“Best pizza I've ever tasted!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Washington, Georgia
“Best pizza I've ever tasted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I was in Atlanta over the weekend and since I have a love affair with any kind of pizza, we tried Anticos. Holy cow! The ingredients were the freshest I've ever experienced. My husband found this restaurant from its website and after reading the story of the owner he said that we had to try it. We got the Margherita D.O.P with Pepperoni and took it back to the hotel room to enjoy (the restaurant on a Saturday was pretty packed). Like I said, the best pizza I've ever tasted. It was $25 for the pie, but it was worth the splurge. We will definitely be making another trip to the ATL for another slice of this pizza. Get there early! They only stay open as long as they have dough to make pizza.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
“STILL THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Best Pizza I ever ate...Still. I took 10 family members to Antico. They had come in from Philadelphia which is one of the best Italian restaurant towns in the country. I wondered if Antico would have any drop off since it opened to rave reviews a couple of years ago...I am pleased to report that Antico is better than ever.
I know this place and the owner, Giovanni truly cares about every slice of this delectable pizza. Despite the distraction of buying up a bunch of properties near by, opening a very good chicken joint next door, and being wooed by ever major restaurant chain in America, Giovanni's Antico Pizza is still as good or better than the day it opened...this pizza will ruin you. You will never be able to go to another Pizza place without saying "it's good, but it's not Antico."
I love taking new people to Antico because they always say the same thing.."that was the best pizza I ever had."
Antico..the name says it all just like fine antiques, this place gets better with age!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Virginia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Probably one of the best pizzas I have ever had. Love the food, the atmosphere.

We had a 7-yr old with us, place is not exactly kid friendly, but he liked the noise & fun atmosphere. The chefs tossing the pizza was cool!

Take your own drinks, they allow it (plus the ones there are expensive)

Gets really crowded (we went on a weekend evening!), but be patient and it moves fast...spread around and grab a table!

• Visited June 2013
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
“Bellissimo! Fresh Atlanta Pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Heard about this restaurant from an Atlanta TV reviewer and was curious to see if it really was as major league as indicated by the TV hype. (Living in NYC for a few years, I have become a bit of a Pizza Snob). Antico Pizza is in the hippie industrial section of Hemphill road and 14th street. When you walk in for the first time it isn’t clear if you are seated for orders to you order and sit down. The order line forms at the door. Grab a drink to your left and when you get up to the cash register, order and pay. $60 this visit. Have a seat in either the front room (much cooler and better for conversation) or the large back room where you eat right in the kitchen (much hotter and the music is louder in the back room). At 2PM on a Wednesday, the joint was full. You sit with strangers holding hands… so be prepared if you are a small party. 5 minutes after we ordered, a lady came by with two trays of pizza shouting out our order number. It works. We wolfed down the Margherita D.O.P and the San Gennaro. Wonderful. Service was fast. The food was piping hot. And, this former NYC Pizza Snob gives Antico Pizza high ratings! It is some of the best Atlanta pizza I have enjoyed in a long time. Fresh flown in ingredients and perfect tasting crust. I mean perfect. Bellissimo! We are coming back.

Woodstock, Georgia
“Fantastic pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is by far on the best pizzas I've ever had! Everything about the pizza was great. The crust,the sauce, and the toppings. Everybody needs to give this place a try you will not be disappointed.