I'll find one for you". She DID eventually find one for me (Thank you!) but, wow. This hotel is a complete JOKE.

The pool didn't work, the hot tub didn't work because the heating in it went out (?).

The shuttle driver was very inattentive and unprofessional. He had a rip right under the back pocket of his pants that had to be at least 4-5 inches long (very unprofessional). He didn't even open the door for me to get into the van (no big deal here, but geez!)

This is NOT a 3 star hotel- more like a 1 star. The Hotel needs a complete overhaul.

Someone also needs to update their website with actual pictures of the rooms in that hotel because the room that my husband and I stayed in looked absolutely nothing like what is depicted on their website.

Shame on you Wyndham....

Room Tip: Find a different Hotel- D NOT waist your money at this establishment. THis place is a disgrace to th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Windsor Hotel Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!