“Horrible pizza, awesome atmosphere!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 3,682 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Atlanta, Georgia
“Horrible pizza, awesome atmosphere!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Ok when it comes to good pizza my first request is I want to get what I want. Meaty cheesy goodness! I wanted sausage and pepperoni extra cheese onions! But apparently the menu was as is....no changes ..... you CAN'T have 2 meats on the pizza. you cant do half and half on the toppings. Not even extra cheese,

The cool thing is the seating style it is long wooden tables almost cafeteria style where you sit with other people at your table. That was neat. Best part was BYOA (beer wine whatever) and no cork fee.

If your looking for a social atmosphere where its a bunch of people and can make new friends then you should go. But if your looking for a good pizza with generous toppings where you can order what you want then go somewhere else.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Stephanie C

Alabama, United States
“Best pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

First time there we had the Diavolo. This was my favorite pizza of all time.

It was so good we went here again, two days later. It the best pizza you will ever eat.

They are BYOB, so bring your own wine or a cooler of beer. They have rustic dining, so just grab a seat somewhere and enjoy.

Visited July 2013
Washington, Georgia
“Best pizza I've ever tasted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I was in Atlanta over the weekend and since I have a love affair with any kind of pizza, we tried Anticos. Holy cow! The ingredients were the freshest I've ever experienced. My husband found this restaurant from its website and after reading the story of the owner he said that we had to try it. We got the Margherita D.O.P with Pepperoni and took it back to the hotel room to enjoy (the restaurant on a Saturday was pretty packed). Like I said, the best pizza I've ever tasted. It was $25 for the pie, but it was worth the splurge. We will definitely be making another trip to the ATL for another slice of this pizza. Get there early! They only stay open as long as they have dough to make pizza.

“STILL THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Best Pizza I ever ate...Still. I took 10 family members to Antico. They had come in from Philadelphia which is one of the best Italian restaurant towns in the country. I wondered if Antico would have any drop off since it opened to rave reviews a couple of years ago...I am pleased to report that Antico is better than ever.
I know this place and the owner, Giovanni truly cares about every slice of this delectable pizza. Despite the distraction of buying up a bunch of properties near by, opening a very good chicken joint next door, and being wooed by ever major restaurant chain in America, Giovanni's Antico Pizza is still as good or better than the day it opened...this pizza will ruin you. You will never be able to go to another Pizza place without saying "it's good, but it's not Antico."
I love taking new people to Antico because they always say the same thing.."that was the best pizza I ever had."
Antico..the name says it all just like fine antiques, this place gets better with age!

Northern Virginia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Probably one of the best pizzas I have ever had. Love the food, the atmosphere.

We had a 7-yr old with us, place is not exactly kid friendly, but he liked the noise & fun atmosphere. The chefs tossing the pizza was cool!

Take your own drinks, they allow it (plus the ones there are expensive)

Gets really crowded (we went on a weekend evening!), but be patient and it moves fast...spread around and grab a table!

• Visited June 2013