“Don't get the hype” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Dessert
Suwanee, Georgia
“Don't get the hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I wanted to like these doughnuts so badly, after forcing my husband to drive out of his way to go. He hated them, and I thought they were "okay." Edible, but certainly nothing I would go out of my way to return to. The workers were friendly, and my cousin, who was with us, loved hers. I doubt I would return, but mostly just because it is not near anything I go to.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Locust Grove, Georgia
“Not Krispy Kreme but still really tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I grew up in Atlanta, so Krispy Kreme doughnuts flow thru my veins and then down onto my hips That hot now sign makes me want to grab an ice cold glass of milk and cram one of those sweet circles into my mouth (if you are unfamiliar with a hot now, it just collapses with that first bite). I tell you this so you will understand that while I love Krispy kreme, sublime is delicious in its own right. It needs to be judged on its own and not compared to kk.

When we went in to sublime we ordered one of everything. That day they had 18 different flavors. It should be noted that you cannot buy more than two dozen at a time without advance notice. They also do this really cool thing where they spell out happy birthday in doughnuts that you can advance order.

We did a taste test to see which doughnuts we liked the best. Here are the results.
Everybody liked honey glazed cinnamon swirl, caramel apple fritter, fresh strawberries and cream, Reese's peanut butter cup, nutella, white chocolate peach fritter.
Most everybody liked dulce de leche, raspberry filled heart, s'mores, salt and vinegar (that one was sweet and salty/sour)
Kids liked butterfinger, Atown cream, orange dream star (if you like varsity fo's you will like this), yin yang twists, Choc berry fritter, Oreo, butter toffee
No one liked the Atown mocha.

We did not get to try the Choc banana fritter, deep dark Choc fudge, or red velvet.

On Saturdays they have a maple cheese bacon on that sounds interesting.

Sublime is right at the Georgia tech campus, so crowded with students. Also, these puppies ain't cheap. The cheapest is $1.00 and they run up to $2.00. Would I go back, you bet. This is one of those fun places to go for a treat or maybe for when you have guest over.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville, North Carolina
“Yumm bits of badness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Even though I know donuts are not healthy I could not stop myself at just one. Loved the strawberry and cream and the deep dark choc!! Thank goodness I do not live close or these could become a problem. They are the freshest donuts I have ever eaten.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Murfreesboro, TN
“Unique and Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I hit Sublime during our trip to Atlanta and were not disappointed. The flavor combinations were very unique and excellent. My favorite was the Salt and Vinegar - salted caramel and balsamic vinegar reduction on a chocolate yeast donut. The donuts themselves are very light and not greasy at all. Highly recommended. Be warned though, the strawberries and cream sells out fast!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boca Raton
“Could not stop eating their doughnuts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Okay, so we thought we would each get one doughnut but that didn't really work. Every one was better than the last so we got more. And then more. What we are most sad about is that we do not have a Sublime where we live!! Will definitely be back here whenever we are in Atlanta. Delish.