“I don't see the hype” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Takeout
San Diego, California
“I don't see the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Maybe I didn't get the best doughnuts Sublime has to offer, but the guy working the counter rushed me through and didn't seem to want to answer questions even though no one else was in line (it was my first time there and my boyfriend and I were just visited Atlanta). Anyway, we went with an A Town, Reese’s PB Cup, and Chocolate Wild Berry fritter. We dug into the A-Town right away since it was fresh, but I was disappointed. It was essentially a boston cream pie doughnut. I can get the same thing at Dunkin, so I was unimpressed. The Reese’s donut was better than the A-Town. The inside had a peanut butter cream and it had reese’s on the outside, so what’s not to like. The chocolate berry fritter was my least favorite because I’m not a fan of fruit and chocolate together. However, I did appreciate the use of real fruit (there were raspberry seeds in the dough so that was cool). If I'm ever in Atlanta again, will I visit again? No. I would look elsewhere for a doughnut fix.

Visited January 2013

Atlanta, GA, USA
“Yes, the donuts are good but don't count on your favorite being there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This tiny place in a tiny shopping at 10th Street and Hemphill (near Georgia Tech) is fine if you can go by off hours and get tyour donuts to go. While they show at least 15 different types on their list, it is his or miss as to what they will actually have. The donuts are good, but hot glazed Krispy Kremes on Ponce De Leon are just as tasty, 24 hours a day. The place is all the buzz but not worth a long drive or enduring the line as the service can pretty slow. Much time is wasted with people asking what all the donuts are, which could be easily resolved by labeling them!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, Florida
“Doesn't Live Up to What Expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I went here with my brother and sister for a bite to eat before we left Atlanta. The donuts are certainly unique with interesting flavors and nicely done pictures on their internet site. I enjoyed the strawberry and cream donut, although the cream could have been better. The other donuts were just OK as far as I am concerned. I don't like raised donuts. I prefer cake donuts and most, if not all of their donuts were raised. We ate at the donut shop on a Sunday morning and they had only one serving of milk in the place although we there early in the morning (not very good planning). They have limited seating. There is a tall table looking out the window with five chairs and two small tables, but there were only 4 chairs total for these tables. There is also two sofas to sit on. Also, their donuts are a little pricey.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Glenville, New York
“Costs, but tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

You'll certainly pay more than you would at a 'regular' donut place. But I think Sublime is probably closer to a bakery that specializes in donuts. If they sold cupcakes instead, I don't think I would have thought twice about the price.

I ordered coffee and two doughnuts. The doughnuts were incredibly fresh during my morning visit. The honey glazed was really good, and the chocolate caramel was...reeeeeeaaaalllly good. The coffee is individually ground and pressed on order. The roast was a little darker than I prefer, but after a bite of doughnut it mellowed out a little.

The shop is located in a plaza next to a tattoo parlor. The large sign outside just says "Doughnuts", so keep your eyes open if you want to stop here. The chef who started the business was in the seating area, so that was kind of neat. The decor is super cute, with all types of doughnut decor and even a few kid's books with doughnut themes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Excellent donuts and great flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Picked up a dozen since it was my first time there I asked for a variety and each donut I ate I thought this is my favorite until I ate the next one well worth the drive downtown

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere