“I love Loews Atlanta Morehouse/Spelman” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“I love Loews Atlanta Morehouse/Spelman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Loews Atlanta is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The Hotel is very contemporary. I love the lobby. Restaurant eleven has the greatest salad ever, for $10, everything fresh with a choice of large shrimp, grilled chicken and grilled beef, or the combination of all three. The room was great. I love the bathroom with huge showers and bathtub. Big counter for my wife and me not to bump into each while getting dressed. Big HD Tv's in the room. Love the size of the room.
I can't say enough about how inviting the lobby bar and lounge area. I loved the contemporary jazz band that played on both Friday and Saturday night.
I was there for my college reunion. We had 50 plus rooms. The hotel staff, Carmen Moses, Alexia Sands and Jonathan, The VIP directory, took care of everyone of us before our arrival and during our stay. The staff all had class, intelligent and attentive. Even the parking was great.
The hotel is centrally located in midtown, five minutes from great lounges, restaurant and shops in walking distance. Five minutes from Marta train station. Night life around hotel on weekends is great.
Everyone in my group loved the hotel and wants to come back. If you are coming to Atlanta, there is only one place to stay. Loews Hotel.
Thanks Carmen Moses, Alexia Sands and Jonathan for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Suites are great. Most rooms are very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Patrick A,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests! I've passed along all your kind regards to Carmen, Alexia and Jonathan. They are a great joy to work! And you are completely right- our large counter tops make it so much easier for couples getting ready in the morning!! Thank you again for all your feedback and comments! We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel is crisp and modern.

The room was large as was the bathroom which had a separate tub and shower.

The staff was friendly and made great restaurant suggestions.

Would definitely stay here again for both personal travel and business travel.

Room Tip: The high floors have great views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear WWPaci,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and thought our design was "crisp and modern." We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Simply Fabulous. The hotel, the staff and the location were great. The staff is very friendly, and very accommodating. The decor is warm yet contemporary. I had a room on the 26th floor with a great view of the city. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear reaton9729,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon! We encourage you to add us on Facebook to learn about all the great things we have going on in our city!

Many thanks,
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I think $25 for silverware is excessive. The food in the Eleven restaurant (not bar) was great. I was upset that my K-cup for coffee costed $1.50. The bathroom was so clean. Loved the set up, but the room size was somewhat small. I appreciated the quiet and availability of the staff, no matter how silly the request.

Dear Cookiehead J.,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room
Jvo621
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here just for one night for a business trip in May 2013. I travel quite a bit to Atlanta for business and this could very well be the best hotel I've stayed in. All of the staff were so sincerely pleasant, friendly and helpful above and beyond; from the bellman to the front desk to the wait staff in the restaurants. Very accomodating to my vegetarian requests by making something for me not on the menu. The room is beautifully appointed and the bed was incredibly comfortable. As someone else mentioned, no detail was overlooked. Best shower ever, and love the Lather toiletries! (Is it wrong to take home an unopened bar of soap?)
I did not get to venture out so I can't speak to the location, but from the cab rides it looks like there's a lot happening locally.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jvo621,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We can’t wait to see you again soon! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel was great, definitely beyond my expectations. My room was very nice, with the highlight being the oversized bathroom.

The staff generously accommodated our 300+ attendees for a Happy Hour Mixer that lasted well into the wee hours of the morning! Although, I would have preferred that there were more bartenders on duty in the lounge, the drinks were really good. We all enjoyed our stay.

At check-out, I had left my purse in the lobby while taking the last few photos with my classmates. The staff, especially Jonathan Vendrick (VIP Mgr), was very helpful and accommodating in retrieving it for me, so that I could finish up and get back on the road.

I definitely recommend this hotel for any stay in Atlanta!

Dear Mjbahner,

Thank you so much for writing a TripAdvisor review for us all here at Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon! We encourage you to add us on Facebook to learn about all the great things we have going on in our city!

Thanks again,
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

LOVED the hotel and the hotel staff! Ryan was efficient and professional at check-in. The weekend MOD Anthony was most helpful as we tried to reconcile the early am noise issues...DO NOT STAY in rooms overlooking front entrance on 11th. Hotel was selected by the GTLA conference staff. Fortunately, our teens were more interested in shopping at Lenox and Phipps (20 minute drive) than pool time as this property does NOT have a pool. Was within walking distance of Empire State South (they have an outdoor bocce ball court) and South City restaurants. Eleven Lobby Bar is popular and LOUD...20-plus minutes to get a drink from the cocktail waitress. Rooms are large, amenities were nice and beds were almost TOO comfortable. Poor rating no sleep quality was selected due to noise between 3am and 4am from the parking lot that serves two nightclubs across the street.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY in rooms over the front entrance facing a large parking lot across the street. We had t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear ncnativechick,

Many thanks,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!